Starting Daily Injections

You have to find out which thyroid medicine you respond to best, not all brands will yield good results.

You need to seek out our forum endo (physioLojik) for advice, he’s way more knowledgeable than myself in thyroid matters.

He’ll know exactly what you should do.

1 Like

Yes and it actually started to fix me day 1 pill 1. Within an hour or two my fatigue started to disappear and I had a smile on my face. A couple weeks or days later I started to notice some of the T benefits.

Check it out. Can’t hurt. I am on 60mg x 2 daily . One in AM and one in PM. My tsh was 5.5 (around there). There are men and woman whose tsh is fine yet they need thyroid help.

Does cholesterol (HDL) play into this at all? Would high vs low affect TRT responsiveness at all?

No T is made from cholesterol and those of us on TRT don’t need it to make T anymore.

This has to be really flustrating. There is a good chance TRT is not going to be your fix all. You have been at this enough that you probably know you need to start looking else where as well has keeping up with your T injections. Whatever is causing your issues having your hormones at a proper level can only help.

Have you reviewed all the meds, supplements and even the food you eat? Their side effects, etc. Something as simple as zantac for heartburn can really mess you up if you take it to long.

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve scoured everything. Diet, sleep, supps, etc.

My plan is to continue on daily shots for a few more weeks and get bloods. Then rethink things. Potentially going back to a higher dose of once per week shots or e3d. All at higher doses w some arimidex.

One odd thing was my pre trt bloods showed very low prolactin. I’ve read low prolactin can cause low sex drive, but there isn’t much research as to how to increase it or what causes it to be low. I’ve had mri on pituitary as well.

I read buspar, which I am playing w at different doses can raise it.

I believe the higher dosage are showing better results because the high testosterone is compensating for your hypothyroidism indicated by high normal TSH.

I’m due for bloods soon. I will get another fsh done. If it’s still high I may push for a med.

Yes without at doubt. Cholesterol is needed to make pregnenolone and in turn quite a few different hormones needed by the body. Least of which is cortisol which you would die without. Have you had DHEA and pregnenolone checked?

I agree that you should optimize all hormones so they are balanced. Go ahead and get with that thyroid and see if that’s the problem.

There are two feel good hormones in the body. Testosterone and thyroid. If all hormones are at a good level you know your bodies getting what it needs. From there it’s just a matter of time. Older
Folks might have resistance issues and jsut need more T.

1 Like

Update:

I’ve been pretty steady at 10mg a day. I had let things go up a bit to 12-16mg a day.

At 10mg, I seem to be sleeping better. The difference is slight. But def noticing it.

Just had bloods yesterday. Testing: thyroid, test, tt, e2, prolactin, shbg, and some other items.

I’ve been on daily for about 6 weeks now and I still don’t feel any different than other protocols. Starting to wonder if the common denominator is that I am just needing higher doses to achieve a higher FT to feel something.

Keep you all posted with results in a few days.

2 Likes

I’m still here roscoe. Can’t wait for your blood report. Hoping for the best or at least a clue as to what to try next. how have you been feeling? Also congrats for sticking with this protocol I know it can be tough if you are feeling down.

1 Like

Maybe you don’t feal anything because using such a childish dosage. 30mg ED of cyp does the trick. Bring it on to caveman levels and feel it hit you!

I hear what you’re saying, but 210mg a week, daily, would send my e2 through the roof with my low shbg.

Dosing is dependant on individual biology, 10mg daily was way too much for me. Those who have low thyroid function or thyroid dysfunction will struggle to make TRT work, I would expect these guys with thyroid problems to only feel TRT at higher levels, but still struggle.

I should have blood results any day now.

SNEAK PRVIEW (only because I just have one test result)

E2: 20 (<29). This is somewhat interesting news. Usually my E2 runs in the 40s. Daily doses certainly brought it down at 14-16mg a day. And this explains my total lack of emotions lately.

I should have my complete test levels and other bloods soon. I’m guessing I will want to go something like 18-20mg a day to get that e2 up just a tad.

1 Like

Interesting results. I’m following your thread. Hoping you eventually find relief.

BLOOD RESULTS (14-16mg test/day)

TSH 1.36 mIU/L (0.40-4.50)
T4,Free 1.2ng/dL (0.8-1.8)
T3,Total 82ng/dL (76-181)
Testosterone, Total 766ng/dL (250-1100)
Testosterone,Free 134.8pg/mL (35.0-155.0)
Prolactin, Serum 7.7NG/ML (2.0-18.0)
Cortisol,Free,Serum 0.35μg/dL
Hematocrit 46.4 % (38.5-50.0)
Cholesterol,Total 169mg/dL (<200)
HDL Cholesterol 50mg/dL (>39)
Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 3.38 (<5.00)
LDL Chol,Calculated 94mg/dL (<100)
Triglyceride 124mg/dL (<150)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 28nmol/L (10-50)
Estradiol,Ultrasensitive,LC/MS 20pg/mL (< Or =29)

Overall really good numbers. My SHBG went up a bunch from 19. I think I have room to increase my daily shot to maybe 18 or 20mg a day as I’m still not feeling much effect from TRT, outside of strength and a bit better mental clarity.

Also happy my TSH when down.

Thoughts?

1 Like