Starting from the Bottom. Opinions Needed

Definitely appears to be an improvement. Has your bodyweight changed much?

1 Like

Good progress, keep it up.

Presumably gone down at least one dress size?
To monitor changes could start taking waist measurement once a fortnight( same time of day, one best/sucked in, one relaxed)

Thank you! Im so excited. Totally cut out sugar, junk food, amd lots of bread. Lots of 50lb bag carrying and competitive horse riding. I got bands, havent been able to use them as much as wanted.

Not sure since I do not currently own a scale. Its on the list of things to get though for sure. I can tell in my clothing that I have lost some, just not sure on excact weight.

My pants for sure have gone down one size, and my shirts have gone from a large to a definite medium. And i’ll try the tapeing!

this is a great start. Ride that out for as long as you can (potential horse related pun there?), and then once the weight loss slows (which it inevitably will do, I’m sorry to say) you can start getting scientific in terms of calories, protein intake, etc.

Great progress so far. Well done!

Good job on your progress so far!

Exactly this ^

There’s no need to worry about all of the finer details if you haven’t yet dropped all of the obvious junk from your diet. If you do that you will probably continue to lose fat without tinkering with calories/macros etc.

I would however recommend keeping a food log to start with so that you can start to understand exactly what and how much you’re eating on a day to day basis. The more you know the easier it will be to make tweaks to your diet when necessary.

As Yogi1 says the fat loss will slow/halt at some point. It’s only then you should look at adding in more cardio or reducing calories. If you start with massive calorie cuts and overdoing the cardio or conditioning you’ll run out of additional fat loss ‘tools’ to use even before you’ve reached your target weight/body fat %

So I weighed myself the other day, and I can describe how disappointed I am. I’ve lost approximately 3lbs… I can see change and I have lost inches, but why am I still so heavy? I know that I am building some muscle, but is this going to keep me from loosing the weight? Im 5’6.5 and 172lbs for reference. Which is a BMI of 27.3. I cant describe just how disappointed I am right now. I’ve been attepting to take as much information from all of you wonderful people also. This summer i will be 100% on all of yalls tips, but for the moment im unfortunately to busy. But im trying as much as I can. I get to sleep terribly late due to school, could this be a factor? Any help would be great!!!

You wrote earlier that your pant-size has dropped by one size and that your shirts have gone from a large to a medium. These, if they still hold true today, are significantly more important than what the scale weight tells you in terms of progress.

In other words, the scale is a deceptive way to gauge progress in terms of getting leaner, and that’s really what you should be focusing on. You are, after all, looking to drop bf.

Think in terms of getting leaner. If that is your focus, then dropping entire shirt sizes is a good indication of progress.

3 Likes

Just keep plodding along :slight_smile:

Scales can be deceptive… clothes, strength gains and pics are way better imo

if you’re satisfied with the results you’re seeing and the inches you’re losing, you should ask yourself why you care what the scale says you weigh. Is your ultimate goal to be healthier and have a more aesthetic appearance, or is your goal to be able stand on a scale and see a particular number when you do? Just consider what it is you really value. If you hadn’t stepped on a scale, would you be happy with your progress right now? Why did stepping on a scale alter your level of satisfaction?

1 Like

Update.
Been jogging miles almost everyday, cleaning up my diet, and following many many of the rules and tips you all have given me. Weight hasnt changed, but I can feel it. What do you all think? See any change?

I think I can see a change. What rules/tips have you been following to this point? what have you done right, and what do you think you’ve done less right?

BMI is bullshit for pretty much anyone active/ holding a decent amount of muscle

Like I said before go with waist measurement or even calipers-something specific and tangible that will give you a clear picture of your progress.

Believe it or not your feelings as a young female might “fluctuate” from time to time and not always give a consisten picture :joy::sunglasses:

1 Like

Your arms look leaner. Unfortunately we can’t decide where the fat comes off 1st on our bodies.

Hopefully you are enjoying the journey of improving yourself. That makes the positive body changes a bonus rather than the single fixated goal.

1 Like