T Nation

Squatty Potty

anyone use one http://squattypotty.com/

I’ve seen 'em before, and then got reminded of them after being on Dr.Oz briefly.

Well, I “made do without one” and now I’m sold.

LOL anything that has to do with poop makes me laugh…But seriously, sounds interesting. I’ve never personally had any problems since I take plenty of fiber, but I can imagine that your loafs would shoot right on out the squatty way :slight_smile:

[i]There are many health benefits to squatting when nature calls including:

More complete evacuation of wastes,
Less pressure on veins,
Increased ability to absorb nutrients (resulting in greater energy levels), just to name a few.[/i]

I can see where they’re coming from for the first two… but the third reeks of gimmicky hippie superstition.

Next time I shit, I’ll prop my feet up and see how it feels. But, for someone who doesn’t have issues with hemorrhoids or uncomfortable straining (I just kinda sit down and relax), I’m not sure how useful it will be.

Not gonna lie, though, I do enjoy the occasional battle with a stubborn turd. The feeling of triumph as I birth a two pound, nine-incher (there’s a homoerotic joke here, but I’m feeling lazy) is like Alexander conquering a new world.

Plus, it’s a good warm-up for when I go clubbing later that night (there it is!).

Well, it usually takes me 20-mins to fully go. Not a lot of straining and the consistency of it shows I’m not constipated (not rock like).

This went much faster (stood on the toilet, hurt my bad knee a bit, but ok now). And I feel more evacuated :shrug:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Well, it usually takes me 20-mins to fully go. Not a lot of straining and the consistency of it shows I’m not constipated (not rock like).

This went much faster (stood on the toilet, hurt my bad knee a bit, but ok now). And I feel more evacuated :shrug:[/quote]

20 minutes, are you serious? That is weird. I am done in 2 minutes.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

This went much faster (stood on the toilet, hurt my bad knee a bit, but ok now). And I feel more evacuated :shrug:[/quote]

20 minutes, are you serious? That is weird. I am done in 2 minutes.[/quote]

yeah, 15 would be a fast one. It’s usually a lot though, as I only go once a day

When I go hunting I usually have to pop a squat in the bushes, feels great to be one with nature, but it also sucks because afterwards nature is scared away.

I ordered this right after i saw your post. I had been considering getting a squat stool for awhile. I got the cheap 30$ plastic one and it works great. I have a lot of intestinal problems and one of them is bloating, especially after a bowel movement, hemorrhoids from straining as well as incomplete elimination and constipation. This stool has helped a bunch already, i evacuate more fully and quickly, i have less bloating after bowel movements and the hemorrhoids i had have stopped hurting and are bordering on completely healed. Thanks for mentioning this again, got me to take action and now i have a new tool to help myself.

awesome dude. I got the same cheap one. So much better than standing and squatting on a toilet :wink: lol.

I was weirded out too at first, but with someone else mentioning their use, I gave the stand/squatting on toilet and was sold. This squatty potty is super comfortable as well. And I just feel more “emptied”.

, I gave the stand/squatting on toilet and was sold

Just got the mental image haha, not making fun because chances are I am now going to go try that.

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:

, I gave the stand/squatting on toilet and was sold

Just got the mental image haha, not making fun because chances are I am now going to go try that.
[/quote]

LOL, did I mention this was at work. I just prayed no one walked in (door was locked though), good luck explaining that one.

Why so long to shit? I’m like clockwork, within 10 mins same time every morning, 2 mins tops. That thing shoots out like a log flume ride! Kinda is.
I think I need to get one of these for my wife. iIm convinced she doesn’t drink anywhere near enough water.

I dunno. Been like that for a long time. I get enough fiber.

i’m sure you can find something to elevate your feet already in your home, small hampers work

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
i’m sure you can find something to elevate your feet already in your home, small hampers work[/quote]

tried a dynamax MB and an 8-pack of paper towels, not the same, close though

yeah, 15 would be a fast one. It’s usually a lot though, as I only go once a day[/quote]
Speaking of this, one of the guys around the office takes a daily 25 minute sh*t. It has become a joke around here as he will go in there with a full cup of coffee and a paper. I have just always assumed he is wasting time and reading the paper, never knew it actually took that long.