Starting My Velocity Diet Log; Official Start 5/26!

@Amilli I’ve used the Nutribullet for YEARS. The motor is strong, the bottles and blades clean easily, and it’s also the #1 recommendation from Wirecutter. Specifically the 900 series.

2 Likes

Push workout done. Felt pretty strong, but all my weights are pretty light, just starting back. Will do my midday shake as post workout. Some additional thoughts: my hubs is a creeper, and now knows I think he’s (almost) always right. He is also always in my corner; he already ordered a nutri bullet. I’m spoiled.

Dinner of champions, lol. Feeling full now, but was deffo ready to eat something solid. One more shake before bed, and day 1 is done. Will be a bit more spartan with my posts going forward, but I’m terrible at communication, so this is also practicing a skill, of sorts.

3 Likes

You’re a hero, sir, if you’re reading this. Way to support!

I think starting back light is smart. In fact, the older I get, I think staying light is almost always smart.

1 Like

Vanilla+nutmeg=eggnog shake.

2 Likes

Skipped my midday shake because we went on a 2 hour nature hike. Famished when I got home, so whipped up this big ol bowl of yum. Threw in some spices and hot sauce….under 400 calories, filling, and so good.

4 Likes

3 days in… the last two days I forgot my midday shake and flameout because of always being busy… I’m wondering if there’s any detriment to that…I have been looking forward to, hungry for, and enjoying my dinner every day, and have kept them whole food, and under 400 calories. Have only had two or three “super hungry” moments, mostly because of the amount of time between lunch and dinner, and missing the midday shake, which I just rode out.
I wonder if there is a particular reason why the whole food meal is dinner vs lunch? My biggest meal when I’m doing my own thing is always lunch, and I’m very rarely very hungry after 4, other than a light snack before bed, which I’m sure the nighttime shake would be sufficient for. I’m curious if there is nutrient/food timing thing that’s important, or if I can swap my whole food meal to lunch next week, and see if that works better.
Either way, I’m Down 2.2 pounds. Will remeasure and photograph next weekend, with a full week under my (hopefully looser) belt.
Also, I’m going to a Memorial Day party at an Uncle’s house tomorrow. I plan on keeping the portions as prescribed, but am waffling about having something sweet, as well. Feel free to weigh in on opinions there, if you have them.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

4 Likes

Great work! Swapping the meal to lunch has been totally fine in my loss journey. Don’t see a problem there.

I’m in my final week and have figured out a few great sweet treats. My current favorite is “cookie dough”. One scoop of Metabolic Drive, 13 grams of peanut butter powder, 14 grams of Lily’s chocolate chips, a drop of vanilla, and very little liquid to bring it to the right consistency (I use oat milk). 220 calories, 28g protein, 6g fat, 16g carbs. I replace my night shake with it.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to try that; it sounds great. Thanks!’

Another vote for eat that solid meal whenever you want. It works best for dinner for a lot of folks because it can help you sleep and it gives you something to look forward to all day (“I can suck this up because dinner is coming”). If you can better be compliant with different timing, go for it.

I love seeing the little tricks that work for folks.

1 Like

Day 5 in the books… does anyone else just miss actually chewing food? Nutri bullet came in, and the consistency of the blended shake is much better. Been consistently walking, and got another leg day in yesterday (TKE with my leg curls=$$.) looking forward to pull day tomorrow…weight is stalled, and I’m hungry more often than not and just drinking lots to make up for it (partially my fault for not figuring out how to squeeze in that midday shake.) but determined to trust the process, and keep everything as programmed for at least 2 weeks, and see what happens.

3 Likes

You got this!

So grateful for your suggestions; lifted per usual but also did 8x100 m striders on the track infield today, while my son was at swim practice. I can’t remember the last time I felt more “me” in recent history. I missed everything about it: the warm-up, cool down, feel and smell of the rubber while stretching; literally everything… provided my knees aren’t swollen tomorrow, some speed work will be in regular rotation. Brilliant suggestion!

4 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

Day 7, at work and on call the next 3 days… only got in 1 shake and flameout, the superfood, in baby sips throughout the day, and ate my HSM for lunch. Hoping to be able to get at least 1 more shake in tonight before trying to sleep. Also hoping to sleep before the start of tomorrow’s shift, lol. Super curious how the next few days will go, as some of my biggest eating challenges are around not sleeping, working sometimes over 20 hours straight, and not getting adequate opportunities to eat and drink while working. At least I was too busy to feel hungry today.

3 Likes

Hang in there! I think you really should try to force some of those shakes down (during a bathroom break or whatever) so you don’t get over-hungry at the end of those crazy long shifts… we know that’s a tough situation to face!
Good luck!

One of the worst side effects of this plan, so far…increased frequency of Kelis breakouts, complete with early 2000’s dance moves. My children are scarred. My husband is either going to commit me, or come home with a stack of ones.
“Milkshake!”

3 Likes

Day 7… not hungry. At all. Even with what should have been a cortisol driven carb crave day, as I had about 2 hours of sleep before I got called in the middle of the night for a stat c section. Sitting by a big huge birthday cake at work, drinking a shake, and literally don’t even want a taste of cake. This is a big deal for me.

2 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

Day 8 (week 1 recap) followed program to the letter with the exception of not worrying about calories on my HSM for Memorial Day, while still keeping it reasonable: ditched the buns on the hot dog and hamburger, small portions of starchy sides, fresh fruit and 1 cookie, no booze. Also had 1 kids popcorn (no added junk) when I took the kids to the movies later in the week, but dropped my carb off my HSM that evening. Did struggle to get all my shakes in; going to make a concerted effort to get all 4, or at least 3 in every day. Really love the superfood drink. That’s a permanent daily beverage for me now. Feel like I’m settling into a groove, and not craving crap, which is nice. I lost 1 inch on the high chest measurement, and a half an inch on all the abdominal measurements, which is a solid W, for only 7 days in. Weight went down two, up three, and back down a half pound, (for a net of about .5 down) but I’m not too concerned there, because I know from past experience that I tend to regain muscle and strength readily after a break on training, so the scale always goes up a few pounds first, and also because… monthly woman stuff. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

2 Likes

I am going to make best effort to get the shakes in at work, but it won’t be easy. Obstacles include that there is only about 15 minutes between each surgery, during which time I have to help break down the previous surgery, set up for the next surgery, plus attend to any eat/drink/pee needs I may have. Lunch breaks, if I get one, are 30 minutes long, and not guaranteed, regardless of length of shift. ice and water for the department are on pre-op, and I’m strictly an OR girl, so there’s travel time associated with making a shake at work. Another consideration is that I also can’t pee at all for the duration of the next surgery. Lastly, our break room’s fridge is very small, and there’s usually lunch for 35+ people crammed in there…my thinking is that I get 2-3 single serving water bottles, and bring pre-made shakes. Then just cram ‘em into the fridge somewhere, and sip in between cases. That’s going to be my plan for work next week, anyway, and I’ll re-assess from there. Fortunately, I only work 2-4 days a week, so the rest of the days are very easy to be compliant with.

2 Likes