Started TRT Yesterday. Xyosted, 100mg 1x/Week

Good call. For my latest experiment I can either go with $900 per month Natesto (fda approved nasal gel) or go to compounding pharmacy and get $60 per month gel or troche. Hmmmm, let’s see, which do I choose?

No surprise fda has now started the process of shutting down compounding pharmacies.

Yeah. Dr r will give you testosterone cypionate. Kind of disappointing dr trying to push something he is sure to get kick back on.

With injection testosterone even if insurance don’t cover use good rx. Very cheap still.

I get the 200mg/1ml vial.

And buy syringes on amazon. I use 29g 1/2" .5 ml

1 Like

Just wanted to give you guys an update… I’m just about 6 weeks into TRT now. The first 4 weeks were with the xyosted auto injector at 100mg Test E/week, which I incorrectly reported was covered by insurance. Not a big deal, switched to Test C @ 100mg/week, but the last 2 weeks I started splitting my dose to 50mg/2x a week.

I’ve been keeping a log since I started TRT for myself, just recording how I feel etc… and since splitting the dose I’ve seen a noticeable difference. I was doing the auto injector Thursday nights, Fri-sat generally felt great, by Sunday night I would always feel a little bloated and some sensitivity in my chest… definitely not gyno but could feel something going on there… then by wed/thurs I would be feeling less than optimal until my next injection.

In 2 weeks now with the split dosing, I’ve seemed to have avoided that bloat and chest sensitivity issue. Most importantly, I’m feeling “even” as far as energy, mood and libido throughout the week.

I believe I’ve had low test for a few years now, and aside from the improvements above, I finally feel like I’m making the progress I should have always been in the gym. My wife and a few family members commented this weekend that my arms and shoulders were looking big, and I definitely seem to have lost a little bit of my love handles so far, without changing diet or workout. I’ve done a few very mild cycles of the andros/11kt/Anavar in the past, so I can say TRT doesn’t compare to those, but compared to the progress I was making without TRT to now there is a noticeable difference.

Other big thing to note is recovery. I’m running a 3 day/week full body strength focus, so fairly heavy workouts. From when our gyms opened in August until I started TRT in Oct, I was consistent with my workouts but definitely feeling beaten down. Sore muscles/joints/fatigue basically all the time. Since TRT has kicked in I notice I may be a little sore the day after a workout, but by day 2 I’m feeling good and ready to lift again.

I know I’m only 6 weeks into this journey, and this honeymoon period is going to end soon enough, but just figured I’d provide an update.

3 Likes

Just read through your story…

How are you doing now?

Would love another update.

Hey man yeah would love to update-

So back in January went for a checkup and blood work and at 100mg a week I was only testing around 390 for total T and free T was only around 11 or so, so my doc decided to bump up the dose a little bit. Since then I’ve been on 160mg/week split into 80mg 2x. I’m feeling pretty damn good, and my last trough blood test had my total T around 750 and I honestly don’t remember the free T of the top of my head.

I’ve definitely been continuing to make constant progress in the gym, not “I’m on cycle” type of gains but consistent. I just decided to try running some Androsterone and 7-keto for the next few weeks to lean out a little so we will see how that goes.

Libido is pretty wild, maybe the only thing that I don’t always appreciate because it sucks when the wife’s not in the mood. Performance is also amazing.

I’ve definitely lost the honeymoon period feeling, but I do feel better now than pre-trt so that’s a win. I think that’s about it, man.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response.
Glad to hear you are having a positive experience.
No doubt there is an element of chasing the dragon with T. That honeymoon period of ‘coming alive’ is definitely the good bit.

I am waiting on delivery of my blood tests from the last 18months and then I think I’ll reach out to Dr R.

I am currently on the 1% gel - but yeah - not feeling great.