T Nation

Staley: Best Quarter Ever

Big things in the works around here. And by big I mean HUGE. Kind of like the muscles that guy has on that EDT book. Sometime this week Charles is going to emerge from his office and if he see's his shadow....no, that's not it- Oh yeah, he is going to throw out a massive Challenge to our entire list .

I can't really go into too much detail ( unless you want to call me and gossip)- but know this. If you have EVER thought about joining the coaching group over here- then now is THE time to do it.

This is for brand new members who take part in this offer. "Your Best Quarter Ever Transformation Project" winner is going to win an expense paid trip out here to partake in our 2 day training summit 2006 next October. Airfare, hotel, seat. Change your life, that kind of stuff...

Look, I am kind of letting the cat out of the bag to you tpeeps and Charles may withhold my Christmas Bonus for spilling the beans but you all know I love you best and had to let you in on this first. If you wish to get in on this email me a phone number and I will get back to you lickety split, so hurry up -

julianne@staleytraining.com

k...i'm intrigued here.

Sounds AWESOME Jules.

You all are always thinking of the COOLest Schtuff.

It'd be about the only way I could afford to go to one of these. Sounds awesome!

I like a challenge...are we talking a Fear Factor like scenario?

I'm intrigued...I'm not really sure what that means but I see alot of people write that when they are challenged to something that scares them a little.

This seems like quite an offer as:
1. I am in Ireland.
2. I am trying to work out whether this is a deliberate typo 'expense paid trip'? I am going to have my lawyer take a look at this one....is this supposed to be 'expenses paid trip' in that it will be limo's, happy meals and bail money all provided care of Staley? Or is it as printed...'expense paid trip' as in 1. of my expenses paid and if so will this be your choice or mine?

You shouldn't keep a cat in a bag...did you know that the cat in question is actually not a pussy cat but a whip...the cat of nine tails...same as the 'no room to swing a cat'....I know this as being Australian all my distant relatives were happy to see the cat remain in the bag and in such close confines that it couldn't be swung...I only say this as when I read your post I pictured you in the office in some workout gear pulling the bag out of your drawer and swinging that whip above your head......it was probably just me though....so what was I saying....that's right.....I'm interested.

hey will heffernan:

you wrote:I only say this as when I read your post I pictured you in the office in some workout gear pulling the bag out of your drawer and swinging that whip above your head......it was probably just me though....so what was I saying....that's right.....I'm interested.

Actually, I do have a whip but it is not in a bag and without saying too much it has nothing to do with cruelty to animals. Look- you of all people really should do this as you have ALOT of time on your hands and gave this way too much thought. We will change all of that for you if you join the group. And I do mean expenses paid for the winner - airfare, hotel, seat.
Jeez- ok I will even throw in a steak dinner that I myself will pay for.

All of you that are so "intrigued"- email me already so you can get in on this. I dare you-Jules

Ohhhh man. So many things to say and so little opportunity to say them.

Schrodinger's cat

Schrodinger's cat is a famous illustration of the principle in quantum theory of superposition, proposed by Erwin Schrodinger in 1935. Schrodinger's cat serves to demonstrate the apparent conflict between what quantum theory tells us is true about the nature and behavior of matter on the microscopic level and what we observe to be true about the nature and behavior of matter on the macroscopic level.

Here's Schrodinger's (theoretical) experiment: We place a living cat into a steel chamber, along with a device containing a vial of hydrocyanic acid. There is, in the chamber, a very small amount of a radioactive substance. If even a single atom of the substance decays during the test period, a relay mechanism will trip a hammer, which will, in turn, break the vial and kill the cat. The observer cannot know whether or not an atom of the substance has decayed, and consequently, cannot know whether the vial has been broken, the hydrocyanic acid released, and the cat killed.

Since we cannot know, the cat is both dead and alive according to quantum law, in a superposition of states. It is only when we break open the box and learn the condition of the cat that the superposition is lost, and the cat becomes one or the other (dead or alive). This situation is sometimes called quantum indeterminacy or the observer's paradox: the observation or measurement itself affects an outcome, so that it can never be known what the outcome would have been if it were not observed.

We know that superposition actually occurs at the subatomic level, because there are observable effects of interference, in which a single particle is demonstrated to be in multiple locations simultaneously. What that fact implies about the nature of reality on the observable level (cats, for example, as opposed to electrons) is one of the stickiest areas of quantum physics. Schr?dinger himself is rumored to have said, later in life, that he wished he had never met that cat.

And thus the cat remains in the bag.

A quick reality based observational note from my universe: Staley's coaching group 100% fully and totally kicks @ss.

Do anything and everything, however and with whomever, as required to get you in the door! If this includes whips and chains and beads and rose petals and motor oil and broken glass and power tools and Pantera and Will Heffernan, well, good luck!

Dan

[edit: and midgets ... my bad]

"A quick reality based observational note from my universe: Staley's coaching group 100% fully and totally kicks @ss.

Do anything and everything, however and with whomever, as required to get you in the door! If this includes whips and chains and beads and rose petals and motor oil and broken glass and power tools and Pantera and Will Heffernan, well, good luck!"

Dan

Anything but Will Heffernan. There is something not quite right about that man, although I would never say that to his face.

Looking forward to the distance coaching group starting in January.

That's pretty harsh....true but harsh.