Starting Out Need Help Losing Fat

Hello All.
I am currently 76 inches, 270lbs. While I’m not OVERLY fat, I am sitting at a 42 inch waist.

I eat healthy, exercise 5 days a week (Mon, Wed, Friday: 40 minutes Cardio/upper body weight training Tues, Thurs: 20 minutes cardio/lower body weight training).

I am looking to cut down on the amount of fat and get a healthier, more appealing appearance.

I recently began taking HOT-ROX (purchased from GNC) and Ripped Fuel supplements. I’m not sure if they work together, but my doctor said that he didnt’ think it would hurt me, physically, to take both.

I am looking for some help from experienced weight lifters and all around healthy people as to what else I can do to help trim myself down and develope lean muscle mass.

I have been exercising all my life, but have never been able to get rid of my gut. It’s to the point, now, that I will do nearly anything to develope a muscular physique.

Please help!

What are your eating habits like?

It’d be easier to offer advice if you detail what you eat in a typical day.

Average Day

Breakfast: HOT-ROX, Bagel or Toast, Sausage or Hard Boiled Egg, Iced Tea or Crystal Light

Snack: Banana or Orange

Lunch: 6" Roast Beef and Swiss Sandwich (Letuce, olives, mustard, oil and vinegar) on rye or wheat, small bowl of soup, lemonade.

Dinner: Steak, Fish, or Chicken, greens, mashed/baked potato or a roll, Water

uhm
if your target is “definition” i think you have to work mainly on aerobic workouts.

low intensity but “long in time” cario is the best choice. Running, byke, spinning, also swimming for at least 40-60minutes every odd day is what i suggest you

the weight training must be focused on “core training”

a protein rich diet and the supplement you take will prevent your lean mass from buring…

PS im sorry for my bad english…

First things first: Don’t stack HOT-ROX with other fat burners! For one it’s not necessary, and two you’re running the risk of over-stimulation.

So, stick with HOT-ROX, and only HOT-ROX. You’ll be glad you did.

Also, this thread below has a ton of info; certainly more than I can summarize in a post.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=640350

So, when you have the time, check out the info and articles that are linked to.

[quote]eitelmj wrote:
Average Day

Breakfast: HOT-ROX, Bagel or Toast, Sausage or Hard Boiled Egg, Iced Tea or Crystal Light

Lunch: 6" Roast Beef and Swiss Sandwich (Letuce, olives, mustard, oil and vinegar) on rye or wheat, small bowl of soup, lemonade.

Dinner: Steak, Fish, or Chicken, greens, mashed/baked potato or a roll, Water[/quote]

At 270 lb. you had either a sausage or AN egg??? I’m 142 lb. and I never eat fewer than 2 eggs at a time. I’ve got 120 lb teenage girls playing softball that are required to eat more than you do. You are basically starving.

Read Berardi. Go to his web site. Read his articles.

TNT

[quote]eitelmj wrote:
Average Day[/quote]

Your “average” day sucks!

I’d highly recommend something much more nutritious for breakfast. Things such as real oatmeal mixed with Low-Carb Grow! or a three-egg omlette (whole eggs) with veggies or a protein shake and some fruit.

Right now, you’re not eating enough and you’re making shitty choices. No wonder you can’t get leaner. You are starving your body so it will hold onto the fat.

This would be okay if you added protein to the meal such as cottage cheese, protein shake, tuna or some other meat.

This is “okay” for a meal, but you should try to make more nutritious meals by cooking extra food for dinner and taking leftovers for lunch. That way, you can make a lean meat with some veggies and/or a salad.

I’d skip the fruit at this point in the day and make this a Protein and Fat meal. Eggs, cottage cheese, meat, tuna, protein shake, etc. combined with raw almonds or natural peanut butter or something along those lines.

Hey, this is decent. I’d stick to a baked potato (without sour cream, cheese, bacon, etc.) or a sweet potato or brown/whole-grain rice instead of mashed potatoes or pasta. Also, skip the roll.

In addition, drink water all day long. And do some good exercising too. You need weight training and some sort of high intensity interval training (also called energy systems work or GPP) or some cardio.

Go read the “Beginner” thread in the Beginner’s Forum.

I’m surprised no one pointed out the calorie containing drinks. Once I made my beverage consumption the exclusive domain of water, I dropped around 20lbs without changing a single other habit of mine. I say work on that first (before you go crazy switching around everything else you’re doing). It’s going to suck - we’re such creatures of habit. It took over a year before I lost the cravings for sweetened beverages. You have to be a hardass on this one though, there’s no easing into it. Don’t say “I’ll allow myself a coke a week.” Don’t say “well, a little lemonade is okay.” You have to become a habitual water drinker. Here’s how I did it.

1. I bought a Nalgene (those 32oz indestructible water containers)

2. Nalgenes begin to release toxins into your fluid if you fill it with things line lemonade, pepsi, whatever. The acidity of calorie containing beverages peels off the inner coating. So you can only fill this up with water.

3. Take the Nalgene everywhere. You’ll never realize how dehydrated you’ve been all your life. If I go more than 10min without drinking water, I feel parched. Drink like it’s your job.

4. Never let the Nalgene be empty. Refill it before it’s empty.

5. Watch the pounds begin to melt right off.

Thanks for all of your help and comments.
I’ll definately be reading up on what I can do as far as changing my diet.

I have a Nalgene bottle on my bike, and have never heard anything like that.

I also checked their website. Is there a special bottle that does what was described here? I was unable to find it on their site, though it sounds interesting.

Finally:
Will taking MMUSA Thermogenic Serum (Thermo Male) and/or MMUSA ATP Plus Glucosamine Creatine Serum affect the HOT-ROX I’m taking?

Thanks again for all of your help and advice.

VR

Matt

What the fuck, I’ve never heard of this. Is this even legal? Releasing “toxins” into your body.

I’m not going to pretend to know what I’m talking about and try to break out all the scientific data and reasoning behind it, but according to my good friend, who’s a biochem grad student and lab aid, he warned me of this originally. I’ll have to speak to him when he gets back in town and confirm this. But I do recall reading elsewhere that Nalgene’s should only be filled with watered.

CFertain plastics do give off estrogens. But it is usually due to heating in the muicrowave or when storing heated substances.

So unless you are adding boiling water to your nalgene I tghink this is not worth the worry.

IMO. Just avoid the micro with plastics.