SSB Position?

Do you want the camber pointing up relative to the yoke or down?

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
Do you want the camber pointing up relative to the yoke or down?[/quote]

Not sure how to describe it other than the easier way .

One position will put the plates higher than the other. Do you want the plates higher or lower? The easier one for me to do is to have the plates lower. It’s easier for me because the bar doesn’t pull me forward as hard and I have a lower center of gravity.

Take whichever way feels comfortable and do the opposite of that.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
One position will put the plates higher than the other. Do you want the plates higher or lower? The easier one for me to do is to have the plates lower. It’s easier for me because the bar doesn’t pull me forward as hard and I have a lower center of gravity.[/quote]

That’s the way I do it. You’ll be pulled over enough , you don’t need to overdo it. I’ve tried the other way and it’s just to hard .

Edit, I don’t believe in making everything to hard just for the sake of making it more difficult. Btw , Louie and Dave told me when I bought mine to do it with the plates lower. You can do the harder variation but you’re getting even more away from a squat then . But if you like it, do it.
Josh Bryant had me use it for front squats and they really hit my upper back hard fwiw.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
One position will put the plates higher than the other. Do you want the plates higher or lower? The easier one for me to do is to have the plates lower. It’s easier for me because the bar doesn’t pull me forward as hard and I have a lower center of gravity.[/quote]

That’s the way I do it. You’ll be pulled over enough , you don’t need to overdo it. I’ve tried the other way and it’s just to hard .

I did notice in the lower position it feels squattier and in the other position, sure I still maintained squat mechanics but the muscles used felt more like those used during a good morning or a deadlift. I think I’ll just mix it up. Last use for the SSB was the harder position for some goodmornings and those wrecked everything on the back side from my calves to the top of my neck. That was Saturday and I’m still feeling it.

One thing I really love about this bar is that it spares my shoulders so I can work pressing movements harder.

Looking forward to trying mine for the first time today after work. Got the EliteFTS yoke bar waiting on my porch

[quote]METAL VIPER wrote:
Looking forward to trying mine for the first time today after work. Got the EliteFTS yoke bar waiting on my porch[/quote]

CONGRATS!!!

I LOVE / HATE my Yoke bar. First time I used my YOKE bar I got STAPLED with 310 ( 2 wheels and a quarter per side) it was brutally fun tho. Now I have a Spider bar OWNING ME haha ok back on topic…

when my yoke bar is hanging in the j hooks the handles are pointing away from me. I have tried it with the handles towards me and it makers the weight go way out in from of me. I don’t like it but I’m sure that it could be useful in some manor for someone. I have done front squats with the yoke bar where I start with the handles facing me but get in it so that the bar is sitting on my shoulders backwards. The bar pretty much locks onto me so I can focus on front squatting vs trying to hold up the bar. I admittedly verily suck at front squats tho…

I tried mine out yesterday during my 5/3/1 deload workout. Such a different dynamic when you’re trying to keep from getting dumped forward. The bar is comfortable on my back and no joke, after a total of 15 reps, my lower back had a mad pump that has translated into DOMS this morning. I hope this slowly brings both my squat and deadlift up. I can’t wait to try this guy out on 5x10 squats.

I also found a Promaxima GHD on craigslist that I’m going to pick up later in the week. Never used one before, so maybe adding it in could add some lbs on the lifts.

I tried mine out yesterday during my 5/3/1 deload workout. Such a different dynamic when you’re trying to keep from getting dumped forward. The bar is comfortable on my back and no joke, after a total of 15 reps, my lower back had a mad pump that has translated into DOMS this morning. I hope this slowly brings both my squat and deadlift up. I can’t wait to try this guy out on 5x10 squats.

I also found a Promaxima GHD on craigslist that I’m going to pick up later in the week. Never used one before, so maybe adding it in could add some lbs on the lifts.[/quote]

cool… For me when I switched back to a straight bar after using the yoke bar I actually had an issue with falling backwards after I stood up with the weight. I had gotten so used to having to push so hard against the yoke bar / hip drive to keep from getting folded up like a lawn chair that I was literally falling backwards.

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

I also found a Promaxima GHD on craigslist that I’m going to pick up later in the week. Never used one before, so maybe adding it in could add some lbs on the lifts.[/quote]

cool… For me when I switched back to a straight bar after using the yoke bar I actually had an issue with falling backwards after I stood up with the weight. I had gotten so used to having to push so hard against the yoke bar / hip drive to keep from getting folded up like a lawn chair that I was literally falling backwards. [/quote]
lol, ah shit. I look forward to that