Squealers, Baby!

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
ScrambyEggs wrote:
I’ll have you know that KC put in a good game this weekend and came up winners. So its not like we just rolled over an entirely garbage team.

This game… uggg. Special teams killed us. 3 Falcons touchdowns came by way of Steeler turnonver inside their own 30. You can’t win games like that. They just need to get some stickem on their hands and they would be contenders again.

And given what was said about the Steelers handing out cheap shots… i’m going to go out on a limb and guess your a “Bungles” fan?

not at all. i know a coach. good guy. they are bungles no more. of course, you know that.

nah. the steelers are cheap-shot artists. it’s coached there. everyone knows it. it’s called being physical and selling out. but, it’s always a little more than that, isn’t it? funny how it’s always just called ‘steeler football’ instead of dirty football. i heard there’s a poll of NFL players out there about who’s the dirtiest player. Porter and Ward were near the top of the list. Who do you think would top the list of ‘dirtiest teams’?

Ward, a dirty player?

You gotta be smoking crack.

[/quote]

yeah. me and his ‘peers’ hit the pipe together.

hahah. Exactly.

Oh, Hack, do we have to call names? I do appreciate you posting the link though.

However, you sir, are a flip flop.
You can’t even follow the simpliest of man laws. Pick a team and stick with them, regardless.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
ScrambyEggs wrote:

Ward, a dirty player?

[/quote]

Flip flop flip flop…I go with who’s winning!!
Again, you can’t follow the simpliest of man laws.

but none of that matters, ‘you’re friends with guys on the team!!’ Thanks for throwing that out there, now you are credible!

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
okay. generally i root for seattle, NY giants, and cincy (yeah. you got me). i’m friends with some guys on one team and the other two have coaches who were good to me and i still talk to. [/quote]

SkyzykS wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
ScrambyEggs wrote:
I’ll have you know that KC put in a good game this weekend and came up winners. So its not like we just rolled over an entirely garbage team.

This game… uggg. Special teams killed us. 3 Falcons touchdowns came by way of Steeler turnonver inside their own 30. You can’t win games like that. They just need to get some stickem on their hands and they would be contenders again.

And given what was said about the Steelers handing out cheap shots… i’m going to go out on a limb and guess your a “Bungles” fan?

not at all. i know a coach. good guy. they are bungles no more. of course, you know that.

nah. the steelers are cheap-shot artists. it’s coached there. everyone knows it. it’s called being physical and selling out. but, it’s always a little more than that, isn’t it? funny how it’s always just called ‘steeler football’ instead of dirty football. i heard there’s a poll of NFL players out there about who’s the dirtiest player. Porter and Ward were near the top of the list. Who do you think would top the list of ‘dirtiest teams’?

Ward, a dirty player?

yeah. me and his ‘peers’ hit the pipe together.
[/quote]

Dude, even Tom Brady got a vote. I don’t think the players really take those polls too seriously.

[quote]DNIC75 wrote:
hahah. Exactly.

Oh, Hack, do we have to call names? I do appreciate you posting the link though.

However, you sir, are a flip flop.
You can’t even follow the simpliest of man laws. Pick a team and stick with them, regardless.

SkyzykS wrote:
ScrambyEggs wrote:

Ward, a dirty player?

[/quote]

can’t do it! you see things a little differently when you have gotten a little closer to it. maybe when i’m older and totally removed (i.e. don’t know anyone) i’ll root more for the team near where i live or the team i rooted for growing up.

Fine Hack, fair enough. Dare I say I agree with you on the statement below…

How close were you to playing in the big game?

can’t do it! you see things a little differently when you have gotten a little closer to it. maybe when i’m older and totally removed (i.e. don’t know anyone) i’ll root more for the team near where i live or the team i rooted for growing up.

[/quote]

Are people still crying about the refs in last years super bowl… oh my goodness… get over it. I am a life long steelers fan… since '76. I do root hard for my team and feel bad when they lose but I have a real life and since I don’t get paid when they win I am usually over it by the next day.

