T Nation

Stair Running

I live in Taipei, Taiwan and we have the 2nd tallest skyscraper in the world, Taipei 101 (my own pic provided)

On June 5th they have a race, 2,046 steps to the 91st floor that I'll be doing...this being the third time.

My gym has one of those stair machines that is actually like a little escalator, so that's mostly how I'll train. My previous best time was 27 minutes. I don't know if I can beat it as I seem to have recurring bronchitis.

I'll try to make some video of some of it. Last will and all that.

I was going to make a joke about how this is 2011 and we have elevators now so old people like you don't need to climb stairs...but this is pretty bad ass. I used to run the the stairs in my 22 story building before and this I fully support your accomplishment, party on Nards.

Thats badass.Do they stagger the runners going up the building in waves?I could see people getting squished lol.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yes, they do. Funny story about that: The last time I did it there was a very large young woman in front of me, maybe 200+lbs and she was 2 groups ahead of me, so maybe 2 minutes before I go....I passed her on the 3rd floor. I doubt she finished.

Try not to slip on all the vomit.

Good luck man, looks awesome.