T Nation

Star Struck

My mom worked for Mario Lemieux’s orthopedic surgeon when I was a kid. I was a huge hockey fan back then, and he was basically God to me. So one day she told me he was going to be coming into the office and she called me off school so I could go to work with her and meet him.

He was very friendly, but I was so in awe I don’t think I even said anything except ask for his autograph (still have it too, even though I’m not a memorabilia guy).

Otherwise I have run into a few Steelers around the bars in town, but I leave them alone. Kimo von Oelhoffen once inadvertently flicked a lit cigarette onto me though. That was pretty funny.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The first time I met Ed Coan. I’m hopefully going to the Arnold Classic this year, so I’m hoping to meet a shitload of more famous people.

CS

One time I was at a bar and not getting service but the guy next to me was even though I got to the bar first. Looked over. It explained the 599 Ferrari out front. It was Ray Allen, I made a joke about it, he bought my beer. I live in CT, by ESPN so I see athletes and anchors all the time. This was the only time something out of the ordinary happened though.

I’ve met quite a few completely random famous people over the course of my life…

-David Carradine (RIP): They filmed several episodes of “Kung Fu - The Legend Continues” near my high school. Spoke to him on a semi-regular basis as he liked to walk around between takes. Actually got to the point to where he remembered my name and would dispense general life advice! Really nice guy.

-Hacksaw Jim Duggan/Ted DiBiase: These guys would travel around Japan, wrestling in shitty high school gyms to audiences of 50-60 people. Travelled with Kamala, the Legion of Doom guy who didn’t die, and a bunch of others who I didn’t get to meet. DiBiase was very intelligent and articulate, did not realize that he is an ordained minister. Went out for beers with Hacksaw - lots of fun, his wrestling persona is pretty much exactly how he is in real life. Night got awkward when he tried to get one of my female colleagues back to his tour bus.

-Sid Justice: Met him at Pearson airport and asked for his autograph. He seemed very confused with this request and signed it “Sig J…”.

-Hugh Jackman: They filmed about 20 seconds of X-Men in my hometown. Overheard Hugh at a local pub talking about the film shoot. I had no idea who the hell he was and figured he must have been an extra or a lighting technician. Somebody who he was with informed me that he was playing Wolverine. Really nice guy, shot the shit for a while.

-Trey Parker (South Park): Biggest fucking asshole I’ve ever met. Told him I was a huge fan when I ran into him in Tokyo and he looked at me like I shit in a tortilla and served it to him. Has huge bitch tits.

Quite a few others as well.

^^^ Funny…that cop in the first X-Men that has his own gun point at his head and the bullet slowly comes out into his forehead thanks to the powers of Magneto was an acquaintance of mine!

I worked at a strip club in Boston, one frequented by wwf wrestlers when they would wrestle in the garden. One day Andre the giant came in,from what I wss told he loved the bartender Susie, it was awesome and sad because it wss toward the end of his lofe and he wa in a scooter to get around. Anyway this guy was hardassing Susie and I went over
To grt the guy to leave, all of a sudden an enormous but surprisngly friendly handd engulfed my shoulder and Andre said he would handle it. He stood up with great effrot walked over and proceeded to put his whole hand over the guys head it was grwat the guy apologized and shit his pants.

I just read somewhere that one time he drank 127 beers and passed out in a hotel lobby and no one could move him.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
UM A few times I met paul plakas and one time he gave me his autograph.

Ahem, it reads…

To Jen:
Eat clean, train hard.

Paul Plakas

Yeah, he came into the gym I was working at and they filmed this show there and I was just jumping all over the place. WHAt a great day that was!

I also met local weather man mike sobel. He used to run this TV thingie called disney afternoon and stuff, so he was like double famous.

UMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I met a famous Deaf comedian C J jones one time. That was also cool.

Ya, I get star struck very easy apparently.[/quote]

So, your real name is Jen, huh? :-)[/quote]

Yes, but since then I’ve added an “n” so people call me Jenn. I thought it made me seem more mature.
Maybe when I hit 30 I’ll let people call me Jennifer.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I just read somewhere that one time he drank 127 beers and passed out in a hotel lobby and no one could move him.[/quote]
Not surprising his hand engulfed my shoulder and the clown who was screwing around his head almost disappeared under his hand.

Its not his fault being the biggest and the strongest, he doesn’t even exercise.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
Its not his fault being the biggest and the strongest, he doesn’t even exercise. [/quote]

Bro: Do you even lift?

Andre: No…(picks up a couple of pianos in one hand and a keg in the other and leaves)

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
Its not his fault being the biggest and the strongest, he doesn’t even exercise. [/quote]

Bro: Do you even lift?

Andre: No…(picks up a couple of pianos in one hand and a keg in the other and leaves)[/quote]

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
I’ve met just about every wrestler who I ever liked growing up while training on the Indy circuit…

A lot of old school E.C.W and 90s W.W.F. Attitude guys…

Almost met Chyna [/quote]

I met Mike Jones, a.k.a. Virgil about a year and a half ago. He liked to hang out and have a coffee while reading the news paper at a convenience store near the college I went to.
[/quote]

Obviously a lie.

We all know you never went to college.

;-)[/quote]

HG! How did you hijack Chushins account?!?

OK, so it wasn’t a tier one university, and security chased me away after a couple of hours, but I was there!

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Awesome story [/quote]

Thanks. Kind of random, I know.

Who would think a singer could do that to a grown man? And he’s not even a good singer. Just a heck of a song writer.[/quote]

Mostly Archbishops and Cardinals, haven’t met the Pope though.

Met Cardinal Dolan (the man who prayed at the end of the DNC and RNC) not too long ago when I went up to New York for a meeting, I was silent for half a second before he had me laughing and then I went on like a giddy school girl trying to remember every joke from Fulton J. Sheen, Bill Cosby, the Cardinal himself, &c. and every funny anecdote I could come up with to make the man laugh as hard as I was. We were late to the meeting by 5 minutes or so, because we’d been standing there for fifteen minutes joking. To break the tension he put the blame on me and the group we walked in with started laughing again.

The only reason I guess he tried to make me laugh is that he probably he saw that I couldn’t speak beyond nervously mumbling “Your Eminence” and kissing his ring when I first met him. By the way, this was in front of his entourage of Archbishops, Bishops, Priests, and Deacons, whom I forgot to pay my respects.

No one probably will get it, but he’s been a hero of mine for a few years now.

I got to meet Christopher Titus. He was a great, down to earth guy. I’m a huge fan of his.

I also met Duncan Sheik at a Matchbox20 concert back in '96 or '97 I forget exactly when.

I have been star struck two times in my life.

First time I was 4 or 5 and me and my parents walked into a film set in the middle of Oslo, They where
shooting a new season of my favorite kids series at the time in Norway. I was totally shocked and got scared and wanted to get away from there. I didnt talk to any of the actors because I was scared LOL.
( the series was called broedrene dal, but I bet nobody outside of norway have heard about it )

The second time was perhaps 6-7 years ago at a bar in Oslo when I met a Norwegian vocalist named sivert hoyem who I am a huge fan of. I turned into a 14 year old school girl in an instant and just said the typical: " love your stuff dude" etc. I beat myself up about that some time after. I hate that I didnt take a beer with him and acted like guy haha.

I used to run a security crew at my university and we worked a lot of concerts and other shows. Exchanged a few words with Henry Rollins once.

Mostly, I was just telling ‘rockstars’ to put out their weed until they were off campus grounds. I can’t remember being star-struck by too many bands or entertainers. Generally speaking I was just jealous that all the girls wanted them and not me. No love for security.