T Nation

Started TRT 6 Months Ago

I go to my GP. I get 300mg of Test every 2 weeks injected by my doctor. I am covered under my insurance for everything besides the actual Test prescription. It’s been working very well. Should I have any concerns if I am getting no side effects? I’m asking because I see it is recommended that other drugs should also be taken to offset side effects and also because of the bi-weekly interval between injections.

I can maintain an erection for longer periods. Better mood overall with more energy. Better results at the gym, adding muscle while losing fat.

What were your T levels before you started? Did your initial labs include any of the other tests mentioned in the stickies? Have you had more labs since you started? If so read the stickies and post what is suggested and those with more knowledge can weigh in.

No real intensive lab results. I do know that my Test was 424 and now it’s 697

300mg every 2 weeks is terrible. Depending on your SHBG, you should be injecting anywhere between 1-3 times a week.

With the 300mg every 2 weeks, you are on a roller coaster of hormones. Do you notice that you feel worse towards the end of the 2 weeks? Feel better at a certain point?

Any negative symptoms to speak of?

Labs are vital.

When you inject 300mg T every two weeks your T levels spike and FT–>E2 spikes and E2 gets very high and that can lead to higher SHBG which creates more non-bioavailable SHBG+T that inflates TT and TT then overstates your status. As T levels drop, residual E2 can be come too high. You are probably doing labs after 2 weeks. As your levels are changing so much, your labs are sort of useless as they only represent your status on day 14.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

I had my first lab after 3 months. I never experience any negative effects whatsoever. Including mood, erection, and workouts.

I could suggest weekly injections to my Dr. I can also suggest that I administer my own injections but I believe he is against it having told me of a patient who got a needle stuck in his quad which required surgery to remove.

How convenient for his bottom line.

For the fact that your doctor believes that one massive injection every two weeks is a good idea and no self injection suggests he’s a chicken shit and or he enjoys charging you for office visits. Perhaps your doctor should check his own hormones cause he sounds like a big pussy.

To his defense I must say that I am not charged for the visits and if he really wanted to milk it he could have me come in every week.

I might go ahead an inquire about self injecting weekly

Weekly might not be enough, I started out weekly (low SHBG) and switched to twice weekly, but TRT did really start kicking into high gear until I started injecting EOD. Don’t shortchange yourself, find out where your SHBG levels. Starting TRT without knowing SHBG levels is akin to driving a car with blindfolds on.

Your protocol is simply stupid. Such practices are driven by product info that is ancient, predating disposable syringes. Most doctors are idiots when it comes to TRT, simply to complex for them. There is enough info in the stickies for you to know more about these issues than almost all doctors. We have a 'stupid things that doctors do and say sticky.

So you doc does not allow folks to inject insulin?

Self inject 50mg T twice a week subq, not IM, with #29 1/2" 0.5mg insulin syringes, slow to load, injection time is OK. Try over quads where you can see and avoid veins. Pinch up a slight mound of skin and inject into that with needle parallel to muscles below. After removing needle, press firmly in injection piercing point for 10 seconds to allow vessels to seal off preventing bleed bruises. If you end up needing anastrozole, take at time of injections.

I want to get blood work done as was suggested. Problem is, I live in New Jersey. Spent some time reading the stickys and could not find a solution for my problem. In case I didn’t search hard enough, apologies in advance.

Everything has been going well since I started with this protocol in September. After my 300mg injection last Thursday I experienced night sweats starting on Saturday and continuing until last night. I also did not have morning erections until this morning. My erection strength has also gone down a bit but still functional and stronger than pre TRT.

My doctor does not want me to self inject and believes there should be no estradoil concerns at my current dosage. I have not broached the topic of weekly injections. I will call his office today about my concerns and try to schedule labwork. I don’t know what his response will be.

I am scheduled for getting full bloodwork on my own the day of my next injection. Should I go have it done today instead?

This doctor is an ancient turd from a time long forgotten as is his knowledge in TRT. You’re in for a rough ride then, it won’t be long before you fail at TRT and quit altogether.

Yes, I’ve been made aware of this. Any suggestions as to what I should do now?

Find another doctor, this is your only option. You will likely go through countless doctors before you find one who is experienced, when you get tired playing games with clueless doctors call Defy Medical.

There aren’t many doctors that know how to do TRT correctly.

50mg twice weekly every 3.5 days, example Monday morning and Thursdays evening. Redo labs in 6 weeks.

Hold off on asking for HCG and Anastrazole until after blood work in 6 week’s?