T Nation

Started Bulking This Week

[quote]BoS wrote:
Everytime I see someone in the RMP section that talks about their diet consisting of 3 Bic Macs a day and milkshake, I see that they’re just tubby and there’s no visible muscle definition.

Plus they get ragged on by everyone that replies about how their diet is disgusting. I thought the trick was to gain weight (mostly muscle) and continue eating healthy. I can easily eat shitty food to get the calories, I just figured the purpose was to eat a lot of healthy food, for the most part.[/quote]

I’m sorry but when did anybody recommend you eat 3 Big Macs and a milkshake every day?

Loosening up a bit on your chicken and yogurt diet and eating in such a way that isn’t going to make you feel miserable or isolate you socially is probably the way 99% of people should go about this.

[quote]BoS wrote:
Everytime I see someone in the RMP section that talks about their diet consisting of 3 Bic Macs a day and milkshake, I see that they’re just tubby and there’s no visible muscle definition.

Plus they get ragged on by everyone that replies about how their diet is disgusting. I thought the trick was to gain weight (mostly muscle) and continue eating healthy. I can easily eat shitty food to get the calories, I just figured the purpose was to eat a lot of healthy food, for the most part.[/quote]

I was being sarcastic. If you are gaining weight on clean foods, good job.

I go to bed weighing 150 lbs, and wake up weighing 146. I’m eating everything under the friggen sun, including fattier meats. I eat until I’m full, then I eat a little peanut butter to fill in the gaps. I’m trying my best here, but I’ve always been fairly lean, with a fast metabolism, and now that I’m working out heavily 3 times a week and have put on quite a bit of muscle since I’ve started, my metabolism is probably through the roof. Hopefully the weight gainer helps along with my regular meals.

OK, if you are eating ‘everything under the sun’ and still not gaining weight, you need to change your diet. Read up on what Berardi did to gain weight (carried a bag of bagels and a gallon of premixed protein shakes with him).

You’ll see that sometimes, you have to force yourself to eat and it may be that you are going to have to get a lot of your calories from liquid sources (protein shakes and the like). Plus, you are going to have to start eating ‘crappier’ foods. You need calories and if you can’t eat cleaning and get them, then you have to eat dirty to get them.

That might mean a big mac on occasion or some chilli cheese dogs and a milk shake.

Do what it takes.

[quote]BoS wrote:

Breakfast (7AM):

• Big bowl of cereal w/ milk or big bowl of oatmeal
  • piece of whole wheat bread with a large amount of peanutbutter, honey, and handful of raisens
  • small bowl of cottage cheese
  • glass of milk or orange juice
    [/quote]
    Not too shabby; but you are lacking some serious protien

The shake isn’t too bad. Skip the cheese stick or have it later at night. The seeds; aren’t enough really. Leave them out of it; and have some simple carbs instead.

Make a food log; make sure your taking in enough calories.

I got my “Muscle Juice” yesterday and had my first two meals of them. I’d say with the 1000+ calories from the mix alone and the 2.25 cups of whole milk mixed with each, I got about 1500 calories a piece. Plus my big breakfast and whatever I end up eating for dinner tonight. The shake is very filling and it’s almost too sweet, but I downed them and I’m doing alright so far. We’ll see how I do after a couple weeks of these shakes and big eating.