Stallone Training for Rocky

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Radjxf wrote:
I hate to be the turd in the punchbowl, but this guy has probably juiced on and off for 40 yrs! He was recently busted I think in Australia for having numerous drugs, i.e. test, GH, etc, without scripts. I do admit digging some of his movies in the 80’s!

What difference does that make? Are you saying that without the gear he would not train as hard? That he would be just another aging movie star? He has built and maintained a physique that, even at 60, is better than 98% of the people on this site.

I really don’t get these anti-AAS folks. They seem to think that if you juice, you are automatically disqualified from life.

He’s not juicing, or taking gh to win a competition. He’s just doing it for himself.

I smell jealousy.

[/quote]

Second that.

I wathced “Rocky Balboa” recently, and I don’t get why Rocky would do 1RM for 500-lb squats and 315-lb clean and jerks (olympic style, not power style) as part of his boxing training. I mean I don’t think stuff like that would carry over to the boxing ring. Then again, it’s just a movie…

mtotry, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t your avatar a pic of Stallone from training for Rambo III? Even if the movie was a little over-the-top, I still view Stallone’s physique in that film as that of the ultimate killing machine.

Is there any info on what he did to get in that kind of shape? He did look incredible in Rocky Balboa, but it was more of a “this is achievable for the common man” kind of thing.

[quote]Tulkastaldo wrote:
mtotry, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t your avatar a pic of Stallone from training for Rambo III? Even if the movie was a little over-the-top, I still view Stallone’s physique in that film as that of the ultimate killing machine.

Is there any info on what he did to get in that kind of shape? He did look incredible in Rocky Balboa, but it was more of a “this is achievable for the common man” kind of thing.[/quote]

Hi Tulkastaldo,

Your correct my avatar is when he was preparing for Rambo 3.

Here is another one…

[quote]Tulkastaldo wrote:

Is there any info on what he did to get in that kind of shape? He did look incredible in Rocky Balboa, but it was more of a “this is achievable for the common man” kind of thing.[/quote]

here is another shot of him training for rambo 3…

Rambo: First Blood Part II

I heard there was going to be another Rambo coming out soon…

I just watched the trailer for Rambo IV – Holy #%$* it is going to be the best one yet!

John Rambo. Hmm, I see a trend here… Who was Stallone’s character in Cliffhanger?

Yeah, when I saw that Rambo IV trailer I was pretty excited. He looked like a modern day Beowulf, slicing through those poor, genocidal fools. I heard he is going for more of a “lumberjack” physique for John Rambo. Looks more like a backwoods farmer from hell.