Standing Pull Down's Correct Form

What is the correct way to perform a standing pulldown at the lateral pulldown tower?

1.Stand Parallel to the bar about one foot away
2. Hands overhand grip on end portions of pulldown bar

Emphasis: Abs, Deltoids, Trapezius, Rhomboids

What parts of the upper back does the standing pulldown target?

In this video, he’s training with a lot of momentum and lack of isolation. Seems to offer more range of motion and more development.

For someone not on anabolics is it ok to swing like he’s doing or better to tighten the abs, hold the torso straight and use only the levator, trapezius, lattisumus to stricly pull down with no movement of the toros, with the sole movement being restricted to the arms and muscles around the latissimus.

For someone not on anabolics? That is a dumbass question as if someone on gear should have different form than someone whos not?

Get the fuck out of here

[quote]Patranator wrote:
For someone not on anabolics is it ok to swing like he’s doing or better to tighten the abs, hold the torso straight and use only the levator, trapezius, lattisumus to stricly pull down with no movement of the toros, with the sole movement being restricted to the arms and muscles around the latissimus.
[/quote]
I don’t even…

Op, I took my avatar pic just for you, FACEPALM

He is doing hip hinges so try to focus on glutes and a different colored cap.

He’s not swinging wildly. Dude in the video knows EXACTLY how to recruit his teres and lats judging by the position of his head and body movement towards the end of each rep. Contrast this with the T-Nation Kayak rows video where a certain poster was hunching his neck forward throwing his upper traps into the movement instead.