Started TRT Today

My T came back at I believe 340, on the lower end. So, Integrative Medical started me on 100mg of T.Cypionate per week. 2x/week small injections.

I’m 43, 6’4", 216 lbs. I’ve been lifting for years, never really making the gains I want. I thought I had lower T, when I started feeling depressed, hopeless, and my sex life sucking ass.

I’m confident that 100mg/week will be fine for making me feel better, address the intermittent depressive feelings and such. I also want to put on some muscle while doing this. Maybe I’ll stay on it long-term, I’m not sure yet.

I’ve been doing Stronglifts 5x5, with decent strength gains, but the muscle is lagging since I’m tall and skinnyfat. I recently adjusted the workout to a 3x5 Starting Strength approach so I don’t hit the wall too fast and have to keep deloading.

So, My question for more experienced guys in this area: Should I continue with the Stronglifts, and adjust my diet so I’m getting the adequate protein, healthy carbs and fats… and most importantly being tall and thin, the calories??

And is 100mg/week really going to do much in terms of muscle gain? Should I stack something like Ostarine with it as insurance (SARMS).

I’m comparing Stronglifts to the Kinobody Superhero program as I want to gain as much as I can quickly.

Thanks,

This forum is not training or BB centric. But we can help with TRT.

Please post all pre-TRT lab work with ranges.

E2 management is very critical.

Low thyroid function is also depressing. Please see last paragraph in this post to self-eval.

You may be iodine deficient. Do you use iodized salt? Iodine is part of your thyroid hormones.

Ask for:

* self inject 50mg T cyp/eth twice a week with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringe, inject SC/SQ not IM
  • 0.5mg anastrozole at time of injections

• 250iu hCG SC/SQ EOD to preserver testes, also many find good for mood

Inject SC/SQ over top of upper legs where you can see and avoid veins. Pinch up skin and inject into end of fold, needle parallel to tissue underneath. After injecting, press on injection site for 10-15 seconds to allow

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.