T Nation

Starting Question

Well I’m new to the site and I’m kinda beginner in the whole gym field so I do know most of the basics.
I did read the “Are you a beginner II” from start to end and I got my attention on the TBT workout method because it seems interesting and I think constant change is good, no?
I did read it several times although I still don’t understand some of the methods, for example:

Do I change the chest exercises in each workout? or do I change it each week?
Example: lets say I’m in my 1st week and in the first day I did the flat barbell do I need to pick a different exercise in the next workout or remain with the same one the whole week?

Another question concerns nutrition, What should I eat before a workout?(I mean carbs + protein or protein + fat and does it differ from cardio workout nutrition? and how long is the ideal time to eat before the workout, approximately?
If you can advice certain food I would appreciate it.

Oh and last question, should I exercise with the TBT as a beginner?

[quote]klem wrote:
Well I’m new to the site and I’m kinda beginner in the whole gym field so I do know most of the basics.
I did read the “Are you a beginner II” from start to end and I got my attention on the TBT workout method because it seems interesting and I think constant change is good, no?
I did read it several times although I still don’t understand some of the methods, for example:

Do I change the chest exercises in each workout? or do I change it each week?
Example: lets say I’m in my 1st week and in the first day I did the flat barbell do I need to pick a different exercise in the next workout or remain with the same one the whole week?

Another question concerns nutrition, What should I eat before a workout?(I mean carbs + protein or protein + fat and does it differ from cardio workout nutrition? and how long is the ideal time to eat before the workout, approximately?
If you can advice certain food I would appreciate it.

Oh and last question, should I exercise with the TBT as a beginner?[/quote]

TBT is fine for beginners, infact, any fucking program is fine for beginners. As for the nutrition, if your goal is muscle gain, have protein(meat) and carbs(starchy complex carbs) pre workout, and protein and carbs(simple sugary) post workout.

If my goals are to get bigger(gain massive muscle mass)is there a certain workout plan I should follow?

because right now I got a split workout plan and I dont realy know what should I do…either to keep with this basic workout plan or should I switch to something else which might be more suitable for my goals…

one more thing, any ideas for protein+fat meals(something different from the “Massive Eating II” because I dont use protein powder right now)?

and how the hell can I reach 3600 calories per day?

I mean I eat alot of bread and rise or pasta(1 meal) I eat vegies with each meal some fruits during the day, I would appreciate some food suggestions, thanks.

[quote]klem wrote:
If my goals are to get bigger(gain massive muscle mass)is there a certain workout plan I should follow?[/quote]

Yup the one that you will do, be consistant and bring intensity to. Also a good well balance one like hundreds written here. Pick One what ever you will do.

Sure a meat, a veggie and olive oil. Bam there are hundreds when you count poultry, beef, fish, etc and the tons of veggies. Also nuts are great, avacado, etc…

[quote]
and how the hell can I reach 3600 calories per day?

I mean I eat alot of bread and rise or pasta(1 meal) I eat vegies with each meal some fruits during the day, I would appreciate some food suggestions, thanks.[/quote]

3600 cake walk bro you just eat. Dont ignore the fats BIG bang for the bite. Nuts, olive oil, milk, cheese, eggs, avacado, coconut. add on your protein, carbs, cake bro. Id bet 75% of the ppl here are eating at least near that most over. i just take effort much like training.

Phill

Thanks alot for the help tho just out of curiosity, can you give me example of what you eat in a day?
what food in each meal of the day(like what you at yesterday or today), just to checkout and compare, thank you.

OK ill bite though this means thinking and memory LOL

First every meal has 2-3 fishoils 4-6 Flameout a day the rest walmart brand total 12-18

Oh tons of spices and salt as well

Meal #1
Half heaping cup of a mix of oatbran and buckwheat cereal
1 banana
1 scoop Metabolic Drive
1 scoop Grow!

Meal #2
Salmon Fillet Approx 4oz
Two heaping handfulls Mixed veggies
Tablespoon olive oil
Liberal Parm. Cheese
Tomatoe sauce
Scoop Grow!
half can pumpkin

Meal #3
1 scoop Metabolic Drive
1 scoop Grow!
Scoop Homemade Peanut Butter approx 2 tbls spoon
Apple
Celery

Meal #5
96 lean beef handfull approx 4oz
1 onion
1 green pepper
Tomato paste
2 slices cheese
1 scoop Grow!
Pear

Meal #5
1 scoop Metabolic Drive
1 scoop Grow!
Half can sugar free cherry pie filling
Bag of sunflower seeds

Meal #6
Can tuna
2 handfull broccoli
1 scoop Grow!
Heaping quarter cup Flax meal

That?s about it went shopping grabbed a few piece of fruit while in the produce section chucked in my mouth, a sample of a cookie in there bakery area a few piece chocolate when I walked past the bulk candy area LOL

About 4000 k/cals

That fairly typical except the lack of eggs normally have them every day

Phill

Wow thats a lot of food… and Grow! is protein supplement? or does it contain carbs as well?
oh and how much carbs in grams do you eat each day,approximately?

Another thing I was wondering is what supplements should I take if my goals are to get bigger?

Currently I have this simple 3 sets 12 reps split body workout plan because I’m quite a beginner, I did read a lot of the workout plans and I’m kinda lost and confused, so to stay with this simple one which gets quite boring?
I would really appreciate if you could advise me some other plan(so il have other basics)thanks.

[quote]klem wrote:
Wow thats a lot of food… and Grow! is protein supplement? or does it contain carbs as well?
[/quote]
Its plain Whey. No flavor etc just whey.

[quote]
oh and how much carbs in grams do you eat each day,approximately?[/quote]

LOL at this point a lot. Hell havent taken the time to meaure in a few years I havent been trying to cut weight I just eat GOOD whole foods fruit at every meal my grains in the AM etc. Man if I had to guess 300+ you can add it up if you like and the fruit is the biggest damn ones I can find no baby apples for me thank you. LOL

[quote]
Another thing I was wondering is what supplements should I take if my goals are to get bigger?[/quote]

At this point FOOD learn to eat. So supps protein powder, Surge, I say everyone should take creatine to many health benefits. Maybe Spike for a kick in the rear but above all you need to learn to eat.

[quote]
Currently I have this simple 3 sets 12 reps split body workout plan because I’m quite a beginner, I did read a lot of the workout plans and I’m kinda lost and confused, so to stay with this simple one which gets quite boring?
I would really appreciate if you could advise me some other plan(so il have other basics)thanks.[/quote]

Anything you will do be consistant and bring intensity to. the one your doing now or one of the many by the Authors here.

That said a good one for a beginner to get going and grasp many good habits concepts etc is ABBH by Chad Waterbury.

Phill

Wow thanks a lot! I never calculated vegies and fruits as carbs… I guess I eat too much carbs now that I think of it! like 12 pieces of bread and rice and I eat a lot of vegies and some fruits each day, vegies with each meal I noticed I’m gaining some fat so il cut back with the carbs, no more that much bread!