SSRI and Fat Loss After Discontinuation

Note: I didn’t know where to put this. Feel free to move to correct forum.

Hi guys,

In short: I had to take an SSRI (paxil 20mg) for about 1.5 years due to panic attacks. I’m not proud of it, but the pills helped me a lot. Well at least with that.

Last year I quit with the SSRI’s.

But now still I’m having issues losing body fat. I’ve been working out for about 8 years now. I’m 1m83 and weigh 105kg with 16% body fat. The fat is mainly abdominal (not a fat belly sticking out, but love handles) and under my chin (yeah wtf).

I watch what I eat (only 1 cheat meal on Friday), watch the fat/carb/proteine in meals and I work out 4-5 times a week. I maintain high intensity and weight (+ cardio after workout). No slacking!

But still after a year I can not seem to lose a single pound!!

I got frustrated and tried Clenbuterol 100µg/day but after 2 months still nothing…

I let my doctor perform a blood test and it seemed my testosteron levels are with the normal range for my age (30).

I posted about this before and some ppl adviced some medication, but I was not able to get a prescription for it :frowning:

Do SSRI’s mess with other hormones/stuff that regulates metabolism? Can I let my blood be checked on certain stuff?

(sorry English is not my first language)

Greetings,

Hollow

are you tracking calories/measuring food?

@ Bushidobadboy: thanks for this wall of science :smiley: I’ll have to google all that :slight_smile: Thanks a lot! I’ll let the doc take a blood sample again and post the results here.

@ D Public: yes I read a lot about food and diets. I measure (with scale) my food and know my daily calorie intake and usage. I even tried low carb variations for 2 months, with little to no result. We all know that the fast bodyweight loss is water.

@ BBB

I have my blood test results and put them in a new thread in the forum HRT under the tittle Blood test results 31 years old.

I would appreciate it very much if you could give me your opinion there.

Many thanks.