Squatting is Bad!!!!

[quote]JVillan wrote:
http://www.thedreamlounge.net/arx-workout-1/

A post about his workout, right after the one bashing squats.[/quote]

What the hell was that??? at 11:35 Is that the taking a shit exercise?

[quote]Re.po wrote:

[quote]JVillan wrote:

What the hell was that??? at 11:35 Is that the taking a shit exercise? [/quote]

AJHAhAHHAHah!!!

Hey Storm, good to have ya back buddy ! Always the one of rational thought . . .

I actually met this kid a few years back. He tried to tell me I had blood parasites because I ate saturated fats. He isnt trolling, he believes all the stuff he writes, lives by it, and will argue endlessly about it. He also has some weird need to know something you dont so he can be condescending. I think he wrote a dating book as a virgin or something, to illustrate the kind of expertise he has…

[quote]JVillan wrote:

That machine he uses is pretty cool though. If I ever used cable machines I’d be jealous.

The cable curl kids Hahaha fuckin d bags

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
The cable curl kids Hahaha fuckin d bags[/quote]

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
The cable curl kids Hahaha fuckin d bags[/quote]

I almost shot jd outta my nose nice “BRO”

Christ, that is the biggest tool I have ever seen

Dr. Norton is awesome with his response!

How can they sit around and talk about this shit, having no evidence or even experience in training athletes?

So, they ignore that the squat is a closed chain vs leg press being an open chain exercise, and obviously superior from the get-go. Also, the squat is a full body compound exercise once you are at all strong. Leg press is not even close.

The whole argument against a squat is that a pyramid structure should not be loaded from the top, which makes no sense on the surface before diving into its full ridiculousness - what structure would be more stable than a pyramid where each layer is supported by a stronger layer below? I sure wouldnt want an inverted pyramid, to load my feet while standing on my head, for sure. Moving closer to the joint just ends up with you overloadng isolation exercises in fixed ranges of motion.

Somehow it is superior to load yourself with a belt squat, which I have never been able to do in a way that didnt have totally unnatural and weird compression on my hips, or load a leg press which will cram my spine into a chair.

And dont do full range of motion because… well just dont because you can lift the most isometrically, duh.

And then the complete lack of real world results except to say that they didnt get injured and you will.

The Bill guy seems nice and his perspective makes sense in the light of the crap early bodybuilding info that he started with and then tearing his biceps, but they have to limit their audience to training the slice of people who are exercising with no performance or size goals and just want to avoid atrophy as they age and it will be 1000x more relevant. He certainly doesnt need that awful kid cheerleading him.

Why are there so many comments? Why do people even bother addressing this guy? Everything he wrote about the squat is based on a very poor understanding of the movement, it only holds true if you squat like a retard (and in some cases not even then).

Don’t waste time on this fool. Don’t acknowledge his existence, he’s not worth that.

[quote]milktruck wrote:
The whole argument against a squat is that a pyramid structure should not be loaded from the top, which makes no sense on the surface before diving into its full ridiculousness - what structure would be more stable than a pyramid where each layer is supported by a stronger layer below? [/quote]

Isn’t the pyramid one of the go-to shapes in architecture for strength?

I am going to write a book titled: “Fuck You: How to Win Like an Asshole.” Then my book tour will consist of going to that guys house and beating him to death with a Mastadon bar.

I just read some of the comments. I personally like how he chose to avoid anyone who made a solid argument. Skipped the video then after reading I had to go back and watch, made it about 13 seconds in and then vomited on my keyboard.

Really, this is one of the downfalls of the internet. T-Nation should make a it a crusade to ruin this guy and his “blog”. I mean who in the fuck is really going to listen to this guy!!

Moar skwats for the rest of us.

The more people he influences, the bigger and stronger I am compared to the average trainee.

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
I am going to write a book titled: “Fuck You: How to Win Like an Asshole.” Then my book tour will consist of going to that guys house and beating him to death with a Mastadon bar.[/quote]

YEARS BEST QUOTE . . . thanks STB !

I just hope it keeps more people out of the rack for irrational fears of fatal injury, because I have a death wish that just cannot be sated!

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Moar skwats for the rest of us.

The more people he influences, the bigger and stronger I am compared to the average trainee.[/quote]

Never thought about it that way. I like it. You could pretty much apply this to all idiot trainers out there with similarly ridiculous ideas about training. More terrible trainers = awesomer me!