Started Clomid 25mg

Thanks for the replies guys

Here is my blood test before clomid with free test lh and other things.
It is in french though and other measurements i believe as i am in Canada

I think I’d try to keep taking it, even if it’s a reduced amount, until your test on Monday just so you can see what it was doing
 if you’re having vision issues though, stop immediately.

This is a pretty common story when it comes to Clomid. On paper it looks great
 I’m not sure why it doesn’t work well in the real world.

You can usually do HCG, FSH, HMG or even Clomid later for fertility. I wouldn’t discount TRT solely because of that.

Okay thank you guys.
So i did my blood test and i am waiting.

I am not too happy thinking that trt is Injectiona every 2 weeks or so.
Anyone tried the gel instead of Injections?

Thanks

Every two weeks is not a great injection schedule - except maybe for Sustanon. Weekly, twice a week, or even every day for some guys. And gel is widely hated. Scrotal cream is liked by plenty of guys, but you have to go through a compounding pharmacy and a doc that’s familiar.

You’ll need to inject more often than that, actually. You can use insulin syringes though, very small, painless. I do 3x a week.

Works for very few, isn’t strong enough. It’s about 2% Testosterone. There are creams available from compounding pharmacies that are 20% T that do work for a lot of people, but gel generally doesn’t work well or long term.

Injections are not as scary as you think. Many of us use a small 1/2" long 27-gauge (or higher/smaller) needle for injections. I do it in my delts/shoulders but have also used a 1.5" needle and done in my glutes. Either way it feels like a pin prick, and there are lots of videos online that can help you figure it out. My very first injection was in my thigh with a 22g 1.5" needle and THAT sucked. If you go with more frequent injections, you will be injecting a smaller amount each time, which is more manageable. After a bit of time, it will be part of your normal routine.

I also tried the gel (Androgel) and to @ncsugrad2002’s point, it just isn’t strong enough, although i did notice a marked increase in anxiety/aggression and appetite/hunger on the gel, maybe because of the alleged DHT boost from transdermal/skin application vs. injections (I never tested DHT levels when I was on standalone gel so this is just my assumption). Others have access to the stronger compounded testosterone cream which I have not tried. I did try a combo of injections (50mg/week) plus gel (2x/day, trying both scrotal and forearm application routes), but just found my levels all over the place and the gel was a pain to always apply and bring around the container while traveling.

I see.
Kind of sucks that its actually more often than twice a month.

What about for traveling, is it a hassle to carry it around and what about the testosterone, does it always need to be in a cold place?

Thanks guys

I’ve traveled extensively through the US, Europe, Canada, and down through Australia with a 1-2 month supply of testosterone vials plus syringes and nobody cared (knock on wood). I bring the prescription sticker with my name on it for each 1mL vial that I’ve packed just in case. I don’t think testosterone needs to be refrigerated (it is kept on the room temperature shelf in the pharmacy). I believe HCG does need to be refrigerated but I don’t take it so will refer to others for advice.

On injections, some tough love here but you gotta man-up if you need it for your health. There are pre-teenage kids out there with Type 1 diabetes that have to learn to inject insulin daily, so you having to pin testosterone 1x-2x a week isn’t the end of the world if it means you treating a medical condition and feeling better/getting your life back. You can also view as a positive that you are discovering at an early age that your body doesn’t last forever and this is a signal to keep your diet/exercise/alcohol intake/etc. in line vs. others who destroy themselves in their 20’s and 30’s and find out all kinds of health problems in their 50’s or 60’s. I agree it sucks but just sayin’, stay positive.

Should be at room temperature. If it is too cold it will crystalize. I have this problem in the winter. I keep my heat at 64F and it starts to crystalize.

I’ve never had any issues traveling with it either, obviously look into the country you’re going to though
 some countries have weird restrictions. You do NOT want it to be cold. Room temp is perfectly fine and preferred actually.

Ok thank you guys
Ill keep you poster after i see the doc soon.

Can i ask how did you guys feel and what were your symptoms before starting trt and age approximately?

Thanks guys

I’m 43. My system shut down at 37 and I went ~3.5 years untreated with total T around 150ng/dL before I figured something might be wrong. Felt like I had the flu all the time, drained of energy, no libido, erectile dysfunction, and was a scary thing to go through as I thought I had cancer or something. Never did steroids/anabolics in my life, but did party a decent amount in my 20’s/30’s. Was always very athletic, played sports, trained mma, did powerlifting (Louis Simmons stuff), ate perfect, and was never fat or out of shape. They couldn’t find the reason for the shutdown (maybe concussions from sparring heavy in mma?), so tested me first on Clomid which I mentioned above, then eventually I switched to injections ~1.5 years ago. On test, my body rebounded big time, especially my muscle mass maybe due to muscle memory from all the training I did in the past (I just run and do bodyweight crossfit now), and I’ve been trying to lose muscle as I look like a football player now, which many chicks don’t like.

1 Like

These protocols do work, but for a smaller percentage of men. Injections is the most effective with a minimum once weekly injection regimen when considering ethanate/cypionate esters, you may find you respond better with more injections and smaller amounts of Test.

Okay thank you!
And now with trt do you feel you got your energy back like before?

Energy is back but varies with dosage. At the standard dose of 100mg/week I feel like a 40-year old and my total T is around 600-650ng/dL and I’m within all the Labcorp ranges for other values (Free T and Estradiol). Between 100-150mg/week I feel like a 30-year old (or sometimes younger) and am at the high-end of Labcorp ranges. Above 150mg/week it gets a bit too stimulative for me and I get insomnia, but am willing to ride that out and see if my body gets used to it. Right now I’m staying at 150mg/week for a few months before I move up to 175mg/week in September. Again, I only take Testosterone and no other drugs (no HCG, Anti-Estrogen, antidepressants, etc. etc.) and no vitamins/supplements (except protein powder). I drink a Vitamix blender jug (2 litres) of vegetables/fruit daily for my “vitamins” and I feel fantastic vs when I just took vitamins/supplements alone. Only complaint is libido could use a bit more of a bump up but am slowly working on that and it has slowly gotten better.

Hi guys
Thanks for all the posts

Im currently looking for a new doctor
 this one doesnt seem to give me all that much information or want to really give me the best treatment.

He saw the new lab results with double my old testosterone and double estradiol.

I told him i didnt feel better, should i try trt.
He told me if you dont feel better with Clomid, try it for 6 months, and that with trt i won’t feel better.

I also read about the pituary gland. How come he didnt ask questions to see if that would be the issue

If i try trt for 1 or 2 months to see if i feel better, and i stop because i feel a difference, will my testosterone production be stopped for ever?
After how long does it stop and not produce again?
Also, what is a good starting dose and how regularly?

Im really frustrated about this whole thing.

Thank you guys

So he’s saying try clomid longer or try TRT for 6 months?

Forever is unlikely but not impossible, but you will make little to none for a little while for sure.

I’d start at 150mg/week, split it to 2 or so injections. Give it 8 weeks, evaluate then. Some people say start at 100 and work up, some say 200 and work down.

Hi

He said to try clomid for 6 months total to see if i feel any better.
But i did not feel better after 2 months
 what are the chances that i actually feel better if i try it for longer?
Also is it possible that i gained weight on clomid?

Thanks a lot guys

Time for TRT. Clomid buys them time to play doctor. Now its your turn to play.

About the chances of winning the lottery imo.

1 Like