T Nation

Squatting Hurts

Squatting hurts the inner part of my legs, I think it is the sectorius muscle. It makes me sore when I perform this exercise, really sore.
Shoul I drop it in favor of the leg press?

I sware, it really hurts, the feeling is weird, I am not complaining about the usual soreness that you experience after an intense workout.

squatting hurts my quads, hams and glutes too. get over it?

[quote]Maldoror wrote:
Squatting hurts the inner part of my legs, I think it is the sectorius muscle. It makes me sore when I perform this exercise, really sore.
Shoul I drop it in favor of the leg press?

I sware, it really hurts, the feeling is weird, I am not complaining about the usual soreness that you experience after an intense workout.[/quote]

I had the same problem I started squatting with a much narrower stance and I stopped feeling the pain.

ps
i realize this will put a little more emphasis on the quads but hey at least i can still squat until I heal.

Lower the load and get used to the move. Maybe a wider stance.

If im hearing you right its actual PAIN during. In the end if it any exercise cuases real pain, nopt strain or is hard but pain, then sorry Id not do it. Id hate to have to drop squatting though.

Check your form, do a squat. Have someone else you trust, and hopefully knows what they are looking at check your form, do a squat. You need to find a stance that feels right.

As far as the pain goes, I would have to say not to squat only if you go down and the pain hits you hard enough for you to want to not do it again. Like the old addage, “If it hurts, don’t do it” or something similar. You’re the only one who will be able to say whether or not it is true pain or a muscle you didn’t know existed.

Good luck, have patience.