T Nation

Starting Creatine on Off Day?

Just got my Biotest creatine malate in the mail. I’m looking to start taking it today with SR pre/during my training. ONly thing is I just started reading about all the side effeects some people are experiencing with creatine. Should I wait to try it out on an off day?

I don’t want my training session to be halted cause of severe cramps or explosive diahrrea or antything haha. If I could get an answer soon that would be great. If no I guess I’ll have to make a last second decidion and hope for the best. I know the side effects don’t hit everyone

If you’re worried, wait. Only a minority has issues with creatine malate, and even fewer have serious issues, so it’s not very likely you’ll have a problem, but if taking creatine now makes you all nervous during training, that will take away from the session.

B.

Don’t be a pussy just do it…JK but honestly, I bought the same stuff, took my aminos, put it in a carb filled drink, drank lots of water throughout the day…didnt see shit. Didnt FEEL anything so creatine doesn’t work for everyone. Yes i did have cramps but i am also only 17 (was 16 at the time) im young, supplements barley do shit for me. any reason why you’re taking it?

Just take a 5 gram dose FFS.

If it gives you bowel trouble get yourself checked out for IBS or take a hard look at your diet because something is wrong.

…not to down on Biotest, but why use Creatine Malate when the monohydrate is the type that has had…oh, a million studies done on it?

I took it and i was fine. I mixed a blender bottle and also used Surge Recovery. It ended up being 1/4 liquid and 3/4 foam that didn’t go down until like 2 hours later. I was pissed. Also made me not feel too great but I’m pretty sure it was because the solution was so concentrated cause of the little amount of liquid.

[quote]Jaycuts wrote:
Don’t be a pussy just do it…JK but honestly, I bought the same stuff, took my aminos, put it in a carb filled drink, drank lots of water throughout the day…didnt see shit. Didnt FEEL anything so creatine doesn’t work for everyone. Yes i did have cramps but i am also only 17 (was 16 at the time) im young, supplements barley do shit for me. any reason why you’re taking it?[/quote]

You wont ‘feel’ anything from only one day. It will take about a week (taking everyday) before you notice some water weight and effects.

Though, personally when using it years ago at age 18 my acne worsened with it and I discarded it’s use until later.

[quote]bulkNcut wrote:
I took it and i was fine. I mixed a blender bottle and also used Surge Recovery. It ended up being 1/4 liquid and 3/4 foam that didn’t go down until like 2 hours later. I was pissed. Also made me not feel too great but I’m pretty sure it was because the solution was so concentrated cause of the little amount of liquid. [/quote]

Some protein and creatine-combos foam up. Im not sure what is reacting in the solution…
You can consider adding the creatine after blending, or take it separetly first. You only need like a cup of water to down 5g creatine

Yeah I might just take it seperately first. I added it after I mixed up the Surge. The Surge foamed but went down, then I added the creatine and shook and it was a disaster. Haha you should have seen the looks I got in the gym with my hands covered in foam at the sink. One of the bodybuilders was like “are those bubbles?” I wanted to laugh so fucking hard

[quote]NikH wrote:

You wont ‘feel’ anything from only one day. It will take about a week (taking everyday) before you notice some water weight and effects.

Though, personally when using it years ago at age 18 my acne worsened with it and I discarded it’s use until later.[/quote]

Never in that statement did i say i only took it for one day…i said “throughout the day” but creatine is over-hyped.

my bad. I thought “throughout the day” meant you take it once in a while during one day.

[quote]Jaycuts wrote:
…but creatine is over-hyped.[/quote]
Yeah, totally. It’s not like it’s scientifically proven to work in countless studies and costs about 12 cents a day.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]Jaycuts wrote:
…but creatine is over-hyped.[/quote]
Yeah, totally. It’s not like it’s scientifically proven to work in countless studies and costs about 12 cents a day.

[/quote]

Shit, I always lift more when my muscles have plenty of creatine for fuel. I must be doing it wrong.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]Jaycuts wrote:
…but creatine is over-hyped.[/quote]
Yeah, totally. It’s not like it’s scientifically proven to work in countless studies and costs about 12 cents a day.

