Starbucks to pay for College

Unbelievable. I really hope this works for the company… This is visionary, and a great human service.

Well I guess we know why a small cup of coffee is $2 now. That’s pretty cool though.

So their lousy coffee wasn’t expensive enough already ?

Do Starbucks use Rainforest Alliance compliant, carbon neutral, fair trade, bird friendly, organic beans blessed by Guarani shamans who work a three day week and earn at least $38 an hour? That’s the real question here.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Do Starbucks use Rainforest Alliance compliant, carbon neutral, fair trade, bird friendly, organic beans blessed by Guarani shamans who work a three day week and earn at least $38 an hour? That’s the real question here.[/quote]

No, but for $2.25 I can get a cup of coffee with almost twice as much caffeine per ounce than anything else out there. I read a study that showed Starbucks has about 310 mg of caffeine per serving. I think the next closest was Dunkin’ Donuts, which are almost non-existent on the West Coast, at about 180 mg of caffeine.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Do Starbucks use Rainforest Alliance compliant, carbon neutral, fair trade, bird friendly, organic beans blessed by Guarani shamans who work a three day week and earn at least $38 an hour? That’s the real question here.[/quote]

No, but for $2.25 I can get a cup of coffee with almost twice as much caffeine per ounce than anything else out there. I read a study that showed Starbucks has about 310 mg of caffeine per serving. I think the next closest was Dunkin’ Donuts, which are almost non-existent on the West Coast, at about 180 mg of caffeine.[/quote]

That’s too bad, Dunkin is 100x better.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

No, but for $2.25 I can get a cup of coffee with almost twice as much caffeine per ounce than anything else out there. I read a study that showed Starbucks has about 310 mg of caffeine per serving. I think the next closest was Dunkin’ Donuts, which are almost non-existent on the West Coast, at about 180 mg of caffeine.[/quote]

That’s too bad, Dunkin is 100x better.[/quote]

How so? I drink coffee for the caffeine and there’s a shitload more of it in Starbucks than Dunkin’ Donuts, especially when I order it with a doubleshot of espresso.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

That’s too bad, Dunkin is 100x better.[/quote]

How so? I drink coffee for the caffeine and there’s a shitload more of it in Starbucks than Dunkin’ Donuts, especially when I order it with a doubleshot of espresso.[/quote]

It tastes better, imo.

Do you guys have Tim Hortons in the States? That’s my go to. (Canada)

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
Do you guys have Tim Hortons in the States? That’s my go to. (Canada)[/quote]

No, but I’ve been and Tim Horton’s is pretty good.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

No, but I’ve been and Tim Horton’s is pretty good. [/quote]

There used to be one in RI I’m not driving that far for coffee. Marylou’s which is a Ma franchise is supposed to be good, they got in trouble for allegedly hiring only pretty girls; you know because Ma doesn’t have any other problems

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2012/05/24/surprise-surprise-marylous-hires-hot-women-to-sell-coffee/

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

There used to be one in RI I’m not driving that far for coffee. Marylou’s which is a Ma franchise is supposed to be good, they got in trouble for allegedly hiring only pretty girls; you know because Ma doesn’t have any other problems

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2012/05/24/surprise-surprise-marylous-hires-hot-women-to-sell-coffee/
[/quote]

Lol, this country, I swear…smh.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[/quote]

There are pretty girls in Massachusetts?

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

Tim Horton’s is great. I miss my days of living in upstate NY. Wegman’s and Horton’s, right next to each other.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[/quote]

Lol, this country, I swear…smh.[/quote]

Massachusetts not this country

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[/quote]

There are pretty girls in Massachusetts?
[/quote]

Lot of colleges here they’re imports

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[/quote]

Lol, this country, I swear…smh.[/quote]

Massachusetts not this country
[/quote]

It ain’t just Massachusetts.