T Nation

Starting an Oil Refinery

A few of my boys and I are considering starting one of those oil refineries like Exxon, Shell, or BP and all that other jazz. Figuring that oil will be booming for a few more years at least, why not throw our rocks in the pond?

We've done a little reading and found some oil reserves.

So what's the best?

Anyone have any experience with this kinda thing?

Any help is appreciated.

WIN

You need to join the French Foreign Legion, become a charismatic latently gay leader like Alexander The Great, then get you and your BoIz to desert, once you’ve deserted you need to go to some African shithole and take over.

Then look for oil. Then call Exxon in to pump it for you. Then get some fatty deal for yourselves out of it. Then pogrom the people so they can’t rebel. Then get sanctioned by the UN.

Or you could just pump budz and sell roids, its up to you.

Do you sleep hanging upside down in your closet?

[quote]3IdSpetsnaz wrote:
You need to join the French Foreign Legion, become a charismatic latently gay leader like Alexander The Great, then get you and your BoIz to desert, once you’ve deserted you need to go to some African shithole and take over.

Then look for oil. Then call Exxon in to pump it for you. Then get some fatty deal for yourselves out of it. Then pogrom the people so they can’t rebel. Then get sanctioned by the UN.

Or you could just pump budz and sell roids, its up to you.[/quote]

seriously what is french foreign region? 1 month ago some I was hitch hiking and the guy who took me told me he was in the french army in a foreign country. Are they reputed to be badass or something?

[quote]3IdSpetsnaz wrote:

Or you could just pump budz and sell roids, its up to you.[/quote]

I was actually thinking more along the lines of going into a rural location, leasing out all of the land there, and making a huge donation to a local church to make sure all the locals see me as family and will work for me.

What could go wrong?

fuck you lmao

this is a big win

Awesome!

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

seriously what is french foreign region? [/quote]

Any area outside of France is a French foreign region. Are you asain by chance?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You’re quebecois and you don’t know about the legion etrangere?

Push you have to strip the sulfur from the hydrogen with a MEA or Amine treating system. Then you have to recover the sulfur in liquid form and sell to sulfuric acid manufacturing plants. This is what we do at the refinery I work at (BP). It can be costly and dangerous, H2S is nothin to mess around with.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

matt74 wrote:
Push you have to strip the sulfur from the hydrogen with a MEA or Amine treating system. Then you have to recover the sulfur in liquid form and sell to sulfuric acid manufacturing plants. This is what we do at the refinery I work at (BP). It can be costly and dangerous, H2S is nothin to mess around with.

Crap, what are we going to do with all the H2S cologne we have bottled up and sitting in the garage?

Sell it to anyone you really don’t like, maybe a gift for Bin Laden

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
3IdSpetsnaz wrote:

seriously what is french foreign region? 1 month ago some I was hitch hiking and the guy who took me told me he was in the french army in a foreign country. Are they reputed to be badass or something?[/quote]

Maybe they think you have a Baaaddd Ass and want you to join their french foreign legion and follow their alexander the great leader.

[quote]tedro wrote:
A few of my boys and I are considering starting one of those oil refineries like Exxon, Shell, or BP and all that other jazz. Figuring that oil will be booming for a few more years at least, why not throw our rocks in the pond?

We’ve done a little reading and found some oil reserves.

So what’s the best?

Anyone have any experience with this kinda thing?

Any help is appreciated.[/quote]

Hehehe, hahaha, hahahahaha

If you could get the permits to build a refinery(give up now), it would cost you at a minimum about $2 billion for a basic refinery that does production level output.

That said, if you wanted to make a small oil refinery for just a few thousand gallons a year of processed fuel oil you are still talking tens of millions dollars.

Small oil refineryies only make money producing special materials such as jet fuel, rocket fuel, bio-medical plastic precursors etc.

If you really want to make money working in/for a refinery then get yourself setup as a 3rd party contractor doing confined space cleanup, welding, refractory, or machining. Again, that said, good luck, refineries are crazy pro Union and closed loop systems, if your foot isn’t already in the door you are locked out.

I thought this sounded familiar. :slight_smile:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
I thought this sounded familiar. :)[/quote]

Finally! I was wondering how long it was going to take for somebody to point out the reference.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
jasmincar wrote:
3IdSpetsnaz wrote:

seriously what is french foreign region? 1 month ago some I was hitch hiking and the guy who took me told me he was in the french army in a foreign country. Are they reputed to be badass or something?

Maybe they think you have a Baaaddd Ass and want you to join their french foreign legion and follow their alexander the great leader.[/quote]

They search all around the world for the best of the best. it seems I am in the top of their prospect list

and no I don’t know anything about army, war and guns. I don’t care too.