T Nation

Started Hormone Therapy

I started hormone therapy about two weeks ago. I have no prior experience with this and I would appreciate some opinions. I’m taking 1ml Nand Deca (200 mg per ml) once per week, 1ml Test Cyp (200 mg per ml) once per week, 1 Anastrozole 1mg cap (anti- E) every other day and 2 iu’s Somatropin per day mon thru friday. I’m curious if this is a relatively safe and effective cycle?

[quote]Rx only wrote:
I started hormone therapy about two weeks ago. I have no prior experience with this and I would appreciate some opinions. I’m taking 1ml Nand Deca (200 mg per ml) once per week, 1ml Test Cyp (200 mg per ml) once per week, 1 Anastrozole 1mg cap (anti- E) every other day and 2 iu’s Somatropin per day mon thru friday. I’m curious if this is a relatively safe and effective cycle?[/quote]

That’s actually pretty good for HRT. I’m 25 and I’d probably gain pretty well off that. Nothing crazy, but gains for sure. This is from your doctor/HRT clinic?

Yes, it’s from an Anti-aging hormone replacement clinic. I’d refer you but I’m pretty sure they only accept candidates 30 and over. Thanks for the response!

[quote]Rx only wrote:
Yes, it’s from an Anti-aging hormone replacement clinic. I’d refer you but I’m pretty sure they only accept candidates 30 and over. Thanks for the response![/quote]

Oh no, I’m all set, but thanks for the thought. I was just asking because its very generous compared to most of the hrt I’ve seen given out and I thought mabye you were doing your own hrt. Looks good though. Let the board know how it goes.

[quote]Rx only wrote:
I started hormone therapy about two weeks ago. I have no prior experience with this and I would appreciate some opinions. I’m taking 1ml Nand Deca (200 mg per ml) once per week, 1ml Test Cyp (200 mg per ml) once per week, 1 Anastrozole 1mg cap (anti- E) every other day and 2 iu’s Somatropin per day mon thru friday. I’m curious if this is a relatively safe and effective cycle?[/quote]

This seems like a lot of AAS for Hormone replacement therapy. I mostly see testosterone and growth hormone prescribed.

AG-Guys

[quote]ag-guys wrote:
Rx only wrote:
I started hormone therapy about two weeks ago. I have no prior experience with this and I would appreciate some opinions. I’m taking 1ml Nand Deca (200 mg per ml) once per week, 1ml Test Cyp (200 mg per ml) once per week, 1 Anastrozole 1mg cap (anti- E) every other day and 2 iu’s Somatropin per day mon thru friday. I’m curious if this is a relatively safe and effective cycle?

This seems like a lot of AAS for Hormone replacement therapy. I mostly see testosterone and growth hormone prescribed.

AG-Guys[/quote]

Wow you guys in the US are so lucky having clinics like that.

Do you pay for this treatment or is it covered in your health insurance?

[quote]electric_eales wrote:
ag-guys wrote:
Rx only wrote:

AG-Guys

Wow you guys in the US are so lucky having clinics like that.

Do you pay for this treatment or is it covered in your health insurance?

[/quote]

Unfortunately I have to pay for it myself, (and it isn’t cheap!) but if it improves my quality of life it’s worth every penny.

There are alot of these clinics around, many don’t care how old you are or what your labs read. basically it is a loophole in the laws that allow you to obtain steroids (usually deca, test cyp, GH, and ancillaries) and stay in the gray area of legal. The government is started to try to pressure them but they don’t have a legal leg to stand on without rewriting the laws, so the client is safe.

That being said don’t fool yourself into thinking that they give a crap about your long term health. No tru HRT doc would give Deca to a guy experiencing hypogonadal issues. But as long as you can afford it (much more expensive than black market) than you don’t have to worry about “the man” and you get pharmacuetical grade stuff.

[quote]Rx only wrote:

RxOnly:

R U crazy? You need to get a clue my friend. You are putting some very serious shit into your body and you don’t know anything about it. That is scary.

The only smart thing you have done is come here and ask this question (although a little late obviously).

First, you are not engaging in HRT. HRT involves 100mg per week of testosterone max. More conservative doctors will have you on less, or a cream instead of injectables. You have been prescribed 4 x the max amount :0

Let me guess, your “HRT clinic” has instructed you to use the roids they sold you for ten weeks. Then you are to stop and take some other stuff after you stop for a few weeks. Am I right? That is not HRT, that is a cycle.

These clinics are OK for users who have self educated themselves about responsible steroid use. They can be risky for people who don’t know WTF they are doing.

