Staley 6/29 Prime Time

[quote]Charles Staley wrote:
Don’t be such a pussy…it’s only 113 here right now! Why, when I was a kid, I used to crawl on my hands and knees in 125 degree weather for 4 miles just to get to school![/quote]

What happened to the uphill in the snow part?

Hey, the Dan John interview on your site just ROCKS.

And yes, what is it about front squats that draws so much attention?

Bastard

You’d be surprised how infrequenty we all visit! In fact, I see distant colleagues far more often. I’m planning a get-together with Chad soon, and also Joe Kenn (strength & cond. coach for ASU) who lives about 2 blocks away from my house!

[quote]Tony Schwartz wrote:
Charles-
In light of your conversation with Chad, and seeing as there are so many strength coaches in Arizona (particularly in the Tempe area), I am wondering if you often visit and collaborate.
I know you visited Jay Schroeder in the past. Have you visited with Jay recently? How about Poliquin?[/quote]

[quote]BFG wrote:
Charles Staley wrote:
Don’t be such a pussy…it’s only 113 here right now! Why, when I was a kid, I used to crawl on my hands and knees in 125 degree weather for 4 miles just to get to school!

What happened to the uphill in the snow part?

I did that too

Hey, the Dan John interview on your site just ROCKS.

Thanks, it does. You should see the videos from our last boot camp!

And yes, what is it about front squats that draws so much attention?

Beats me honestly!

Bastard[/quote]

Hey Team, what can we do for a contest tonight to give away another DVD?

We already had poetry and singing…

[quote]Charles Staley wrote:
You’d be surprised how infrequenty we all visit!
[/quote]

Is that because of time contraints or the lack of willingness to share on the part of some coaches?
I have found the people in our industry to be much more difficult to access than they were just a few years ago. Probably due to the recent influx of money.

Nothing that involves a camera, please. I’m stuck at work tonight with no access to one :slight_smile: AF IDMT

in light of the Drt Devany post, just curious, but what does your diet look like?

It’s several things. Time constraints are one. Competitive tension is another. And when you live close to one another, you don’t sense any urgency if that makse sense? you just figure you’ll hook up at some point.

[quote]Tony Schwartz wrote:
Charles Staley wrote:
You’d be surprised how infrequenty we all visit!

Is that because of time contraints or the lack of willingness to share on the part of some coaches?
I have found the people in our industry to be much more difficult to access than they were just a few years ago. Probably due to the recent influx of money.

[/quote]

It’s all over the place I’m afraid! Here’s from today:

7am:

2 cups of Carb Countdown

7:30am: 1/3 cup steel cut oats, 1 apple, 2 scoops of Grow!, 1tsp cinnamon, 2 fish oil caps

10:30am (post workout)
one serving Surge with 4 oz gatorade, 1tsp micronized creatine

1:30pm: 3 chicken legs, green beans, 2 fish oil caps

5:pm 2 chocolate chip cookies

I’ll have dinner later, not sure what Mrs Staley has planned though…

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:
in light of the Drt Devany post, just curious, but what does your diet look like?[/quote]

CS-how long did it take you before you “made” it in the industry, can you describe your early success and failures for us? such as working enviroment and clients

OK, here’s my chronology:

In 1991, I was in Hudson Valley, NY, teaching martial arts, and doing private conditioning for a handful of athletes.

Met Fred Hatfield at a weightlifting meet, and told him I rocked and was looking for an opportunity. he sent me to Santa Barbara, CA, to work for the newly created International Sports Sciences Association.

While at ISSA, I met a lot of famous/influential people, and started writing for Muscle & Fitness and other mags. This started eveything rolling. Started working with various clients in LA area, and along the way, started speaking, consulting, etc., etc.

All of this just gradually evolved over the years until my present situation.

Mistakes? Thankfully nothing too profound. I have made them though. One “mistake” from a professional perspective, was taking so long to learn about business and marketing.

[quote]bigpump23 wrote:
CS-how long did it take you before you “made” it in the industry, can you describe your early success and failures for us? such as working enviroment and clients[/quote]

OK all, gotta run for tonight, see ya all tomorrow…