Started Velocity Diet on 3/10/2008

I decided to do the Velocity Diet and wanted to know if you could all give me some feedback. First of all let me start off with some stats:

Height: 5 feet 4 inches (64 inches)
Weight: 254 lbs.
Measurement around waist (navel): 51 inches
This is the only measurement I took. I figured once I get this down, I can concentrate on other parts.

I started the Velocity Diet on 03/10/2008. This is what I have done so far. I hope to update this every day or so.

Week 1: 03/10/2008 - 03/16/2008
Monday Calories:
5:30 AM Surge 340
8:00 AM Metabolic Drive -Choc & Banana 210
Flaxseed Meal 30
10:30 AM Metabolic Drive - Choc & Banana 210
Flaxseed Meal 30
12:30 PM Metabolic Drive - Choc & Banana 210
Flaxseed Meal 30
2:30 PM Metabolic Drive - Choc & Banana 210
Flaxseed Meal 30
5:30 PM Metabolic Drive - Choc & Banana 210
Flaxseed Meal 30
8:30 PM Metabolic Drive - Chocolate 200
Natural Peanut Butter 105
Total for the Day: 1845

Tuesday Calories:
4:30 AM Flameout (2 caps) 26
5:30 AM Surge 340
8:00 AM Metabolic Drive - Choc & Banana 210
Flaxseed Meal 30
10:30 AM Metabolic Drive - Banana 220
Flaxseed Meal 30
12:30 PM Metabolic Drive - Chocolate 200
Flaxseed Meal 30
Flameout (2 caps) 26
2:30 PM Metabolic Drive - Banana 220
Flaxseed Meal 30
5:30 PM Metabolic Drive - Chocolate 200
Total for the Day: 1867

Wednesday Calories:
4:30 AM Flameout (2 caps) 26
8:00 AM Metabolic Drive - Orange 220
Flaxseed Meal 30
10:30 AM Metabolic Drive - Banana 220
Flaxseed Meal 30
12:30 PM Metabolic Drive - Chocolate 200
Flaxseed Meal 30
Flameout (2 caps) 26
3:00 PM Metabolic Drive - Banana 220
Flaxseed Meal 30
(planning, since I’m writing this at 3:00 pm 03/12/2008)
5:30 PM Metabolic Drive - Chocolate 200
Total for the Day: 1537

I’m staying strong, but I have to admit, I am so hungry. I’m guessing my body will adapt eventually.

For training:

Week 1: 03/10/2008 �?? 03/16/2008
Monday
Proposed Workout: Assisted Pull-ups
100 lbs assistance
10 sets/3 reps
60 sec rest/set

Actual Workout:
lbs. reps
100 2
120 3
140 3
140 3
140 3
140 3
140 3
140 3
140 3
140 2

Proposed Workout:
A1. Hammer Strength-Upright Wide Chest w/ plates 270lbs.
A2. Hammer Curls 35 lbs.
4 sets/6 reps
90 sec rest/set

Actual Workout:
lbs. reps
A1. 270 6
A2. 35 6
A1. 270 6
A2. 35 6
A1. 270 6
A2. 35 6
A1. 270 6
A2. 35 6

Proposed Workout: Deadlifts 225 lbs.
4 sets/6 reps

Actual Workout:
lbs. reps
225 3
225 4
225 2
225 0
This is sad since on 02/26/2008, I did 8 reps of 225 for a warm-up and did 1 rep of 315 (more workout in between), which is a personal record. This may not sound like a lot for some of you, but it is great for me.

Morning: After workout, did 30 min. of cardio on the elliptical.
Evening: 30 min. on the elliptical

Tuesday
Proposed Workout: Squats 225 lbs.
10 sets/3 reps
60 sec rest/set

Actual Workout:
lbs. reps
225 3
225 3
225 3
225 3
225 3
225 3
225 3
225 3
225 0
225 0

Proposed Workout:
A1. Assisted Dips 90 lbs assistance
A2. Seated Rows 170 lbs.
4 sets/6 reps
90 sec rest/set

Actual Workout:
lbs. reps
A1. 90 6
A2. 170 6
A1. 90 6
A2. 170 6
A1. 90 6
A2. 170 6
A1. 90 6
A2. 170 6

Proposed Workout:
A1. Skull Crushers 80 lbs.
A2. Standing Curls 80 lbs.
4 sets/6 reps
90 sec rest/set

Actual Workout:
lbs. reps
A1. 80 6
A2. 80 6
A1. 80 6
A2. 80 4
A1. 80 6
A2. 75 0
A1. 80 6
A2. 75 4

Morning: After workout, 2 min on treadmill, felt nauseous and stopped.

Wednesday
Morning: 20 min on treadmill, and 20 min on elliptical
Evening: Will do more cardio this evening.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I will be adding pictures soon enough, but I wanted to go ahead and get part of this started. After today, 26 more days to go.

Forgot to mention my supplements.

Creatine, HOT-ROX Extreme, Flameout, BCAA, multivitamin, ZMA, Vitamin C and I think that is it.

I didn’t make it into the gym this morning, as planned. It may have been a blessing in disguise though. I overslept, but I didn’t wake up as tired or as hungry as I did the last couple of days. I will make up for it this evening.

