T Nation

Stanley Kubrick

"What Mrs. Kubrick discovered was that - instead of making a science fiction film called 2001: A Space Odyssey - her husband was really working to create the fake Apollo moon landings.

At this point the film finally gets really interesting. Frightened by this revelation Wendy (Stanley’s wife) wants Jack (Stanley) to quit the Project.

Jack (Stanley) angrily replies: “That is so typical of you! â?¦ I’ve made an agreement â?¦ I have obligations to my employers!”

Danny uses The Shining to contact Dick Halorann in Florida (which I might add is where Apollo 11 was launched). Dick laboriously travels from Florida to Colorado.

In another abrupt break with the novel, Jack Torrance kills Halorann as soon as he arrives at the Overlook (so much for Halorann’s psychic abilities!)

While I think this scene is very disturbing and I doubt if I can ever prove this but I think Stanley Kubrick is telling us something very definite with this alteration to the King novel.

I believe that the naïve side of him, represented by Danny, told someone that he, Kubrick, was faking the Apollo missions. He may even have told this person that he was faking the lunar landings for NASA while also appearing to produce the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. Halloran is the representation of the person that Kubrick mistakenly revealed this most secret of all information. Because of that, Halloran, or the person who Stanley told, had to die."

http://www.jayweidner.com/ShiningSecrets3.html

?

Everyone has seen ‘The Shining’, and wondered why Kubrick altered the movie so drastically. Was it to increase the audience? Unknown. But the list of odd coincidences in the movie can lead to suspicion about what Kubrick was trying to say. Was it ‘just a movie’ or something more?

Brilliant as he was, he was obviously a very troubled soul.

Eh…No

So did he deliberately make all of those scientific mistakes in the making of 2001 in order to make the moon landings seem more real?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Everyone has seen ‘The Shining’, and wondered why Kubrick altered the movie so drastically. Was it to increase the audience? Unknown. But the list of odd coincidences in the movie can lead to suspicion about what Kubrick was trying to say. Was it ‘just a movie’ or something more?

Brilliant as he was, he was obviously a very troubled soul.[/quote]

Kubricks films are steeped with occult meaning. To the uniniated, this would be head scratching stuff and maybe fodder for conspiracy theorists. But faking the moon landings? HH, a teacher, an intelligent man, tell me you don’t believe this stuff…

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
So did he deliberately make all of those scientific mistakes in the making of 2001 in order to make the moon landings seem more real?[/quote]

No. He was trying to convey a sense of transmutation, that man is a work in process and not at his ‘final destination’.

‘Shining’ is his attempt to tell us that the moon landings are fake, and that he was in charge of faking the first landing. Even if you don’t click the link, look at the photos and tell me that astronauts in clumsy suits could take such magnificent photos. Even when faking for our masters he’s telling us its a con job. Just gotta be smart enough to figure it out…

wow…you’re serious. hmmm.

OK I have just read the link. What a load of tosh, for a start the distance to the moon is on average 239,000 miles not 237 so that kills one of the arguments he makes. Another one is that the hotel has A shapes in its structure. Well most buildings do so not sure what point he is making.

And his analysis of the photography is just ridiculous.

H.H…this one’s a miss.You do come up with some interesting stuff every now and then,but not this one.I don’t think you really believe the landings were faked,you’re a bright guy.C-.

Fucking hell,the guy believes that the Nazis had super advanced flying saucer technology,and that the U.S. got hold of it after the war.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
Fucking hell,the guy believes that the Nazis had super advanced flying saucer technology,and that the U.S. got hold of it after the war. [/quote]

That is one of the saner things he believes.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:
Fucking hell,the guy believes that the Nazis had super advanced flying saucer technology,and that the U.S. got hold of it after the war.

That is one of the saner things he believes.[/quote]

Actually, I saw this on the History channel presented as fact. The Nazis experimented with a saucer-shaped aircraft and the US, I believe with the help of Werner Von Braun, tried to continue the research but ultimately concluded it was not an effective design. It’s a perfectly plausible story and has nothing to do with extra-terrestrial life.

[quote]WhistlingGypsy wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:

Actually, I saw this on the History channel presented as fact. The Nazis experimented with a saucer-shaped aircraft and the US, I believe with the help of Werner Von Braun, tried to continue the research but ultimately concluded it was not an effective design. It’s a perfectly plausible story and has nothing to do with extra-terrestrial life.[/quote]

I know saucer shape craft have been experimented with. This guys theory though is that the Nazis had the technology for interplanetary travel and the scientists defected to the US.

[quote]WhistlingGypsy wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:

Actually, I saw this on the History channel presented as fact. The Nazis experimented with a saucer-shaped aircraft and the US, I believe with the help of Werner Von Braun, tried to continue the research but ultimately concluded it was not an effective design. It’s a perfectly plausible story and has nothing to do with extra-terrestrial life.[/quote]

Did I say anything about extraterrestrial life?I’m well aware of the research into saucer shaped aircraft.Read the link.The guy goes on about how they supposedly had clean limitless energy powerplants that could have solved all the world’s problems blah blah and how Kennedy was assassinated because he was made aware of the project and he wanted to make it public.and a whole lot of other shit.

What’s Arthur C. Clarke’s role in this whole 2001 thing? I mean he wrote most of the screenplay with Kubrick and then wrote the book as a novelized version of the screenplay. Was he part of this whole “faking tht moon-landing” thing too? What about Stephen King and The Shining?

First off, fuck the first post. I mean, darn, I feel like some monkey just ate my brain, then spit it back and molded it into the correct proportions.

Also, that’s . . .

And finally, if anyone think’s HH is actually a teacher, then you may want to re-read a few of his posts.

HH, I take back what I said about you in the other thread :D.

[quote]Vash wrote:

And finally, if anyone think’s HH is actually a teacher, then you may want to re-read a few of his posts.[/quote]

I wont do that. really

Something to add to the Kubrick/Moon mythos…just hearsay mind you, but when he shot Barry Lyndon he used lenses from NASA so he could shoot scenes in candlelight. Apparently they were overnighted (or whatever the equivalent was back then) as a thank you for staging a back up moon landing in case the actual one didn’t take.

Conspiracies are fun but hard to spell. I really haven’t seen enough of his stuff to be honest…