T Nation

Starting Back After a Month Off

To say 2003 has been a tough year for me would be an understatement. I won’t get into details, but let’s just say this year has been both mentally and physically taxing on me. Because of this added stress, I haven’t had the desire to work out like I normally do. I’ve tried to keep my nutrition in decent shape, but have slacked off in that aspect too.
Through talking with various people my stress has subsided and I’m ready to get back into the gym.
My question is, how or what should I do when I go back. Should I concentrate on getting my strength back or should I focus on re-capturing the size that I lost during my month hiatus?
I’d love to hear what programs other people who took time off did when they re-entered the gym.
I’m 6-1, 180 (lost close to 5 pounds this month) and bodyfat is around 11-12%. Thanks in advance for any/all suggestions.

Although I am not in the same predicament as you in taking time off from the gym (shame on you…haha), I do know that OVT from Christian Thibadeaux is popular right now. I am actually doing it right now. Check into his forum (Lair of the Ice Dog)…and look for the OVT Thread. Good luck.

Yeah, I was looking into trying OVT before my layoff. I think I’m going to give it a shot. Thanks.