Starting Over

For about 2 years I worked out 5-6 days a week, all free weight (thats all there was to do at the time)and was in real good shape, ripped to death with nice mass. It’s been about 4 years now since I seriously worked out and I want to get back in to shape quickly for the summer. I have never taken any enhancement supplements before and I am now looking at mag-10 to give me a start up boost. If anyone can give me a heads up on whats out there that they would consider “safe” could you let me know.

What’s your routine like? And diet?

Have you read up on the various diets and training programs available here on T-Mag?

Also, have you considered dropping a day or two from your routine. Instead of 5-6 days a week, how about a 3-4 days instead?

MAG-10 is good, don’t get me wrong. But get your diet and routine down so that once you do resort to a prohormone, it’ll be that much more effective.

Hi, there, Wildfrog!!!

Patricia beat me to the punch and said just 'bout the same thing I was going to say.

Mag-10 is awesome. And if you read the Mag-10 Plan for Success, it has a great workout and will help you dial in your diet so that you get the most bang for the buck. But the numbers are optimized for someone who wants to bulk, not drop a little fat and put on a little muscle. And you should NOT be doing Mag-10 unless you’re 12% BF or lower. If you try bulking at a higher BF%, you’re going to put on a much higher percentage of fat. Not what you’re hoping for, I’m sure.

A MUCH better investment of your time and money would be to dial in your diet first, start working out again, read everything on the forum and in the archives on nutrition and workout programs and use Mag-10 down the road as a finishing tool.

As I’ve often said, there’s not a supplement around (including Mag-10 which is an AWESOME product) that will overcome a bad diet.

Good luck to you!!!

Ditto everything Patricia said. Listen to her; she knows her stuff. I’d get a few months of good training and eating under your belt before you hit up the prohormones; it’ll make your experience more beneficial.

Additionally, I encourage you to just be patient! It took 4 years to get out of shape; expecting to undo all that in just a few weeks is unreasonable and potentially unhealthy if you do things the wrong way.

Good luck!

ditto on all the above. just want to add that mag is great but i suspect that you will probably make huge gains w/o it since you’ve been ‘away’ for so long.

I know, I know, I know! Diet, diet and diet. It drives me nuts. Thank goodness that I did not blow up like a balloon around the gut. I am just starting to get the loooovvvee handles and I can’t stand it but there is really nothing like a huge bowl of cocopuffs before bed. Don’t know how I keep a 4 pack going but would really like that 6 pack again. I just get so sick of tuna fish when I am staring at a pile of hersey kisses. I guess that I have to decide what I want more if I can’t cheat my way thru. Snugly and firmly fill out that XL shirt again or stay with the lousy fitting medium and watch the love handle grow.

Thanks everyone.