Squatting Everyday Not for Me

damn, Chris, using some lube before going in for the kill lol

Leon36 is the guy who said he couldn’t do cardio the other day because he stayed up too late the previous night, and decided he was better served by lying in bed and watching movies. Take that for what it’s worth.

Srs question:

If you take a dump every single day, are you infact overtraining your anal muscles?

Field that is without a doubt tshe most intelligent question and or statement that has come from this thread… and I would have to say I guess depends on how many reps and time under tension you are putting it through.

So ignoring Leon and getting back on topic, squats are awesome.

[quote]Field wrote:
Srs question:

If you take a dump every single day, are you infact overtraining your anal muscles?[/quote]

Is your heart overtraining?

Ok on serious note went back into the gym today for first time in about a week. Was going to do some overhead press but, I was called to the squat rack for some reason so I kind up back squatting. I decided to go some what light 225lbs against green jump bands 8 sets of 3 felt really good and much easier than usual.

So I am going to give this one more shot but be much more sensible this time around. I am going to do start at 225lbs 8 sets of 3 against bands every day for aweek. Then I will up by 5 or 10lbs every week instead of going crazy and literally maxing out every day. Will alternate upper body and lower body assistance each workout.

For example today I did…
Squats to bands 8x3x225
Clean and Push Press x worked up to ME single 225
Pull Ups 5x8 supersetted with Band Pull aparts.

Tommorrow
Squats same as above.
Snatch 5x3x155
Hip Thrust 5x8x135

The next two days will. Be roughly the same except focusing on direct arm work for upper body and cleans for lower body. Weights stay the same till all sets can be performed with perfect form. I am going to attempt to start a journal on here for those who cared to see how this plays out.

[quote]Reed wrote:
Field that is without a doubt tshe most intelligent question and or statement that has come from this thread… and I would have to say I guess depends on how many reps and time under tension you are putting it through.[/quote]

This.

Eating chicken breast and vegetables, and taking a nice easy dump each day is like doing the dan jon 40 day program. Sure it’s every day, but it’s nothing too strenuous.

Taco Bell/Chinese food/fast food is like 5x5 deadlifts every day and will kill you

[quote]Reed wrote:
Ok on serious note went back into the gym today for first time in about a week. Was going to do some overhead press but, I was called to the squat rack for some reason so I kind up back squatting. I decided to go some what light 225lbs against green jump bands 8 sets of 3 felt really good and much easier than usual.

So I am going to give this one more shot but be much more sensible this time around. I am going to do start at 225lbs 8 sets of 3 against bands every day for aweek. Then I will up by 5 or 10lbs every week instead of going crazy and literally maxing out every day. Will alternate upper body and lower body assistance each workout.

For example today I did…
Squats to bands 8x3x225
Clean and Push Press x worked up to ME single 225
Pull Ups 5x8 supersetted with Band Pull aparts.

Tommorrow
Squats same as above.
Snatch 5x3x155
Hip Thrust 5x8x135

The next two days will. Be roughly the same except focusing on direct arm work for upper body and cleans for lower body. Weights stay the same till all sets can be performed with perfect form. I am going to attempt to start a journal on here for those who cared to see how this plays out. [/quote]

Sounds like a solid plan. I can’t for the life of me remember where I read it, but there was an article (it wasn’t on this site) by one of the guys who writes on here pretty often, on the topic of how to transistion to every day training.

I don’t remember the exact recommendations, but it was something along the lines of this:

week 1: 6 easy day and 1 “max” day
week 2: 5 easy days and 2 “max” days

… etc

For the easy days it was something like half your max or so for a few triples, just “greasing the groove” so to speak. He also recommended only doing speed deadlifts, starting out at 50% but never going higher than 80%, even after making a full transistion.

I’ve always been interested in this kind of training, but since I play sports it’s not really feasible for me to try it out anytime soon. Good luck to you.

I’ve got newb questions about this:

My squat sucks. I mean, like it sucks donkey balls relative to my other lift. It’s barely above my bench, and it’s a good 60 lbs less than my deads (for reps) after a month. I’ve been doing an A/B split where I squat one session and dead the next, but I’m debating squatting every session–maybe mixing the volume (3x5 squats, 1x5 deads one session, 3x5 deads, 1x5 squats the next) or something to help me get less crappy on squats. Since you’ve got some experience with higher volume squatting does that seem viable? This is getting embarrassing for gods sakes.

[quote]paulwhite959 wrote:
I’ve got newb questions about this:

My squat sucks. I mean, like it sucks donkey balls relative to my other lift. It’s barely above my bench, and it’s a good 60 lbs less than my deads (for reps) after a month. I’ve been doing an A/B split where I squat one session and dead the next, but I’m debating squatting every session–maybe mixing the volume (3x5 squats, 1x5 deads one session, 3x5 deads, 1x5 squats the next) or something to help me get less crappy on squats. Since you’ve got some experience with higher volume squatting does that seem viable? This is getting embarrassing for gods sakes.[/quote]

Give something like madcow or texas method a try. I’ve never tried texas method, but I have done madcow and I improved my strength (especially squat) greatly.

I don’t know your strength levels, but google “madcow intermediate” and “madcow advanced”. Both can be used effectively, it’s just your preference. Also, don’t think that the advanced version is only for the advanced (lol). You can manipulate it and make the progression faster or slower depending on your strength levels. Madcow himself instructs you to do this. He provides a sample, but the progression is not set in stone. He provides a spreadsheet that makes it very easy to increase or decrease the speed of weight increases.

Right now:
Bench 205 for 3x5 (missed last rep)
squat 225 for 3x5 (missed several reps)
deadlifting 285 for 3x5 on Friday, fairly confident I’ll make it. 275 was hard but not horrible Monday, when I was hung over.

I’ll google them and try to work it out :slight_smile: I look forward to squatting more than wussy weight.

For the few that were interested I started the log obviously not much to see now but in a month or so it will be worth a look.

Lots of 1-3 rep sets with short rest periods: Boss wear.

Shts totally boss:
Cause your 1rm actually goes up,
Your legs dont get as sore,
Its better for your ego cause big weight makes you look more boss,
The sht makes subsequent exercises in the session feel lighter and easier,
You use better teknique with the low reps,
You can do the same exercise more frequently

Your diet can be composed of mostly meat, eggs and cheese, cause you dont need all the CARBOS to fuel those lactate exploding repetitious high rep sets.

Also, more boners. (Idonknow, could be a coincidence, maybe its from all the meat, cheese and eggs.)

Kudos to the OP for actually TRYING something instead of getting on an internet forum and DISCUSSING it for hours on end. If more people in the fitness industry did this instead of reading reports and theorizing everything, the industry would be better off for it.