Squirrel Problem, Seeking Advice

[quote]MsM wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
E.Ermine wrote:
Somebody mention my name?

Are you still getting it on with MSM?

Haha No. This is why:

Ermine Reproduction

The Ermine is territorial and intolerant of others in its range, especially others of the same sex. Within its range, it typically uses several dens, often taken from prey species. It usually travels alone, except when it is mating and its mating system is promiscuous. Copulation occurs during the mating season with multiple partners. Sometimes it occurs when the female is so young she has not even left the den.

On a serious note…OP, try calling A1 Pest Control and asking them to recommend someone for squirrels. They are a very good local company that a previous employer used to use.[/quote]

You mean T-Nations MSM?

Please disreguard my comments above, sorry MSM.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll call them this aft.
BTW, You still training hard? How’s the new place you’ve move to?

Cheers,

TK

[quote]ab_power wrote:
Bought a decent BB gun from Canadian Tire, laid some food out, waited, and offed each one of them as they came to eat.

Thats how we got rid of them at our place[/quote]

Dude, there’s nothing I’d like more than practicing my sniper skills on squirrels. Lack of time and house location are a major issue. Plus knowing my luck, the neighbours would call some animal protection group and cite me for cruelty.

I’m seriously considering going with the stobe light, gonna throw a disco party for squirrels this weekend.

Yee Haw

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
MsM wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
E.Ermine wrote:
Somebody mention my name?

Are you still getting it on with MSM?

Haha No. This is why:

Ermine Reproduction

The Ermine is territorial and intolerant of others in its range, especially others of the same sex. Within its range, it typically uses several dens, often taken from prey species. It usually travels alone, except when it is mating and its mating system is promiscuous. Copulation occurs during the mating season with multiple partners. Sometimes it occurs when the female is so young she has not even left the den.

On a serious note…OP, try calling A1 Pest Control and asking them to recommend someone for squirrels. They are a very good local company that a previous employer used to use.

You mean T-Nations MSM?

Please disreguard my comments above, sorry MSM.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll call them this aft.
BTW, You still training hard? How’s the new place you’ve move to?

Cheers,

TK

[/quote]

lol Sorry about that…a bit of a running joke amongst friends.

I hope they’re able to help. Certainly a wonderful company; very knowledgeable and impeccable customer service in my experience.

Sheiko is hard, yes:) and I’d give anything to be able to go to Starbuck’s right now!

Hope you get rid of your little critters. They will wreck a place in no time flat.

My Dad had an issue with critters. And trapping really works. Just make sure you don’t put the trap on anything that can get damaged. Once they are trapped they chew on anything including wooden decks, car\truck interior during transport and cause all sorts of damage.

If you get a trap that is basically a cage you can relocate them. But make sure its miles and miles away or they will and do come back.

Or since its a cage you can fill a garbage bucket up to the rim with water and drop the cage and critter into the bottom. Then use it for fertilizer in your garden. Not saying this is right but it saves your car/truck from getting chewed on during transport for relocation.

You guys are making this more difficult than it needs to be, try the Exlax it works like a charm.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
You guys are making this more difficult than it needs to be, try the Exlax it works like a charm. [/quote]

MaximusB,

Are you serious about the Exlax suggestion? Please explain. Last thing I need is a roof filled with squirrel crap.

TK,

Think about it, if a piece of ex-lax makes a regular person go to the bathroom, what do you think it will do to a little squirrel? You wont have squirrel crap per se, more like squirrels who crapped themselves to death.

Anyone know these two fine ladies, they have something I need.

How to make a squirrel sandwich:

The only thing that really works is trapping.

• the ultrasonic gizmos do not work

• the strobe light is not gonna work

• fake owls do NOT work

• poisons do kill them, but then they go die inside your wall and fill your house with stench for months while they are decomposing, unless you cut holes in your wall and find where they are and pull them out. Plus poisons are not healthy for your environment.

The Hav-A-Heart traps do work if you set them up correctly. If you relocate the animal, you must take it far far away. I think Harbor Freight has them pretty cheap.