Starting Max's

I have been lifting for a couple of years now but I have only recently started taking it seriously in about the last six months and I recently figured out my maxs and was wondering how they stacked up against other people of my age/stature/weight/etc. I have always been told I am strong for my size but I was hoping you all could help me know my place on the proverbial strength curve. feedback is appreciated.

I am currently 17, 164 lbs. (on a good day)
bench-195
Squat-255
deadlift-310
row-185

Why not worry about getting yourself stronger for now and worry about other people later? If I worried about where I stood in relation to every person in my gym then I would never make any progress. There will always be somebody stronger, just work towards being that guy.

[quote]jdobs56 wrote:
I have been lifting for a couple of years now but I have only recently started taking it seriously in about the last six months and I recently figured out my maxs and was wondering how they stacked up against other people of my age/stature/weight/etc. I have always been told I am strong for my size but I was hoping you all could help me know my place on the proverbial strength curve. feedback is appreciated.

bench-195
Squat-255
deadlift-310
row-185[/quote]

Everyone wants to know the answer to this question… hell I’ve wanted to ask it a couple time. Problem is there is no set numbers, don’t worry about where everyone else is, just work to improve yourself. You’re young and training, keep it up and you will get stronger.

[quote]jdobs56 wrote:

bench-195
Squat-255
deadlift-310
row-185[/quote]

You need to read this: http://www.elitefts.com/documents/science_of_winning.htm

All you need to worry about is getting yourself better. You will be much happier AND stronger that way.

[quote]jdobs56 wrote:

bench-195
Squat-255
deadlift-310
row-185[/quote]

For what it is worth, all my stats are less than yours. I, like you lifted for years and started getting serious about 5 months ago. During that 5 months I have improves greatly and have dropped two pants sizes. I never even bother to read other peoples stats. It is just me against me.

[quote]jdobs56 wrote:

bench-195
Squat-255
deadlift-310
row-185[/quote]

check this out…

http://www.rawpowerlifting.com/pdf/RAWClassificationStandards.pdf

looks like your total is 760 so if you could do these numbers at a competition,you’d be a class 4 Powerlifter.

Dude even if you were the world record holder in say the squat, your 1 meet away from being #2. Don’t sweat it. There are a shit load of dudes stronger than you and you are stronger than a shit load of dudes. Just be stronger next week or month than you are today.

if you do things right, youll have a long time of lifting ahead of you. dont worry if your numbers arent blowing anyone away right now. lift, eat, rest, repeat. by age 25 youll be built like a brick shithouse and strong as an ox.

dont know what routine youre doing, but here are some good ones for you:
5/3/1
WS4SB
starting strength
5x5

and eat lots of good, whole food. beef, chicken, fish, eggs, milk, potatos, dark breads, rice, vegs, fruits, etc etc. youll be good to go

Thank you all for your responses and to dez im actually starting 5/3/1 this week so hopefully ill see good results from that

just eat a lot and smash heavy iron

Well, here are my current stats after lifting for 1 year, my bodyweight is usually between 160-165lbs most of the time:

bench 230lbs, paused rep
squat 315lbs, belt/wraps
deadlift 355lbs, belt

done at 160lbs bodyweight. It’s by no means impressive, I’m definitely still a newbie in the sport. I dunno, your stats seem pretty normal.

For me my goals are a 2x bodyweight bench specifically, but for now I just want everything to go up. I’m starting to learn now that I won’t really know how strong I am until after 5-8 years of hard training. Hope that helps a bit.