T Nation

Stalling on Stronglifts. Any Help?

so i was doing stronglifts 5x5 then i switch to 3x5 which is basically starting strength, i dont know what to do next i have stalled on the last two weeks at 100 overhead press i get 2 sets of 5 and fail on the last set 4th rep. I predict i might stall on squat soon i did 3x5 210lbs.

[quote]marvin1993 wrote:
so i was doing stronglifts 5x5 then i switch to 3x5 which is basically starting strength, i dont know what to do next i have stalled on the last two weeks at 100 overhead press i get 2 sets of 5 and fail on the last set 4th rep. I predict i might stall on squat soon i did 3x5 210lbs.[/quote]

Haven’t you read the stronglifts book and/or website?

“use the deloads to figure out when to switch from StrongLifts 5x5 to StrongLifts 3x5. You should switch to 3x5 after you deload 2x on a lift.”

“Eventually you’ll also no longer make progress with StrongLifts 3x5. You will here too start stalling and deloading, making little progress. Solution: switch from 1x5 after 2 deloads to plummet the volume and increase your recovery.”

"After another 2 deloads on your Squat with StrongLifts 1x5 it’s time to switch to StrongLifts Intermediate. This is what I call the “StrongLifts Ladder of Strength” which as the name implies is not pick and choose, it’s a ladder. And like with every single other ladder, you start at the bottom and then climb it by choosing the next program in the list as you get stronger and no longer make progress with the previous training program.

1. StrongLifts 5x5
  2. StrongLIfts 3x5
  3. StrongLifts 1x5
  4. StrongLifts Intermediate
  5. StrongLifts Advanced

StrongLifts Intermediate and StrongLifts Advanced are obviously outside of the scope of
this book, but you can find more information about both programs on StrongLifts.com"

Keep lifting. Eat more protein.

Eat more food.