A little background on me before this diet. I ate like crap. I wouldn’t be surprised if I ate an average of about 5000 cals a day - and not good either. The only good thing was a shake every morning. Other than that, if someone brought kolaches or donuts to work, you better believe I was eating a couple. If we went out for lunch, something greasy and fattening was going down my throat. For dinner, ground meat or chicken with flour tortillas, sour cream, cheese and hot sauce. OK, enough of that.

Point is I ate bad. Any suggestions on how to get through? I did the fat fast diet about 2 years ago, but I only did it for a week. It seemed a lot easier but that is because I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. I’m on day four and have 24 more days to go.

I know I’m rambling, but it seems to help to put my thoughts out here.

from the question(s) you posted in my thread

[quote]James,
You mentioned you are going to Aladdin’s on Friday. Is that the only meal you’re eating for the week? I was under the impression you could only have one meal and it had to be very clean. Unlike you, I am dying for food. HOT-ROX is not strong enough. I am hungry as hell.
Like I said, if anyone has any tips, bring it forth and quick.
Thanks, [/quote]

first, you only ahve one healthy solid meal a week on the v-diet; if you did your reading before hand, you’d know this. Go to the Physique clinic and read Gus’ thread religously. EVERYTHING you need to know is in it.

At Aladdin’s, the have very clean meals, mediteranean food in gerenal is, with plenty of helthy fats and fresh greens. I wil lbe getting the gyro plate, which at this particular palce is a Big salad, wit hveggies and mushrooms, with GRILLED gyro meat, it isn’t heavy at all, nicely spiced. The resturaunt is know for their affordable and healthy meals.

my main tip is to GO READ GUS’ THREAD NOW, ALL your questions will be answered there. It kinda sound like you are not totally prepared, you may want to ‘take a break’ learn all you can, then start up fresh next monday. I see no shame in that, do it right nor not at all.

I honestly feel the bluntness is necessary here, this is something taht really needs to be done correctly or you will not get the results you want, and even worse, may become ill if you are not injesting the right nutrients.

Best of skill and hard work to you, for luck has nothing to do with it. :slight_smile:

James,
Actually I do thank you for your bluntness and I did read Gus’ thread. You were right. It did answer many questions I had. I didn’t quit doing the diet, because I believe I have been pretty much dead on, except for the few questions I had and the doubts I had about myself. By reading Gus’ thread the questions were answered and the doubts were eliminated. Reading about the rationalization and mind set and ‘toxic people’ and everything else Chris S. mentions is what gave me the motivation to keep going.

I am proud to say that I measured in with a loss of 6 pounds and 2 inches off my waist. I was hoping for more weight loss, but the inches more than compensated for that. Especially since I may have retained more muscle than I expected or I may have actually added a small bit. Either way, I am going forward with my second week.

For my one meal on Sunday, I had a steak (cooked medium) steamed green beans, broccoli and cauliflower. I also had a baked sweet potato (small) and some strawberries. I couldn’t finish it.

Based on what I read, I was doing too much cardio at the beginning of the week, which is what had me extremely exhausted. I have been doing my NEPA walks with my dog, which is great for her too. I will give more details later.

I am glad i could help!

why not post pictures and more in depth log?

Keep trucking!

Hey man, how you been? How’s the diet going?

-dizzle

The diet is going great. I haven’t had time to post, but I have been on the diet, nonetheless.

The other day, I had a meeting downtown at another building. I wasn’t sure how I was going to fit my shakes in. Of course, the meeting had the usual bagels, biscuits, cheeses, fruits and croissants. I had a shake right before the meeting and pre-made another and stuck it in my cooler full of ice.

During a 15 minute break I ran out the parking garage and guzzled down the next shake and I was only off by 10 minutes from the time I was supposed to drink it. No excuses, right?

Even though Chris says you can have a couple of diet drinks a day, I have eliminated it for the most part. It has actually helped, for my weak moments. Last Friday, I was going nuts, I almost broke. I went as far as going to the refrigerator to eat something - anything. I had tried drinking water and nothing was helping.

When I opened it, I saw a bottle of Diet Coke on the second rack, just laying there. I figured, let me try this and hold off. It worked. It was a little flat, but it held me until my next shake.

I am currently on week 3. As I said on my previous post, I lost 6 pounds and 2 inches off my waist. As of week 2, I lost 5 more pounds and 1 more inch. for a total so far, of 11 pounds and 3 inches off my waist. My clothes is definitely starting to fit a little less tight.

Not a deal breaker, but I have noticed that this week 3 is actually harder, than week 2. I didn’t start having cravings for food until about Thursday of week 2. Now on week 3, I started with the cravings since yesterday (Monday), just one day after my solid meal.

For my week 2 meal, I had another steak and steamed vegetables. I was looking for boiled crawfish, but everything was either closed or sold out for Easter Sunday. I will have crawfish this week (end of week 3). For those of you that know about boiled crawfish, don’t worry, I will skip on the boiled potatoes. But I was wondering if I could eat one of the corn on the cobs?

As for pictures, I’ve taken them but I am still too self-conscious about putting them out here. Maybe when I can show a great before and after, it won’t be so bad. Trust me, it’s not something you want to see. Not yet, anyway.