Starting Strength Coaches

I see what you did there.

6 Likes

So I made the expletive an adverb.

I think.

But, anytime you can throw De Niro in the mix, itā€™s a win.

Most people do not realize that the word ā€œfuckā€ is a linguistā€™s dream.

Jesā€™ sayinā€™.

2 Likes

currently learning Spanish which is a much cooler language than English, but they donā€™t have a word anywhere near as good as ā€œfuck.ā€ Swearing in general isnā€™t as good in Spanish as it is in English.

2 Likes

I thought we were going to keep that between the two of us.

But seriously, been great having you on the site for just this sort of well reasoned discussion.

3 Likes

Arenā€™t these the guys Alan Thrall ist so enthusiastic about lately? He seems to praise them in every video.

1 Like

Probably. They all seem to have crushes on the MDs.

am I the only person in this thread who doesnā€™t know who these people are?

3 Likes

The only reason I know about Alan is from competing in his shows. Great dude, but I have no idea what his social media presence is.

1 Like

I Just know because of Alan Thrall. Well and Rippetoe ist kind of well known.

I like his content. It is a shame that he has stopped doing strongman though. He had some good instructional videos for strongman events. Well, I guess we still have our very own, Brian!

2 Likes

Brianā€™s are excellent. His CDB is the best instructional I have seen on that implement but he has clearly been influenced by Alan on how to do an instructional video.

Details PLEASEā€¦

1 Like

It wasnā€™t that big of a deal, thatā€™s why itā€™s so funny. Typical post, dude asked something about stalling and hadnā€™t read the book. A wannabe SSC put up a meme of a large woman hitting a dude in the face with a book and the slogan ā€œRead the book.ā€ So I said something snarky about drinking the cool aid. He responded with some typical SS rant with big words and stuff so I responded, ā€œA bit bombastic, eh bro? So you drank the cool aid and he didnā€™t.ā€

That was it. Posts were deleted and I was kicked out. No notification, just not in my feed anymore.

I donā€™t think it was the single incident. Iā€™ve called bullshit on their verbosity before and they donā€™t like it. They all try to imitate Rip and sound really smart and then misuse their homonyms so I have to point that out.

Itā€™s my nature.

3 Likes

Tis the nature of social media.

I got kicked out of a mushroom hunting group for posting a pic of my one chantarelle patch with the question ā€œCan I trip off of these or should I just throw them away?ā€. Didnā€™t help that the mods and everybody else were complaining about not finding them this year.

Some people are just all ego and no humor.

2 Likes

There are mushroom hunting groups?!

4 Likes

Doesnā€™t really seem sporting honestly. Hell; what do you even shoot them with?

3 Likes

A twelve-spore @T3hPwnisher

6 Likes

Not to inspire further hijack, but yes there are.

Waay down the halls of nerd-dom, past the glacial rift of the frost giant jarl, right next to the group that insists that #3 pencils are superior to #2ā€™s.

They make collector edition spore prints!

I like Thrall. He is a good dude. Smart and a promising young lifter.

I just had my first run in with this Joe Jaloszynski guy the SS Facebook group. You captured my experience rather well.

My first time posting was simply asking where in the book does it talk about the set/rep scheme that everyone seems to associate with SS.

Well you can imagine how it went from there. Add in being called lazy.

1 Like