Standing Dead Guy: Creepy or Not?

[quote]chillain wrote:
“And so…in accordance with what his dying wishes might well have been…”

[/quote]

AH! I’m still laughing my ass off. I loved that scene.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
It is no more strange than burning a body to a crisp and then throwing the ashes over the railing of a cruise ship.

In fact, it isn’t much more strange than having a group of people cry and throw fits at a ceremony when the person they are crying over is dead, passed over, made the transition and no doubt not very depressed about their own death at that moment.

The living make death a theatrical affair because we are afraid of it and we miss the people we lost. It actually makes no truly logical sense at all…so if a man wants his dead body standing upright so family can cry to his face…so be it.[/quote]

I don’t really care what the religious undertones are of what people want done with their corpses when they die. It is what it is, and different cultures do different shit.

I put myself at the guys wake, and I have to confess I would be more than a little creeped out. I have sort of a phobia about dead people. I never view a body, I damn sure don’t touch a dead body, and I couldn’t imagine going to a party where the guest of honor is embalmed and propped up in the corner.

I mean the guy can do whatever he wants as far as I’m concerned, but I won’t be at the after party.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
I hope they are cracking a beer and recollecting on what a fun, crazy, helpful and generous guy I was.[/quote]

They’ll probably recollect how humble you were, too.

wasnt this almost homer simpsons idea? to be stuffed after he died and put in his usually spot on the couch?