Standards for a 200lb Man?

Everyone …shut up.

The class of 2009 have a lot to learn when it comes to taking the piss out of someone.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
true, if you’re too high up you wont be able to get in enough H2O (thats oxygen for you guys who arent bio majors) [/quote]

ROFL

[quote]The1andOnly wrote:
The other Rob wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
Barbell Standard Grip Bench? - 187.5
Dumbbell Curl? 31.997
EZ Bar Curl? Depends if its raining or not
Dumbbell Shoulder Press? Depending on the time zone, 90.666
Standard Barbell Squat? Are you wearing gloves?
Front Squat? Ten.

No way man you forgot to factor in wind resistance and the position of the moon. That could put your numbers out by 0.000000017

Unplausable.[/quote]

That isn’t a word.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
dankid wrote:
The other Rob wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
Dumbbell Curl? 31.997
Front Squat? Ten.

No way man you forgot to factor in wind resistance and the position of the moon. That could put your numbers out by 0.000000017

Guys… Dont forget to factor in the elevation.

true, if you’re too high up you wont be able to get in enough H2O (thats oxygen for you guys who arent bio majors) and that could cause you to work harder than you have to. why do you think navy seals are so badass? they train on a ship, only a few feet above sea level, they are oxygen RICH!!![/quote]

That explains why Air Force Seals are such pussies, they don’t have enough H2O when training in those jets and it’s a bitch squeezing a squat rack into the cock pit (he said cock) of an F16.

H20 ain’t oxygen you moron, it’s gaz they put in cars to make them faster.

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
All that matters is your max tricep kickback[/quote]

Very good.

[quote]Nich P wrote:
I’m sure some of you will think this is a stupid question, but for those that don’t, I’m curious how much weight you all think a 200lb man (30yrs old) should be able to lift for say 6-8 reps?

Barbell Standard Grip Bench?
Dumbbell Curl?
EZ Bar Curl?
Dumbbell Shoulder Press?
Standard Barbell Squat?
Front Squat?

Thanks for the input. Feel free to add any other staple exercises and weights, but let’s keep it for a 30 year old 200lb man.[/quote]

aim for atleast: bench 1.5X bw, squat 2X bw, f squat 1.75X bw, the other lifts shouldn’t matter.

I love how everyone is such an asshole! haha

[quote]dankid wrote:
The other Rob wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
Dumbbell Curl? 31.997
Front Squat? Ten.

Guys… Dont forget to factor in the elevation.[/quote]

You both forgot to factor in whether or not he is holding a shoe.

It depends how much you have had to drink. For example: When I was a young man doing the bar scene the standards that I had when I went in drastically changed as the night went on and the whiskey took control of my brain.

[quote]RTJenforcer wrote:
dankid wrote:
The other Rob wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
Dumbbell Curl? 31.997
Front Squat? Ten.

Guys… Dont forget to factor in the elevation.

You both forgot to factor in whether or not he is holding a shoe.
[/quote]
“The electromagnetic permitivity of the medium one is doing rack curls in, is directly proportional to the weight one can curl. Smith, et al (2008)”

Guys, I thought this was obvious

[quote]jakjak824 wrote:
I love how everyone is such an asshole! haha[/quote]

Hey fuck you! :wink:

Unusual request, being in the 6-8 rep range and all. I’m 40, am 6’1", weigh between 195 and 205, and train pretty religiously. My figures for the lifts you asked about are based on a slight rounding down in weight from what I normally do for five reps on my heavy days:
Barbell Standard Grip Bench – I bench with dumbbells, so I’m not sure how well this’d translate for you, but I’d work with 110’s or 115’s for 6 reps.
Dumbbell Curl – 60’s
EZ Bar Curl – 120-ish, trying desperately not to cheat (and often giving in on rep 5 or 6)
Dumbbell Shoulder Press – with strict form, 65’s (tho I’m often tempted to push press so I can use a less embarrassing weight)
Standard Barbell Squat – 315 to 320
Front Squat – 200, but only while I’m beet-red and grunting and swearing, looking like I’m going drop a load in the squat rack (weak, I know).

Just curious, why these particular lifts? Why not deadlifts, dips, chins, bent rows, cleans, etc?

LOL at TWO exercises to determine a standard for bicep strength, and NO back exercise standards

Somebody doesn’t curl very much.

A 200 lbs man?

This is a powerlifting forum. 198 lbs category? 220? Are you guys even trying anymore?

This site has gone from bad to worse…

I don’t get it guys. Yes, it’s a powerlifting forum and I agree that it would be more practical to think in terms of an actual weight class. But my guess is that the thread starter is just a guy trying to get a general sense of where he is in terms of strength development and he comes here because the rest of the world mocks and derides the pursuit of strength. Some of you jackasses can’t see questions like his as anything other than a chance to compensate for your underendowment and the fact that daddy didn’t pay enough attention to you. Grow the f*ck up.

There’re some pretty strong guys on this site, but what percentage of the frequent posters would qualify as “good” according the these strength standards: Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION? I’d guess that less than 50% of the people who post on this site would meet criteria for “good” across all of the listed movements, and that fewer that 10% would qualify as “great” according to those standards. Granted, I’m pulling these estimates out of my ass but, what the hell, it’s an internet forum. Sue me.

We’ve got all these guys now on the site who’re acting like they’re something more than what they really are: enthusiastic amateurs who are reasonably strong relative to the general population (and that’s giving them the benefit of the doubt). Here’s a thought: for those of you badasses who mock constantly and are too cool to answer a f*cking question, post video evidence of your impressive strength on your profile or shut the hell up.

And, no, I’m not claiming any extraordinary strength or unusual knowledge. I’m no better than “good” on the lifts listed. I realize that, while I may be pretty strong in the eyes of the untrained and undertrained people in the “soft” gym where I lift, I’m nothing compared to the guys who do this stuff at a high level. I’m just a guy with a family, a tough job, and too little time, who enjoys the simplicity, the purity of training.

It used to be that coming to this site was a welcome relief from the general population of schlubs who can’t understand “why you do all that stuff if it hurts.” And to be fair, in the fantastic articles and some forums it is still a pleasant place of like-minded adults. The problem is that we now have too many pissant wannabe’s dressed in their size medium affliction t-shirts and walking around with their elbows stuck out like someone shoved a stick up their hairless pubescent asses. Again, grow the f*ck up.

[quote]The other Rob wrote:
Is everything repeating itself or is it just me?[/quote]

Is everything repeating itself or is it just me?

Jack Urboady?