Squatting in Centurion

Anyone experienced in this suit or similar suits, that can give me some helpful advice on how I should be squatting differently from normal to utilize the suit. I get the feeling that I’m just going to fall back in it…also my knees seem to rock in the deeper I try to get. It’s a very awkward feeling. I should note that I have a stock fit 38…and it’s pretty damn small on me…with slippers after losing my recent weight it took about 20 minutes to get on and didn’t get seated until I tried to use it a bit. I had read that this suit is easy to learn etc…doesn’t seem so…I’m sure a custom fit is better, however this is all I have for now. Any help is appreciated guys.

Videos?

Sit back and open your knees. That’s about all you need to do to make the suit work in my experience.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Videos?

Sit back and open your knees. That’s about all you need to do to make the suit work in my experience.[/quote]

Thanks man…I’ll ask one of my teammates to film it…do you find it’s like a shirt where you need a certain amount of weight just to touch, only with the suit you’d need a certain weight to hit depth?

[quote]facko wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Videos?

Sit back and open your knees. That’s about all you need to do to make the suit work in my experience.

Thanks man…I’ll ask one of my teammates to film it…do you find it’s like a shirt where you need a certain amount of weight just to touch, only with the suit you’d need a certain weight to hit depth?[/quote]

Definately. I need over 600 to get down like in mine.

600? Damn. That’s awesome. Actually- that’s about how much bindage I get from 4 layers of tight poly (straps down of course)

These newer centurions must be in a whole new league. I have one of the older ones (NXG+ material) I bought when I was still interested in liftng USAPL/IPF. It wasn’t insanely tight- but tight enough to bruise my hips and leave little hickies on my traps. I cound still get down with less than 500 in it.

Hmmm… interesting stuff.

I have the brief version of the centurion and it gives me a heck of a lot of carry over. Wraps & belt apparently give me at least 150+ lbs over raw & a belt.

How are the straps in length on the suit? I have a fairly long torso for how tall I am. I can’t stand tight straps as they pull me forward and just give me problems.

Considering what Pinto said, they sound a little short.

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
Hmmm… interesting stuff.

I have the brief version of the centurion and it gives me a heck of a lot of carry over. Wraps & belt apparently give me at least 150+ lbs over raw & a belt.

How are the straps in length on the suit? I have a fairly long torso for how tall I am. I can’t stand tight straps as they pull me forward and just give me problems.

Considering what Pinto said, they sound a little short. [/quote]

The straps, after I got it pretty well seated…weren’t too tight, but tight enough like said before that they give red marks on my traps. When I try to squat in it though, it definitely gives a good amount of pressure on my torso. I think I just need to force my knees out a bit, I’m letting the suit throw my knees around and make me lean too much.

But like I said…the suit is FUCKING TIGHT…really tight, around the legs I mean. It’s almost beyond meet fit. It was the only stock size they had close to around my measurements, and I hadn’t even got it on until I lost about 12 lbs.

I think you’re right in that this is a technique issue. Try taking some lighter squats to a low box with straps down and focus pusshing your knees out. When I say low- I mean like a couple inches below parallel- not like squatting down to an aerobic step. If you’re used to using a lot of back when you squat, this will be humbling in terms of how the weight feels, but I think this will help with empasizing the knee-out. I’ve usually thrown these in as my warm-ups working up to free squat work sets. It definitly makes a difference what I do once the weight gets heavy and I take the box away and cut it at parallel.

[quote]Pinto wrote:
600? Damn. That’s awesome. Actually- that’s about how much bindage I get from 4 layers of tight poly (straps down of course)

These newer centurions must be in a whole new league. I have one of the older ones (NXG+ material) I bought when I was still interested in liftng USAPL/IPF. It wasn’t insanely tight- but tight enough to bruise my hips and leave little hickies on my traps. I cound still get down with less than 500 in it.
[/quote]

Scary part is, it’s only a NXG Super+. Not the new Super Centurtion!! It’s bitch tight tho. I’m 45-46 around the ass, the suit’s a 42 and only been worn 10-12 times at most, and washed in powerwash after most of them!! So it’s not even that stretched out.

It’s a completely different beast with the straps up. Almost to the extent it’s not even worth comparing it to straps down, imo!!

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Pinto wrote:

Scary part is, it’s only a NXG Super+. Not the new Super Centurtion!! It’s bitch tight tho. I’m 45-46 around the ass, the suit’s a 42 and only been worn 10-12 times at most, and washed in powerwash after most of them!! So it’s not even that stretched out.

It’s a completely different beast with the straps up. Almost to the extent it’s not even worth comparing it to straps down, imo!!
[/quote]

I bet…my teammates are telling me I should use it as briefs for a while before I put the straps up. We squat Monday…so we will see how it goes…I’m gonna wear my adistars so I can sit back better and really try to force my knees out.

[quote]facko wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Pinto wrote:

I bet…my teammates are telling me I should use it as briefs for a while before I put the straps up. We squat Monday…so we will see how it goes…I’m gonna wear my adistars so I can sit back better and really try to force my knees out.[/quote]

Knees out are the absolute KEY. It’s sacrilege to say, but you also might need to sit down as well as back. With a normal (not monolift style stance) you’re not gonna be able to sit back far enough to hit depth without falling over imo. So a certain degree of down and back is necessary.

Let us know how you get on, and get some vids.