Starting My Next Blast

It’s primarily animal models, I wouldn’t recommend using nandrolone post surgery

Waiting for the results to come out but here men are being given 24 mg of oxandrolone/day to see if it helps speed up the process of healing associated with RC tears

I’d advise not using anabolics post surgery though, stick to the Cruise dose of test, train the other side of you’re body like physio suggested. With 250mg/wk you should maintain muscle mass nicely.

1 Like

@physioLojik and @unreal24278, thank you guys for the responses.

Doc, what are you thoughts about me doing cardio during my recovery time? One armed workouts may prove difficult but I’m sure I can do something. I also plan on at least doing leg workouts on the machines since I can’t really load plates.

One arm DB fly/BP (if you’re shoulder can take it), one arm lat raise, front raise, rear delts fly on machine with one arm. Cable pushdown, one arm cable crossover many others come to mind.

I know this sucks hardcore, I remember when i’d just gotten back to Aus, had no friends or anything and I broke my ankle and required surgery, couldn’t walk properly for about 12 months, and I still can’t run/ do a lot of cardio aside from cycling/swimming because I’ll get burning around the ankle with all the screws in it. (Salter Harris type 3 fracture with SIGNIFICANT displacement because I was unaware the ankle was broke and thus walked and kept attempting to run on it (and in the process fell flat on my face in a two occasions, also fractured my tibia in the process of that ankle break), I even got on a plane with the broken ankle #bloodclotrisk. Anyhow you’ll get through it, I find solace in music when I’m feeling down. What kind of music do you like, for situations like this I find passive aggressive post-hardcore works for me really well.

Not a well known band, but this is a good one for me if I feel not so great. It’s not exactly mainstream but it isn’t heavy or anything.

Other good songs for this kind of situation (at least I think) there’s an odd cathartic…ness from listening to sad music.

1 Like

@studhammer yes you need to stay active.

1 Like

Home from surgery, still pain free from the nerve block. Today is still good, on pain meds. Sleeping in this thing is gonna be a bitch :joy::joy:

@physioLojik @alldayeveryday @unreal24278 @hrdlvn

1 Like

Alright nice to hear the surgery went well. Here’s hoping for a fast recovery.

1 Like

Hoping for a fast recovery boss.

1 Like

@studhammer postive vibes man! Keep the proteins and fats high!

Brother, you must be psychic! I ate a 1/2 lb of smoked brisket with fat cap last nite!! So good.

Best wishes! Keep rockin’, mate!

I know what it’s like to spend a couple months in bed with two broken legs. The relief when you can first turn on your side is magic, though! :smile:

All the experts I met confirmed that your basic physical condition plus your mentality mean a hell lot in the recovery. Both of these are top notch with you.

Thank you brother! I’m feeling great and basically no pain. Wife has been awesome too. Puts my damn clothes on every morning and will for 6 weeks more

Glad to hear everything went well. Godspeed in recovery. You’ll be back at it in no time!

@studhammer I hope that the recovery goes well, and that your wife makes a fuss of you.

Incidentally, there is evidence that exercising one side of the body will preserve strength in the other.

2 Likes

Thank you!! I definitely plan on doing legs and whatever I can during my downtime.

Bandages come off today at home . Will be more comfortable to say the least. Sure hasn’t affected my appetite yet :grin:

Wish you all the best recovery wise

Eat food, work out, listen to angsty, emotional music, It all helps

Thank you little brother! How are you doing? Any changes since turning 18?

@Graemsay yes I brought this up to him before. Great link.

Neurological crossover is legit.

2 Likes

Na, besides the fact I’m able to go to metal concerts now I think everything’s relatively the same.

1 Like

My work clothes for the next 6 weeks! :joy::joy:

Track pants and a T shirt.

When I told my boss I can’t wear anything with a zipper or that needed to be tucked in, he gave me a dress code waiver.

2 Likes

Speedy recovery man! Nothing beats being comfortable at work.