You are taking Deca. IMO only a person who knows everything about it should even think about going near deca. Do you know what you will do if you get gyno? Do you know what gyno is? Do you know what deca dick is? You DEFINITELY should not be using deca for your first cycle. That is IMO there are guys who will disagree but the point here is that you cannot make an intelligent decision because you haven’t done your homework.

From the way you write it seems to me that you are smart. It is incumbent on you to learn everything about the substances you are injecting into your body. All the info you need is on the net. There are some very good message boards out there that could get a newbie up to speed. Don’t know if this board is good for a newbie or not since i just got here.

Seriously. Read read and read. It takes many months to learn about this stuff, and years before you can claim you are knowledgable.

Good luck. And don’t forget: READ!

[quote]FloridaBoy wrote:
Rx only wrote:

RxOnly:

R U crazy? You need to get a clue my friend. You are putting some very serious shit into your body and you don’t know anything about it. That is scary.

The only smart thing you have done is come here and ask this question (although a little late obviously).

First, you are not engaging in HRT. HRT involves 100mg per week of testosterone max. More conservative doctors will have you on less, or a cream instead of injectables. You have been prescribed 4 x the max amount :0

Let me guess, your “HRT clinic” has instructed you to use the roids they sold you for ten weeks. Then you are to stop and take some other stuff after you stop for a few weeks. Am I right? That is not HRT, that is a cycle.

These clinics are OK for users who have self educated themselves about responsible steroid use. They can be risky for people who don’t know WTF they are doing.

You are taking Deca. IMO only a person who knows everything about it should even think about going near deca. Do you know what you will do if you get gyno? Do you know what gyno is? Do you know what deca dick is? You DEFINITELY should not be using deca for your first cycle. That is IMO there are guys who will disagree but the point here is that you cannot make an intelligent decision because you haven’t done your homework.

From the way you write it seems to me that you are smart. It is incumbent on you to learn everything about the substances you are injecting into your body. All the info you need is on the net. There are some very good message boards out there that could get a newbie up to speed. Don’t know if this board is good for a newbie or not since i just got here.

Seriously. Read read and read. It takes many months to learn about this stuff, and years before you can claim you are knowledgable.

Good luck. And don’t forget: READ![/quote]
Florida Boy,
Although my sanity has been questioned on more than one occasion by friends and family, I’m pretty sure I’m not crazy. All kidding aside though, I appreciate your response. You sound as though you are well educated on this subject and I welcome your advice. I am familiar with gyno but I was told that the Anastrozole would prevent this.

With regards to “Deca dick” I was told it would not be a concern if taking Test with the Deca. If the info I have is incorrect please let me know so that I can make the appropriate changes and if necessary stop all together. Thanks again!

[quote]Rx only wrote:
Florida Boy,
Although my sanity has been questioned on more than one occasion by friends and family, I’m pretty sure I’m not crazy. All kidding aside though, I appreciate your response. You sound as though you are well educated on this subject and I welcome your advice. I am familiar with gyno but I was told that the Anastrozole would prevent this.

With regards to “Deca dick” I was told it would not be a concern if taking Test with the Deca. If the info I have is incorrect please let me know so that I can make the appropriate changes and if necessary stop all together. Thanks again!
[/quote]

RxOnly:

I don’t hold myself out as an expert on anything and especially not deca.

Some guys swear by it. The reason i think you should not take it is that whatever sides you develop, you will not know if caused by the test or the deca. Best to take just test on your first cycle and see how your body reacts. Running both if you get gyno you will not know if that is a side of test or deca. Some guys get deca dick others not the test “should” prevent it.

The anti e might eliminate gyno, might not. Alot of people do not get gyno even though they take no anti e. Other guys get gyno just looking at a vial of test or deca.

You did not say if you are on a cycle or plan something longer. If it is a cycle then you are not running much gear and likely will have minimal sides. If you are doing HRT that implies never coming off. Long term use of deca raises questions about the severity of shutdown and possible problems with recovery if you ever changed your mind.

Short profile on deca:

Here is an old post on deca and test that is good for a laugh but also informative. But mainly for the laugh cause it is old info.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122792&highlight=deca

If you are thinking of staying “on” try this:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452371&page=1&pp=20

If you are on a cycle then you need to research post cycle therapy. Don’t rely on the advice of the clinic you are using they don’t always have the best or latest protocol and sometimes their ideas can be outright stupid. PCT is the most important thing you need to learn about.

BTW, what are your goals/reasons for taking juice?