Starting Daily Injections

10-14 a day seems ok to me. SL is one guy with one theory and not to many people in the know that back that theory.
Do some research on T cyps half life and how long it takes to reach steady state. I think you will find a 4mg variance means nothing in the big picture.

Since you have changed your protocol your hormones are going to be all over the place as your body trys to get back to a placce it wants to be. You need to wait it out and not try to treat these daily feeling unless you think they are life threatening.

Here again a mini blood test can give you piece of mind. The few numbers you need will probably cost you around 100 bucks. Google discountedlabs and buy just what you want to see and nothing else.

I can see how If one takes less some days and more others it can screw with your mood. 10 maybe is too low and 14 enough. I would just take the same amoun and see if that helps. It’s really not hard taking the same amount each day. The goals to be consistent and find your baseline. From there you can go higher here and there. Until then it’s obvious why your not stable emotionally :slight_smile:

12 days is nothing, 6 weeks will tell the tail. The fact that you even have erections is a positive sign, that’s progress.

Let’s do labs at 6-8 weeks and see where you are at, then make a decision on to carry on or increase the dosage, but if you act to soon you may lose yourself in an endless phase of constantly changing things up.

I believe it’s safe to save your version of optimal levels is plus or minus a few mgs.

Yeah I’ll ride it out and see where the numbers land.

Keep y’all posted.

1 Like

Day 15.

Not much to report. Still not really feeling TRT even on an ED protocol.

Starting to really lose hope and wonder if at some point I will just try to come off TRT and restart. However i’ll stay the course a bit longer. Just frustrated and losing hope.

You may just need to increase the dosage to 12mg, if you go back to an EOD protocol you know what waits for you, no libido.

1 Like

I bumped to between 12-14mg/day.

I do remember on my 300mg/every 2 week protocol getting some libido. Just wondering if I need supra levels to feel something.

Adding 2mg to your daily dosage is +14mg increase in your weekly dosage, that a respectable increase considering it recommended +10mg increase is common advice.

You may be underdosed is all.

I would start 12mg tomorrow, if you do notice a difference in about a week, you’ll know you’re headed in the right direction.

1 Like

So why not try a mega dose instead? I bet the small daily dosage is metabolized right away with such a low shbg. Do a blood test on this low daily dosage. Experiment in different ways until something works. Small, frequent injections don’t work for everyone. Regardless of low shbg.

My Dr. gives me 150mg/week.

If ED dosing doesn’t work out, I may try like a once a week 150mg dose. Or a 75mgE3D dose.

Daily dosing works to lower estrogen which is exactly what the OP needs. Daily dosing works for the great majority of low SHBG men. There’s no escaping the fact that T-Cyp cause spikes in testosterone and estrogen the bigger the dosage per injection.

OP has had erections, that’s a sign of progress in my book.

Daily dosing doesn’t allow for natural peaks and troughs. The human body is not used to flat constant testosterone levels. Clearly his protocol isn’t working. He needs to try every combination of protocols. Estrogen has a max upper limit. As long a T to E ratio is good he’ll be fine. Not everyone has estrogen sides. Back in my youth I injected even 500 mg TE a week with no AI. Only estrogen side effect i had was water retention.

Dude it’s only been 15 days into his daily protocol, you’re not helping and please don’t discourage him.

What part of TRT is natural?

1 Like

So he should just follow your advice that is custom tailored to your situation? Nah. He needs to hear differing points of view. He can do whatever he wants. Daily injections are the exception. Not the norm.

1 Like

You say not everyone gets high E2 sides, the OP does and it’s killing his erections and libido and has stated he’s had erections on this daily protocol you so badly want him to quit because as you say “it’s clearly not working out” and his levels aren’t even stable yet because he’s only on day 15.

This is a game of patience and those without patience are doomed to endlessly changing things up never really benefiting from TRT.

I appreciate you guys and your inputs.

I’m definitely staying the course with daily shots for now. I need to see how I feel at least 6 weeks out.

Thing is, I’ve been on some sort of TRT for appx 2 years now. From axiron to shots. Nothing has seemed to work. On higher levels I definitely get more musculature… and on lower levels more mental clarity.

It’s almost as if the “benefits” of TRT occur at differing levels of test.

I’ll keep you guys posted.

Did you ever check thyroid. I had labido from trt but nothing else until I started thyroid.

I had an inrange high TSH but dr said it was fine.

High TSH isn’t fine in the same way low normal testosterone isn’t fine, high TSH is indicating your pituitary gland isn’t happy with the amount of thyroid hormone. It’s no wonder you’re struggling and no matter what protocol you’re on nothing seems to help.

Are you aware of enackers situation, he had the same problem as you, no matter what the protocol was on, he felt nothing significant until he started thyroid treatment. Three weeks into thyroid treatment, bam he started responding strongly to TRT.

I thought by now you would be feeling good, others have reported feeling great on daily protocols after only a few days to a week, the fact they you’re not and admitting having a high normal TSH is quite a surprise, we know for a fact that doctors are saying low normal testosterone is fine, only we know better, you have a thyroid problem and is why no protocol seems to make much different.

You’re doctor will be unable to explain why you feel no better on TRT and only says your thyroid is fine because TSH is inrange, but high normal. Your doctors is clearly chasing numbers and not symptoms.

The evidence for a narrower thyrotropin reference range is compelling.

It has become clear that previously accepted reference ranges are no longer valid as a result of both the development of more highly sensitive TSH assays and the appreciation that reference populations previously considered normal were contaminated with individuals with various degrees of thyroid dysfunction that served to increase mean TSH levels for the group. Recent laboratory guidelines from the National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry indicate that more than 95% of normal individuals have TSH levels below 2.5 mU/liter. The remainder with higher values are outliers, most of whom are likely to have underlying Hashimoto thyroiditis or other causes of elevated TSH.

[Reference ranges for TSH and thyroid hormones]
(Reference ranges for TSH and thyroid hormones - PMC)

There is also an argument that significant number of patients (up to 30%) with TSH above 3.0 mU/L have an occult autoimmune thyroid disease

My dr specializes somewhat in thyroid. He said it was ok. I wouldn’t mind trying some armpit just to see if I respond.