[/quote]

Yeah my bad. I didnt mean in the way of like…how effective it works. you’re right, though. I mean’t as in all these companies are like “THIS CREATINE IS BETTER THEN EXAMPLE B AND C” when really, its all creatine. Yes they do serve little of a differnet property but they almost all do the same fucking thing. Beside kre-akalyne, creatine is the same to me :slight_smile:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]Jaycuts wrote:
…but creatine is over-hyped.[/quote]
Yeah, totally. It’s not like it’s scientifically proven to work in countless studies and costs about 12 cents a day.

[/quote]

Shit, I always lift more when my muscles have plenty of creatine for fuel. I must be doing it wrong.[/quote]

Btw, my health teacher argued with me in 10th grade that all creatine is, is a water soulble and that you just piss out and is a waste of money…now, if you take it with carb meal or drink and it gets into youre muscles… i told him if what hes saying is true, youre pissing out youre muscles? :wink: me getting kicked out was worth it, though. please clarify.

[quote]Jaycuts wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]Jaycuts wrote:
…but creatine is over-hyped.[/quote]
Yeah, totally. It’s not like it’s scientifically proven to work in countless studies and costs about 12 cents a day.

[/quote]

Shit, I always lift more when my muscles have plenty of creatine for fuel. I must be doing it wrong.[/quote]

Btw, my health teacher argued with me in 10th grade that all creatine is, is a water soulble and that you just piss out and is a waste of money…now, if you take it with carb meal or drink and it gets into youre muscles… i told him if what hes saying is true, youre pissing out youre muscles? :wink: me getting kicked out was worth it, though. please clarify.[/quote]

I don’t think a 10th grade health teacher will have up to date or any information on a lot of strength related supplements. I even had a doctor tell me that glutamine will cause my kidneys to fail.

Creatine is one of the few proven strength supplements. Almost everyone that lifts will benefit from taking it. You will never “feel it” or anything like that. You don’t “feel it” when glucose goes into your muscles after eating brown rice, do you? I got caught up in that type of thinking when I was younger and thought creatine was some magic supplement. If you want to “feel” something, I’m sure drinking a spike while running a test/tren cycle will give you that result.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Jaycuts wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]Jaycuts wrote:
…but creatine is over-hyped.[/quote]
Yeah, totally. It’s not like it’s scientifically proven to work in countless studies and costs about 12 cents a day.

[/quote]

Shit, I always lift more when my muscles have plenty of creatine for fuel. I must be doing it wrong.[/quote]

Btw, my health teacher argued with me in 10th grade that all creatine is, is a water soulble and that you just piss out and is a waste of money…now, if you take it with carb meal or drink and it gets into youre muscles… i told him if what hes saying is true, youre pissing out youre muscles? :wink: me getting kicked out was worth it, though. please clarify.[/quote]

I don’t think a 10th grade health teacher will have up to date or any information on a lot of strength related supplements. I even had a doctor tell me that glutamine will cause my kidneys to fail.

Creatine is one of the few proven strength supplements. Almost everyone that lifts will benefit from taking it. You will never “feel it” or anything like that. You don’t “feel it” when glucose goes into your muscles after eating brown rice, do you? I got caught up in that type of thinking when I was younger and thought creatine was some magic supplement. If you want to “feel” something, I’m sure drinking a spike while running a test/tren cycle will give you that result. [/quote]

LMAO failing kidneys…but you’re right. Im taking carnivore and that has creatine in it…but im only taking it for the shear fact that its beef protein. Do you think adding salt is a good way to put on water weight? even though it seems un healthy as fuck. I saw it in some video posted here. But im asking this because, when i lift, i dont sweat, and when i dont sweat, i get itchy as all hell because my pores are very dry. And my skin starts to rash. So my doctor said to start drinking more water but hes an idiot and idk why i go to him he might as well work at gnc.