Squatting, Leverages, Femurs, and Other $%$&

Questions I have about squatting that I need answers. And yes, I’ve already read articles.

1.Importance of Bar placements. Too high on your back does what? Too low on your back does what?

2.Is it possible to sit too far back, especially if you’re in a narrow stance.

3.Low back pain bein the only thing you feel when you squat in a narrow Full Squat stance

4.Can 5’10 guys have short torso and long femurs and suck at Squats. If so , how can you tell.

5.Wide stance squat vs Full Squat narrow stance for football. Which would be better.

ok… I’m not sure which articles you have read, but just to point you towards some you may not have read which i think might help, go to elitefts.com, and westside-barbell.com, lots and lots of great squatting articles there. I think if you’ve got good or bad squatting leverages, (bad like mine being long legs and a short back) squats are still a good idea.I personally think that belt squats are exellent, an exercise i began using when i injured my lower back, and kept on as i liked it so much.good luck.

My advice is to experiment with all of the variables you have presented. In a pure power lifting sense, most will use a wide stance, lower bar position. Moving the bar position around as well as stance width will offer nice changes and development. It will also help you to find what works best for you.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
3.Low back pain bein the only thing you feel when you squat in a narrow Full Squat stance

4.Can 5’10 guys have short torso and long femurs and suck at Squats. If so , how can you tell.

[/quote]

1. four reasons i can think of:
    a. you’re rounding your back.
    b. your back is too weak for your legs
    c. you have a previously undiagnosed lower back injury
    d. you’re getting a “pump” in your lower back, which you are not used to feeling

2. definitely, i’ve seen it many times. it doesn’t mean you should stop squatting. how can you tell? i’d say a good rule of thumb is: you can’t move a lot of weight.

seriously though, don’t worry about the leaverage issue. it’s interesting to know about, but don’t use it as an excuse for a weak lift.

[quote]rawda wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

1. four reasons i can think of:
    a. you’re rounding your back.
    b. your back is too weak for your legs
    c. you have a previously undiagnosed lower back injury
    d. you’re getting a “pump” in your lower back, which you are not used to feeling

2. definitely, i’ve seen it many times. it doesn’t mean you should stop squatting. how can you tell? i’d say a good rule of thumb is: you can’t move a lot of weight.

seriously though, don’t worry about the leaverage issue. it’s interesting to know about, but don’t use it as an excuse for a weak lift. [/quote]

I’m not tryin to use it as an excuse, I just can’t stand how gaining weight on Squats is such a fuckin bitch. Thanks guys. Glad the three of you posted…out of the hundreds on this board.

If you have already read this, read it again.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=740326

[quote]4est wrote:
If you have already read this, read it again.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=740326[/quote]

Thanks for the link, i’ve looked at it before but I don’t know what the fuck I am. 5’10, 225lbs, I can’t really tell if i got long limbs or a short torso and all that. Guess I’ll just have to suck it and keep training. Thanks for the post.