Started Test/AI/Hcg. Have Some Sides and Questions

Not sure how it was measured

Free T range = 35 - 155

Thatā€™s calculated.

Damn, thatā€™s only 0.33% free testosterone. SHBG must be very high and that could be due to many reasons. It means he isnā€™t getting much benefit out of that 1500ng/dL total testosterone.

1 Like

Whatā€™s this .33? I thought radio didnā€™t matter as long as free t was high. How does the ratio help one feel better. Very confusing and never really dug into it when it was discussed.

If Iā€™m 1300 and free t is 27 that gives me a 48. In sure itā€™s lower now but a good example. Thanks

Percentage of free testosterone, 2-3% of total testosterone is a good range for free test.

High SHBG guys need to run total test higher to get decent free test levels.

Ok but doesnā€™t every body vary in how much T they convert to free t. I canā€™t see how one would be able to change the ratio. Itā€™s ejther more or less correct

Yes, however that can change. For example, exogenous testosterone generally reduces SHBG. DHEA can as well.

1 Like

This was just an example of what I see in the wild. Im more interested in what you think of my reading of TT 1965 and FT 414.

It doesnā€™t scare me. Considering when your blood was drawn, itā€™s fine. You mentioned you felt great.

However, you want to discontinue the AI so your challenge is finding the test dose/injection schedule that is high enough for you to feel great, but not so high that you begin to have elevated E2 symptoms. I think I would stick with your new protocol and see how you respond.

1 Like

I stuck that out for a few months with no AI and felt ā€œOKā€ but was sick cold->pneumonia so cant perfectly gauge it. Im on my 3rd week of EOD injections of 60mg (210mg average per week) and so far my usual high E2 symptoms havent showed. Im hopeful they stay at bay with the smaller injections.

1 Like

Hoping to talk to the Dr. this week. Considering switching AI and maybe I will have not as many sides. Also wondering if Test Proprionate would be better for me.

I was started out on 200mg a week and hcg and AIā€¦blah blah blah
I felt like I was going to dieā€¦ high heart rate, insomnia, flu, hot cold and sweatyā€¦ this went on for about 4 weeks. Also my hair fell out! I mean just started shedding like crazy.
One day I just stopped all meds and about day 7 I finally got some rest and heart rate went back down.
Quit everything except test Cyp at 100mg a week (2-50mg injections). No AI no hcg.
Feel normal hair is coming backā€¦ however I donā€™t feel great at all. Just so so. No libido, no good mental feelings but I feel I can stay the course on this and see if things improve. Going to wait until 6 weeks on the 100mg and if I donā€™t improve Iā€™ll add in webutrin to help my mind feel betterā€¦ Iā€™m here for the mental help not the musclesā€¦

I feel ya dude. Same exact thing. My hair thinned out so badly. Every day felt like I had the flu. I cut down from the advise here my anostrozole and the flu like symptoms went away, the hot cold sweaty feeling went away. BUT I am still taking just not nearly as much.

My SHBG fluctuates between 18-22 nmol/L and yes going from 50mg twice weekly to 20mg EOD stopped my hair loss and dropped estrogen significantly. A daily protocol decreased estrogen even further.

Are you using cypionate or propionate? And are you injecting IM or Sub Q? I do 50 2x a week and am totally down for doing EOD. I am willing to try something else for sure.

Are you using any AI as I am using Anostrozole currently.

Hair loss has not only been my only issue. Around Oct end of Sept my libido dropped again and I am again having ED. Along with bouts of very bad depression.

Iā€™m using enanthate IM EOD, I would be doing every day if I didnā€™t have issues with my livers inability to process bilirubin. I use an 1/20th aromasin infrequently as needed or once weekly.

HCG can cause problems with mood.

Have you had in the past any depression issues related to aromasin or any issues of ED from TRT?

My estrogen is always high (40-50) do to my high BF percentage, so without the AI there are no erections until I lose weight. Never had depression or anxiety pre-TRT, only get minor anxiety when not in a stable state which clears after I reach a stable state.

Ok thanks for your help. Tomorrow is actually my 1st shot of the week so I am going to actually start EOD for 6 weeks to see how that goes. I have very low BF % so other than glutes I am scared to pin anywhere else. I guess I will swap between glutes and quads.

And I def wanna cut down on the anostrozole which by the sounds of it I may be able to do with EOD injections.

I feel with my numbers above I should have a good libido which is very perplexing to me. My libido was sky high for the first few months when the Dr had me on 200 a week once a week. Obviously that was way way too high to start me at and my numbers skyrocketed.

I inject in the shoulders and quads, I donā€™t like injecting in hard to reach and places I canā€™t see what Iā€™m doing. I use 29 gauge insulin syringes. Your levels were reasonable in the beginning and then levels were to high and you lost the benefits.

Stop the anastrozole, that stuff destroyed me.

Did you grow your lost hair back once you figured everything out?