Starting Speed

when we start our lift of the floor, coaches recommend to start of slow. However I have experimented today by starting of fast and I felt that lifts felt a bit easier.

[quote]dnd611 wrote:
when we start our lift of the floor, coaches recommend to start of slow. However I have experimented today by starting of fast and I felt that lifts felt a bit easier.[/quote]
it should not be slow… some would call it controlled. You should go as fast as you can off the floor without compromising your posture/positions. The lift should (generally for most lifters) gradually speed up as it goes from floor to hip.

fast, faster.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]dnd611 wrote:
when we start our lift of the floor, coaches recommend to start of slow. However I have experimented today by starting of fast and I felt that lifts felt a bit easier.[/quote]
it should not be slow… some would call it controlled. You should go as fast as you can off the floor without compromising your posture/positions. The lift should (generally for most lifters) gradually speed up as it goes from floor to hip.[/quote]

Don’t rip the bar off the floor to start because more often then not you won’t be able to hold position yet. Once you can work on building up some speed. Job done!

Koing

Go as fast as you can while maintaining positions.

SqueeeezecrankfasterBAMdowntight.

[quote]ninearms wrote:
SqueeeezecrankfasterBAMdowntight.[/quote]

I’m going to tape that to the wall in front of my platform.