Starting HRT at 24

i had posted my questions on the steroids forum, and i was directed to this area for a better response.

i’m 24,and my test levels are below normal. 243 and 251 on two seperate occasions, after 8 solid hours sleep and testing in the morning. i dont have any ed, but i do get emotional at times, which is really pissing me off. my mood goes from happy to sad to pissed with for no apparent reason. i even thought i might be bi-polar, but they tested for that. i’m retaining allot of bf even with a strict diet, and my libido has decreased but not gone. i have also been having a hell of a time putting on ANY mass beyond my first year(s) gains. that is what initialy led me to believe my t levels were in fact low.then i started to read about the supposed increase in the mortality rate for men with abnormally low t-levels and i decided to get tested. that was about 5 months ago. after much drama and bullshit, i’m finally in the home stretch that seemed to have eluded me.

i am supposed to meet with the doctor when the “paper i need” comes in to discuss my options. since i have not done as much research as i would like since finding out about it, i need a bit of a crash course on what to expect and what to request to make this as smooth as possible. i am having a hard time getting anybody to take me serious, since i am “too young to be having this problem”. i had to go through multiple doctors, forge my blood test request to include t-levels because the doctor told me i just wanted to take steroids, and now i have to lie to them and say i cant get an erection just for them to help me.

i have seen that everybody is talking about using an AI in conjuntion to the test, is this prescribed by the doctor and can i request it? is there anything you wish you would have done during the begining looking back? also, i’m pretty stressed(as is my finacee) about losing my ability to have kids. any suggestions on this would be great. thanks a bunch for your help, everything is moving a little fast now and i dont want to screw anything up…like having no scrotum or pea sized nuts. how’s my girl gonna deal with that?

[quote]mazilla wrote:
i had posted my questions on the steroids forum, and i was directed to this area for a better response.

i’m 24,and my test levels are below normal. 243 and 251 on two seperate occasions, after 8 solid hours sleep and testing in the morning. i dont have any ed, but i do get emotional at times, which is really pissing me off. my mood goes from happy to sad to pissed with for no apparent reason. i even thought i might be bi-polar, but they tested for that. i’m retaining allot of bf even with a strict diet, and my libido has decreased but not gone. i have also been having a hell of a time putting on ANY mass beyond my first year(s) gains. that is what initialy led me to believe my t levels were in fact low.then i started to read about the supposed increase in the mortality rate for men with abnormally low t-levels and i decided to get tested. that was about 5 months ago. after much drama and bullshit, i’m finally in the home stretch that seemed to have eluded me.

i am supposed to meet with the doctor when the “paper i need” comes in to discuss my options. since i have not done as much research as i would like since finding out about it, i need a bit of a crash course on what to expect and what to request to make this as smooth as possible. i am having a hard time getting anybody to take me serious, since i am “too young to be having this problem”. i had to go through multiple doctors, forge my blood test request to include t-levels because the doctor told me i just wanted to take steroids, and now i have to lie to them and say i cant get an erection just for them to help me.

i have seen that everybody is talking about using an AI in conjuntion to the test, is this prescribed by the doctor and can i request it? is there anything you wish you would have done during the begining looking back? also, i’m pretty stressed(as is my finacee) about losing my ability to have kids. any suggestions on this would be great. thanks a bunch for your help, everything is moving a little fast now and i dont want to screw anything up…like having no scrotum or pea sized nuts. how’s my girl gonna deal with that?[/quote]

You’ve got alot to learn. Start reading.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=899116

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1147892

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=824365

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1135091

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1309859

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1200966

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1313567

You don’t have to worry about your nuttz shrinking because HCG will stop that from happening.

Your doc will perscribe an AI, but you don’t need whatever he wants to give you because it will be to expensive. Your better off getting your AI online from the site I PM’ed you.

Good Luck

thanks for the links. any word on the children thing? also, they let you inject yourself at home? i was under the impression i had to go to the doc forever, that would be great if i didnt he’s pretty far away.

how/where do you pick up your test? he has already told me that the injections are the only form covered by my insurance, but i prefer that anyways. it also apprears to be the preference of most here too. thanks again for the info

[quote]mazilla wrote:
thanks for the links. any word on the children thing? also, they let you inject yourself at home? i was under the impression i had to go to the doc forever, that would be great if i didn’t he’s pretty far away.

how/where do you pick up your test? he has already told me that the injections are the only form covered by my insurance, but i prefer that anyways. it also appears to be the preference of most here too. thanks again for the info[/quote]

Test is a controlled substance that you will have to get from a pharmacy. You still need to find out if your insurance will cover HCG and AI (arimidex/anastrozole), but as stated above, there are sources for AI that are cheaper than a co-pay. Good to have the script in your file (at home). One of the links above probably covers self injection. Millions do this. You need script that included the needles.

Some doctors do not prescribe HCG or AI, out of ignorance or some other personality defects. Lots to learn and you need to understand what your doc will and will not do.

This will likely be a life-long treatment for you. I think of it the same as I think of thyroid supplementation…sometimes you glands just don’t funtion at 100% and you do what is necessary to correct the situation. However neddles are always an embarrassment to explain, especially when travelling. I would try Androgel first. It works great for me and many others.

Hey mazilla - While I am not on HRT I have been on thyroid meds for around 8 years and had many similar symptoms. I lost around 30 pounds and my strength and muscularity were abysmal, libido issues and many more besides - lost my “mojo” and felt like a little girl. Finally got on the meds and it really helped to turn things around.

I know right now it can be really rough to try and cope with it all - but just take one day at a time (sorry for the cliche) and one step at a time. Help the doctors to help you by helping yourself - do all the research you can - read a book called “The Schwarzbien Principle” - Dr. Schwarzbien is an endocrinologist and explains how hormones get messed up and some things you can do that might help.

I was able to reduce my meds from 30mg/day to 10mg/day by eating/living better and I hope one day to eliminate them entirely. Don’t worry about all the rest right now - just get your health back and the rest will fall into place - you still have lots of years to have children. Come here when you need support.

The main thing is to educate yourself and that is going to take some work. The same compounds used in HRT are often used by bodybuilders for adding muscle mass so you can get a lot of basic info from places like Mesomorphosis.

Let’s be clear about this… you’re messing about with your health in a very serious way so you’d be foolish to blindly trust anyone (doctors included) to make your decisions for you.

Personally, I wouldn’t be comfortable accepting what my doctor told me unless I already knew enough to design my own HRT regimen from scratch. The information is out there if you look for it.

good lookin out everybody, i appreciate it. i’ve been reading all i can in between all this work and travel bullshit. thanks allot for all the help, google here i come.