Bernstein Bears and the Spooky Tree.

That’s was my favorite book as a kid.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]dirtman wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
They need to make an all Ewok spin off movie.[/quote]

They did. It was made for TV in the 80’s[/quote]

Weekend at Bernstein Bears? [/quote]

The original three Star Wars movies are fucking epic and I don’t think anyone will be able to re-create the essence of those movies. The thing is, I have no idea what it is that made those movies so awesome; I feel it, but I can’t define it.

Assuming Disney does not do any Jar-Jar Binks bullshit or something similar, I can probably enjoy what they will put out so long as I am not comparing the new movies to the originals.

They could go ahead and remake the prequels…I’d be happy with that!

[quote]Nards wrote:
I have a friend that works for what I guess was Lucasfilm but now he works for Disney.

He had a meeting with Lawrence Kasdan and some other people last week and in a joint facebook discussion he and a couple of our other friends have he asked us if we knew any good WWII or even Western movies that have a satisfying ending with a large battle and a dangerous objective.

It was exciting to think that in some small way something I say could possibly help influence the ending of a new Star Wars movie. Though of course I highly doubt it a Helluva lot.[/quote]

How about The Good, The Bad and the Ugly Han Solo-style?

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
The original three Star Wars movies are fucking epic and I don’t think anyone will be able to re-create the essence of those movies. The thing is, I have no idea what it is that made those movies so awesome; I feel it, but I can’t define it.

Assuming Disney does not do any Jar-Jar Binks bullshit or something similar, I can probably enjoy what they will put out so long as I am not comparing the new movies to the originals.[/quote]

I think I can kinda put my finger on it. They were modern day epics in the form of video that had all the elements of ancient epics. They also had great character development and actors playing those characters which the newer three sorely lacked.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
I have a friend that works for what I guess was Lucasfilm but now he works for Disney.

He had a meeting with Lawrence Kasdan and some other people last week and in a joint facebook discussion he and a couple of our other friends have he asked us if we knew any good WWII or even Western movies that have a satisfying ending with a large battle and a dangerous objective.

It was exciting to think that in some small way something I say could possibly help influence the ending of a new Star Wars movie. Though of course I highly doubt it a Helluva lot.[/quote]

How about The Good, The Bad and the Ugly Han Solo-style?[/quote]

Godfuckingdammit you gotta start making safer bets if we have to keep seeing avatars like that.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

Assuming Disney does not do any Jar-Jar Binks bullshit or something similar, I can probably enjoy what they will put out so long as I am not comparing the new movies to the originals.[/quote]
JJ Abrams talks about this on a tedtalk. He feels like the essence of those movies as well as what he tried to do is the mystery box. Star Wars was all about that. Apart from awful writing, shitty acting and a myriad of other problems the prequels really lacked in that department.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Godfuckingdammit you gotta start making safer bets if we have to keep seeing avatars like that.[/quote]
Lol that’s what I was thinking. At least he’s a man of his word.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Godfuckingdammit you gotta start making safer bets if we have to keep seeing avatars like that.[/quote]
Lol that’s what I was thinking. At least he’s a man of his word.[/quote]

Who are you laughing at? The fucking picture came from your Facebook page.

Actuallly, maybe The Good, The Bad and the Ugly with Bobba Fett playing the part of Angel Eyes, a young Jabba the Hutt as Tuco and Han Solo as Blondie would be better.

Or perhaps The Searchers done Bobba Fett-style.

Where Eagles Dare starring Han Solo would be bad-ass too.

A movie/mockumentary done ‘reality show style’ based on Dogg the Bounty Hunter, but with Boba Fett and his crew.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]dirtman wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
Upon further review the ruling on the field is overturned. (Thankfully)

What a relief! Haha[/quote]
x2

I thought it was just 7 8 and 9 they were doing or something like that[/quote]

Yeah apparently. I swear that I read a headline saying that Disney had purchased the franchise and was doing some remakes.

I guess that’s what happens when you just read the headlines.[/quote]

George Lucas said that he wanted to remake the OT to bring them in line with the prequels (that was before the sale of Lucasfilm).

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
A movie/mockumentary done ‘reality show style’ based on Dogg the Bounty Hunter, but with Boba Fett and his crew.[/quote]

I would watch. Perhaps he can also get caught spouting a bunch of N bombs as well(or the Star Wars equivalent).

“I’m gonna kill Solo and his goddamn furback friend.”

A rumor has developed that John Noble from FRINGE was to be the next Star Wars villain, this has allegedly been debunked.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
A movie/mockumentary done ‘reality show style’ based on Dogg the Bounty Hunter, but with Boba Fett and his crew.[/quote]

I would watch. Perhaps he can also get caught spouting a bunch of N bombs as well(or the Star Wars equivalent).

“I’m gonna kill Solo and his goddamn furback friend.”[/quote]

bwahaha! That would be FUCKING HILARIOUS. I would pay double just to hear the Fett spout that line.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]dirtman wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
Upon further review the ruling on the field is overturned. (Thankfully)

What a relief! Haha[/quote]
x2

I thought it was just 7 8 and 9 they were doing or something like that[/quote]

Yeah apparently. I swear that I read a headline saying that Disney had purchased the franchise and was doing some remakes.

I guess that’s what happens when you just read the headlines.[/quote]

George Lucas said that he wanted to remake the OT to bring them in line with the prequels (that was before the sale of Lucasfilm).
[/quote]

I would have killed myself, or maybe him, if he had tried. How somebody csn bring to life something so amazing and epic and fucking murder dismember, and hide the pieces of his own legacy with abortions like episode 1-3…i will never understand. why, George? Why??

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

How somebody csn bring to life something so amazing and epic and fucking murder dismember, and hide the pieces of his own legacy with abortions like episode 1-3…i will never understand. why, George? Why??[/quote]

We should’ve seen it coming:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

“I’m gonna kill Solo and his goddamn furback friend.”[/quote]

Star Wars N bomb = Nerfherder