Apparently some people just can’t let go when their teams lose. Hey how’s Hasselback doing, I heard he messed up his knee… must have been the Steelers and refs set that up HA!HA! Give me a break… oh wait Hasselback already got one :slight_smile:

The Steelers are having a bad year when it comes down to it. QB who had a motorcycle accident, emergency appendectomy, no preseason or training camp to gel with the offense… yet with all that we aren’t looking like our record shows. Turnovers and poor special teams are killing us.

Take them away and we would be doing fine… so I for one am not worried. A bad year after we won SBXL still leaves us the champion until this years SB. No other team can make that claim and all the little whiners will have to wait until this season is over.

Props to the Chiefs! Good win over a good team. They tried their best to piss it away, but just couldn’t get the job done.

[quote]DNIC75 wrote:

Hack Wilson wrote:

[/quote]

Probably not as close as I’d like to believe. Linebackers got hit once with a lot of injuries, pretty early in the season, and I thought it might happen. The LB coach thought it might too. But they picked up a guy who got waived and signed a guy who had gotten cut after camp.

I was too short (six feet) and probably a little too light (235). This was back in the early/mid-90s when ‘big’ linebackers were the thing (six-three, 260 types).

I’m glad I did it. I loved to practice and those preseason games were fantastic to play in. I usually played a lot there, trying to make special teams.

I guess that guy on the board who says I sucked is right. I couldn’t even make special teams (tear).

[quote]stormmj wrote:
Are people still crying about the refs in last years super bowl… oh my goodness… get over it. I am a life long steelers fan… since '76. I do root hard for my team and feel bad when they lose but I have a real life and since I don’t get paid when they win I am usually over it by the next day.

Apparently some people just can’t let go when their teams lose. Hey how’s Hasselback doing, I heard he messed up his knee… must have been the Steelers and refs set that up HA!HA! Give me a break… oh wait Hasselback already got one :slight_smile:

The Steelers are having a bad year when it comes down to it. QB who had a motorcycle accident, emergency appendectomy, no preseason or training camp to gel with the offense… yet with all that we aren’t looking like our record shows. Turnovers and poor special teams are killing us.

Take them away and we would be doing fine… so I for one am not worried. A bad year after we won SBXL still leaves us the champion until this years SB. No other team can make that claim and all the little whiners will have to wait until this season is over.[/quote]

We? What position do you play?

I’m sorry… didn’t realize this was the Super Bowl of context. I will make sure to use my Context Checker next time I write… wouldn’t want someone thinking I am a Steeler or anything and using that as their weak point of contention.

I respect that Hack. I played for a big name team in NCAA Division 1. Compound tib/fib fracture my senior year ended all further aspirations.

DNIC75 wrote:

Hack Wilson wrote:

Probably not as close as I’d like to believe. Linebackers got hit once with a lot of injuries, pretty early in the season, and I thought it might happen. The LB coach thought it might too. But they picked up a guy who got waived and signed a guy who had gotten cut after camp.

I was too short (six feet) and probably a little too light (235). This was back in the early/mid-90s when ‘big’ linebackers were the thing (six-three, 260 types).

I’m glad I did it. I loved to practice and those preseason games were fantastic to play in. I usually played a lot there, trying to make special teams.

I guess that guy on the board who says I sucked is right. I couldn’t even make special teams (tear).

[/quote]

[quote]stormmj wrote:
I’m sorry… didn’t realize this was the Super Bowl of context. I will make sure to use my Context Checker next time I write… wouldn’t want someone thinking I am a Steeler or anything and using that as their weak point of contention.[/quote]

it’s not context. it’s reality. just because you wear a steelers jersey and watch them on TV does not mean you play for them. so don’t say ‘we’.

now wipe the bbq sauce off your rothlisberger jersery and start getting ready for ‘your’ next game!