Starting My Next Blast

Heal up quick man! Looking lean

Thank you brother. I knocked out 2 miles on the treadmill Wednesday night. Going back to the gym tonight see what I can do. With the New Year’s resolution folks it’s pretty crowded around there.

1 Like

January’s over today so it should be back to normal! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Been doing cardio and one arm stuff. Even did one arm lat pull downs and chest flyes. I’m sure I looked strange but it feels good to move.

Weight is hanging steady at 190

1 Like

Keep after it. Training the non recovering side will actually significantly slow/prevent atrophy in the recovering side

That’s the plan brother. Sunday was a good day, gym was slow.

Looks like your contest prep is going great!

1 Like

Getting closer. I’m hitting a mental wall though. Think I started too early. Hey… you live, you learn though. I gave myself 16 weeks and think I should have probably done 12

Understood. I had a close friend who was a competitive BBer and his prep was really difficult for him as it got closer. Hang in there brother. Are you allowing yourself any cheat days? Something to help you get over the bad days?

1 Like

I might allow one more in the next week or so, but nothing I’m the four weeks leading up… and it will definately be a cheat meal, not a day lol. I’m gonna email you about metformin as well. Hope you have a good week bro

@studhammer somewhere in this 350 post thread you talked about metformin. Can I ask how much you take? I just got my order in from india they are 500mg pills.

1 Like

Yep, mine are from India too. Also 500 mg. I started taking just 500 to begin and only in the morning. Doc physio suggested taking them twice daily due to half-life so now I take 1000 mg/day morning and night.

1 Like

Thanks
So no front loading just one a breakfast and one at bedtime?

that’s what I did/do

1 Like

Thank you. I hope you don’t mind me posting these questions in your thread. I did not think the topic was big enough to start my own thread. If I could ask one more question I promise I will stop.

Is there a blood parameter we should watch to see if metformin is working or if we should adjust the dose? I was thinking maybe Glucose, Serum? A1C?

Not at all. Keep firing.

I think either or both might give us an idea if its working.

Hea studhammer how is the rehab/physical therapy going? Shoulder feeling any better?

Feeling great. Thank you for asking. Actually I’m a pretty bad patient. Probably doing a lot more than I should. I get released by the doctor this week and I will be free of my brace

I’ve noticed a significant decrease in my shoulder Circumference since I’ve had the surgery. I’m pretty much losing muscle mass everywhere except my legs because I really can’t work upper body. I am doing one arm cable work but it’s not very heavy

Remember you have muscle memory on your side. Don’t reinjure it by being impatient.
That would only set you back. It’s good to hear the brace is coming off.
I wish we had a bodybuilding physical therapists that offered advice here.
One who would really know how to heal and strengthen a joint.

Thanks. I’ve got a pretty tough PT and he’s always asking if I’m behaving :joy:. It’s hard to lie to him! :joy:

If he knows his business and is not seeing muscle atrophy he probably already knows. Just be careful. Now that I am done with my 6 month checkup and donated a pint I started my Spring blast.
I had to end my last one early do to HCT and ferritin issues thats behind me as well. I hope to stay cut and grow without any bulking I hate loosing site of my abs.
You probably should be planning your next one as well. You getting one lined up?