Stack Suggestions

Can you guys recommend a supp stack for me?

Here are my stats & goals
male, 40 yrs
5’7", 200 lbs
approx 20-22% bodyfat
405# deadlift, 165# shoulder press, 235# Frt Sq, 285# Back Sq, 255# Bench Press, 5k = 28:15 (slow)
My biggest athletic weakness is that I’m a slow runner (1:17 @ 400m, 3:06 @ 800m, 7:45 @ 1 mile)

Training: I do BJJ 3x/wk, Powerlifting 2/wk, & CrossFit MetCon 2x/wk. I’ll rest 2x/wk. I know this doesn’t add up - I’ve incorporated the powerlifting as additional work since I started the BJJ.

Goals: 185 lbs w/ 12% bf. Better recovery, increased conditioning, increased strength, Run FASTER! Ideally, like a good balance, 450 DL, 350 BS, 300 BP & a 6:30 mile.

Overall, I’m not trying to get big. I never do isolation moves. I’m too short & squat to begin with. I’m just looking at a balanced approach & athleticism. Of course I’m older, so recovery/soreness is pretty important.

TIA, John

P.S. - I should note that fat sticks to my ribs like tar. I probably put on muscle easily I’m guessing. Last year I was 230 @ 30+% bf. My weight hasn’t changed in months now but I keep leaning out slowly.

I guess you’re wanting a stack for overall athleticism? Sure.

Creatine
ZMA
Fish Oil

I think the Creatine will really help your workouts count, along with recovery.

The ZMA helps in a plethora of benefits in relations to hard training athletes, but most important there are quite a bit of studies showing a link between ZMA and better sleep.

Fish Oil has far too many benefits, just Google it if your concerned in general. This will help a lot with the inflammation and soreness.

I would recommend Protein Powder, but I don’t think there absolutely necessary. However, if you have that extra dollar you may be interested in 2 Products here, ‘Biotest Surge Recovery’, and ‘Biotest Branched Chain Amino Acids’.

You should wait for some of the other members to chime in I’m sure they have some good suggestions for you as well.

What does your diet look like?

definitely need to see what your diet is. Personally, I would HIGHLY recommend protein powder.

Optimum Nutrition is reasonably priced at 5lb tubs w/ BCAA’s in it. Also, BCCAA from Biotest and Low-Carb Metabolic Drive.

HOT-ROX to kill cravings. Flameout!!! Can’t beat it

Post your diet and perhaps we can help.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
What does your diet look like?[/quote]

For some reason or another, I never ask this question because I always assume that people that are looking for supplements already have their diet in order.

Is it bad for me to put this amount of trust into society? :*(

[quote]Oquendog wrote:
I guess you’re wanting a stack for overall athleticism? Sure.

Creatine
ZMA
Fish Oil

I think the Creatine will really help your workouts count, along with recovery.

The ZMA helps in a plethora of benefits in relations to hard training athletes, but most important there are quite a bit of studies showing a link between ZMA and better sleep.

Fish Oil has far too many benefits, just Google it if your concerned in general. This will help a lot with the inflammation and soreness.

I would recommend Protein Powder, but I don’t think there absolutely necessary. However, if you have that extra dollar you may be interested in 2 Products here, ‘Biotest Surge Recovery’, and ‘Biotest Branched Chain Amino Acids’.

You should wait for some of the other members to chime in I’m sure they have some good suggestions for you as well.[/quote]

Good suggestions and I will add consider Alpha Male.

D

Flameout, HRX, and TRIBEX Gold.

LR

Say NO to NO explode. The name is self explanatory

thx for the replies

I’m a delployed soldier in Kuwait, so I’m pretty well tied to what is offered and it’s fairly consistent
I try to avoid sugar & starch (bread or pasta probably only 2-3 times a wk - noted below)

breakfast: (no starch - ever!)
2 egg Omlette (egg beaters) w/ peppers, onions, mushrooms, ham, cheese, chicken
2 slices of cantaloupe
1/2 grapefruit or 1 cup strawberries
1 coffee
600 ml (about 8 oz) 2% milk
cooked peppers & salsa on the omlette

Lunch:
whatever meat they’re serving (pork, turkey, chicken, beef)
-sometimes w/ gravy - however it comes
3/4 cup diced tomatos
3/4 cup sliced cucumbers
3/4 cup sliced peppers or broccoli
3 or 4 large green olives
large iced tea

DInner:
same as lunch.
I’m eating all the veggies fresh & I like to munch them like chips.
2-3 times a week the entree will be something like lasagna or enchiladas
Other than that, if the entree just sucks, I’ll get a cheeseburger & still eat it w/ my veggies.

After workouts (before bed):
1 scoop Protien shake w/ 8 oz milk

Cheats
2-3 times a week I’ll have a scoop of ice cream
Sunday morning brunch = I’ll sleep in & eat a chocolate donut w/ breakfast

At the moment I eat more fresh veggies than ever before in my life & I drink a lot a water due to the heat. Just gave up Diet Coke too. I workout at night & go to bed beat (sleep well). I started drinking a protien shake before bed & it really helps the waking up starving feeling - LOL

I’ve been here 2 months & have consistently set new PR’s in all my workouts except running. Definitely leaning out (slowly) but only dropped 2-3 lbs on the scale. I might need to cut back the calories a bit to speed it up.

TIA

[quote]Oquendog wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
What does your diet look like?

For some reason or another, I never ask this question because I always assume that people that are looking for supplements already have their diet in order.

Is it bad for me to put this amount of trust into society? :*([/quote]

This guy is doing pretty good, but most of the time people think a supplement takes the place of proper nutrition from real food. They think if their diet sucks all they need is some protein powder and some BCAA and they will get huge. And then when they don’t make any progress, those supplements obviously don’t work.

[quote]tayjeremy wrote:
Say NO to NO explode. The name is self explanatory [/quote]

lol now why dont people just take that on board…