T Nation

Stanley Kubrick

For all those who believe the moon landing was faked, how the hell was the US government able to convince the thousands of scientists and engineers from universities and private institutions across the country who worked on the project to stay quiet for so long.

I have a professor whose graduate work included design research on the reentry modular. Is the old man in on it, or did the government pay the MIT instrumentation laboratory millions of dollars and give them impossible deadlines to design shit they were never going to use as a front?

Oh wait! Someone watched the Shining on acid, had an epiphany, and discredited thousands of the greatest minds this country has ever produced.

Some people are unbelievably stupid…

HH, the US and the Soviet Union were in a very cutthroat race to the moon. Both sides used spies to get in on the information. Don’t you think that if the SU had any INKLING that we had faked the moon landing, that they would’ve revealed it to the world in order to completely humiliate and deface our image?

Do you guys all think we went to the moon with the technology available then? Why haven’t we been back, now 40 years later? Should be a helluva lot easier now, don’cha think?

I suspect that we do go to the moon, but not publicly.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Do you guys all think we went to the moon with the technology available then? Why haven’t we been back, now 40 years later? Should be a helluva lot easier now, don’cha think?

I suspect that we do go to the moon, but not publicly.[/quote]

We’ve had our differences in the past, but I have just concluded, with all sincerity, with no hint of animosity or attempt to bait you, that there is simply no possibility that you are the teacher that you have claimed to be. Either that, or the bar to be a teacher is frighteningly low…oh wait, I’m thinking back to some of my very own teachers. Yes sir, you probably are a teacher.

Tell me, when you post this drivel, do you wear your aluminum tin foil hat to make sure the government is not reading your thoughts so that your treason will not be discovered? I mean, with this being a secret and all…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

We don’t put men on the moon anymore because the technology now is such that we can gather just as much info about the moon without putting men on it. It’s still extremely expensive to do, but it’s much cheaper to do so without having to provide a vehicle large enough and safe enough to hold several astronauts. NASA just gathered a bunch of info about what’s below the surface of the moon. It was way cheaper and simpler to blast a satellite into the surface at 4,000mph than it would be to put men on the moon to drill below the surface.

People who believe that JFK was killed by the CIA are conspiracy theorists. People who believe Stanley Kubrick of all people faked the Apollo moon landings are beyond ignorant.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Tell me, when you post this drivel, do you wear your aluminum tin foil hat to make sure the government is not reading your thoughts so that your treason will not be discovered? I mean, with this being a secret and all…

[/quote]

hahahaha

There is no doubt in my mind that the Moon landings happened,and I personally consider them to be one of the pinnacles of human achievement.I went to Cape Canaveral around 20 years back,impressive place.

http://jayweidner.com/AlchemicalKubrickIIa.html

Proving the landings were faked.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
There is no doubt in my mind that the Moon landings happened,and I personally consider them to be one of the pinnacles of human achievement.I went to Cape Canaveral around 20 years back,impressive place.[/quote]

X2

I could not stop staring at the saturn rocket…fucking massive.

They have pictures of the shit they left up there. From Hubble I think…maybe those are fake too :wink:

Capricorn 1 was a cool movie though.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:

Proving the landings were faked. [/quote]

Anyone that can read this and accept it as fact lackd critical thinking skills.

Fuzzyapple wrote:

Proving the landings were faked.

Anyone that can read this and accept it as fact lackd critical thinking skills.
[/quote]

I’m on no one’s side with agreeing that it is or isn’t fake lol Just interesting to read.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:

Just interesting to read. [/quote]

I hear Harry Potter is as well…but both are works of complete fiction…

Fuzzyapple wrote:

Just interesting to read.

I hear Harry Potter is as well…but both are works of complete fiction…[/quote]

I like you.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:

I like you. [/quote]

LOL …

A much better read, if you are truly troubled by HH’s link of fiction and fantasy…

http://www.clavius.org/

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:

I like you. [/quote]

Get a room you two.

Really? Conspiracies on T-Nation? I thought you were all smarter than that.

9/11 was orchestrated by the US government.

The CIA killed Kennedy.

Santa Claus.

You know what these have in common?

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:

The CIA killed Kennedy.

Santa Claus.

You know what these have in common?[/quote]

The NWO?

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Mad HORSE wrote:

The CIA killed Kennedy.

Santa Claus.

The NWO?[/quote]

Freemasons?

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
Mad HORSE wrote:

The CIA killed Kennedy.

Santa Claus.

The NWO?

Freemasons?[/quote]

Bodypart split routines?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

The answer is more of a sociological one rather than a technical one. NASA is a sclerotic beauracracy incapable of doing anything but robotic probes now. There’s neither the political will or the funding to put humans on the moon.

What happened during the cold war was a rare alginment of circumstances. Kennedy wanted to beat the Russians to the moon to prove to them and the world America was superior.

When Johnson took over after his assasination, he was willing to keep the program going. When Nixon took over, he had already terminated Apollo missions after 17. The moon program had been killed before we even set fot on the moon, Nixon had no propaganda use for it. NASA had the funding to keep it going through Apollo 17 and then it died. The Saturn V launcher was used one more time after Apollo 17 in another propaganda event (Apollo/Soyuz), it was then retired because the go ahead was given on the space shuttle program.

NASA is primarily a jobs program for government employed engineers, small groups of them can get together to make a small rover to roll around on Mars, but doing anything beyond that is too much for them now.