Stan McQuay in Muscle & Fitness

So I was coming back from my ski trip out from PArk City and I picked up a Muscle and Fitness mag to read on the plane.

When I saw a spread of Stan in the mag. The article was on rest-pause split training which was actually pretty interesting.

The thing that got me was Stan was doing a Smith Machine Squat in the article. Now I know he probably has no say over this stuff. But I have been seeing a surge in Smith machine back squats and front squats.

Is the Smith machine trend coming back or what?

[quote]five-twelve wrote:
So I was coming back from my ski trip out from PArk City and I picked up a Muscle and Fitness mag to read on the plane.

When I saw a spread of Stan in the mag. The article was on rest-pause split training which was actually pretty interesting.

The thing that got me was Stan was doing a Smith Machine Squat in the article. Now I know he probably has no say over this stuff. But I have been seeing a surge in Smith machine back squats and front squats.

Is the Smith machine trend coming back or what? [/quote]

Doubtful. Smith Machines just look safer in pictures. It’s either that or they use fake weights or really light weights.

Take LL Cool J’s or Sly’s book for example. They have LL doing deadlifts with a 40lb barbell in the book, and he’s making it look challenging. In Sly’s book he actually makes the comment that he doesn’t like squats unless they are in a Smith machine, and even then he thinks there are safer and better exercises that do the same thing.

[quote]five-twelve wrote:
I saw a spread of Stan in the mag. [/quote]

Uhh…Huh…Huh.huh…!

On somewhat of an unrelated note, about a month ago he was featured on bb.com and guess what t-shirt he was wearing in the picture? Ha, a T-Nation shirt.

I have nothing to say about this thread.

Except, The butthead picture rules!

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
I have nothing to say about this thread.

Except, The butthead picture rules!
[/quote]
…and that Zombies are on the way

ha!
…sorry -I’ve been chuckling about that all day!

peace

:wink: