T Nation

Star Complex/Superhero Questions

I plan to start the 6 Weeks to Superhero program in a couple weeks. Before I start I’ve got a few questions:

1. The training split in the program is 2 on/1 off/2 on/2 off. I’m currently using your training profile of 2 on/1 off/1 on/1 off/1 on/1 off - can this work for this program? Or is the template in the program a more optimal work/rest cycle based on the demands of the workouts?

2. My back is a weak link - I cannot even do a single strict unassisted pull-up/chin-up. Is there room in the program to work on these, or would it be better to simply focus on the star complexes?
    (Follow-up: if there is room for chin-ups, what do you suggest?)

3. I understand the star complexes are draining and demanding, and therefore you do not recommend heavy work on off days. What do you recommend for a stimulus addict on off days? Walking? Low volume isolation work? Neural Charge? Warmups like Agile 8?

4. I plan to do the whole program as written using the star complexes you’ve created. For the future, I was wondering if you had developed a star complex for the back. I assume these would have to based around a single movement, like chin-ups as one complex, horizontal row as another, etc. I just can’t figure out how to spread out those movements along a wider strength spectrum. Any ideas?